[PRIVATE] Isolate and Medicate
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
We're dancing in this world alone

Torleik had once been a bouncy, bumbling child who tumbled in and out of life. Now, age had swiftly ascended him to his royal state, hunting and philosophy becoming his favorite past times. The wild creature was still in there, somewhere, but unless provoking, he would not be wrestling around any time soon. He was gone, somewhere, but always present in her mind. With size and skill came independence that she was glad he had, and she hoped for him all the blessings in the world. He hummed affectionately through their bond to indicate his gratitude, the sound distant; he must be flying far around the Basin.

The pale princess nodded to Torleik’s words, having discovered that nugget of morality some time ago when advice had been imparted by a strange, old mare. “You can always ensure that you are in a place which helps your control,” she offered, remembering Hellena speak as if it were yesterday. “I used to lead a band of mercenaries and spies and we called ourselves the Grey. My twin sister and I lead this group side by side and we conquered the Foothills which is now called the Hidden Falls. We lead together until the strain of lies and contracts became too much, and I gave up my leadership for him,” she said, nodding her nose to the sky to indicate she was speaking about her dragon. Ophelia rarely ever spoke of her past, not because she was secretive, but because she did not think anyone cared to know. Living in the present was important, especially for her, but every now and then, some things applied. Ktulu was, perhaps, the only one who knew some of the more minor details, considering that they were raised together.

Ophelia watched the cat owl wade around in the pool, looking at the waters warily. The depth was unknown. Some creature could be residing beneath the smoking depths, but Torleik had never been yanked below the surface to never see the light of day again. Rarely was she wary of anything, but anything could be living beneath the surface; wasn’t it just common sense to want to make sure it was safe?

Lost in her thoughts as she was, she barely noticed what Torleik doing before his compliment was struck like a sword through the heart. Ophelia was struggling to process his words, gaze snapping upward as she stared in disbelief, wondering what he meant at all. Radiant when she smiled? Such romantic words, so rarely spoken in her presence, were confusing, and she approached the situation like one would a mathematics equation, attempting to rationalize the answer. She barely had time to do any of this as his tail snapped her way, bringing droplets of water with it, and she closed her eyes, scrunching up her face in a wince as she lightly turned her head away. The warm water dotted her hide around her cheek, a few making it onto her long, white lashes and the rest splatting at her neck. Once she was sure the assault was over, she cracked open her pale blue, left eye.

Slowly the expression faded into an actor’s face of haughty disbelief as she puffed her chest and lifted her neck in a lofty way. “Did you just… splash me?” she demanded, welcoming the reprieve she had to let his compliment sink in. The words still stung in a way that burned through the ice, and she was surprised that it felt so… nice. Ophelia slowly waltzed to the edge of the hot spring, seeing him through the curling smoke that now wafted between their bodies. Torleik would learn something about her today, something that he might not like. Phi was a vengeful creature, intent on payback – even in play.

The pale princess swiftly turned her haunches as if she were in battle and kicked backward, letting her hind hooves catch in the water and send a wave up toward where Torleik stood. As soon as she landed, she was moving again, her dance graceful as she lightly moved on cloven hooves. A smirk curled one side of her face, which was close to a smile, right? Phi watched him carefully, wondering if this would little battle would end up with her being doused.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-27-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 01:42 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 12-18-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 12-19-2014, 01:35 PM