[PRIVATE] Isolate and Medicate
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia
the world was on fire

Ophelia listened to his question and nodded, smiling. "He has his own life too, and I enjoy sharing it with him," she replied. Then, she told him a personal story, one that was important to her. The advice she had received from Hellena that day had changed her life. That point had been one which directed her down a different path, and the words meant so much more than just a literal place. She frowned, ears tilting back as her expression tensed.

His words, though true, were not entirely applicable to her story. She was speaking about sacrifice for those you cared about, so that you could do right by them no matter what - even if that meant giving up something important. Her story spoke of doing what was best for another, not yourself. The pale princess narrowed her gaze ever so slightly. "Those you care for are worth it," she replied tensely in agreement. "I never said anything about giving me up."

She stood stiffly, feeling the pain of his slight rubbing an ache in her chest. Did her story mean nothing then? Ophelia snatched her gaze away, looking down at her hooves as anger masked a plummeting self-confidence. Advice that had meant so much to her, held so much weight and value had been so easily cast down. The start, a snippet of her past which was rarely told, had been ignored. Hellena had helped shape her future, helped her realize that filling her world with lies and tension was only straining the beautiful bond between her and Tinek.

"It's about self-sacrifice. Selflessness for the benefit of those you care about," she grunted, tightening her jaw. Giving up leadership of a herd she had built from the ground had been one of her life's greatest sacrifices. This reminded her of why she rarely opened up. How quick were others to judge when she imparted advice and a life choice. Argument had not been what she had intended. Did he have too much pride to consider she offered? That made it seem like she meant so little to him as a leader, an individual, equal...

------------------------

Ophelia trotted from the spring with her head raised, still smirking. Unaware of the feeling of feminine wiles, she acted on whatever little instincts she had. She had no intention of seducing him and no idea that she even was. Honestly, she felt like she was playing for the first time in her life. So much of her childhood had been plagued with violence and tension, running from shades to save her and her sister's life. Little time was left for careless fun.

The time god had also left his emotional hang-ups and scars. He had taken advantage of her memory and her body in a single action, and she had given him a child. Never again did she want to feel this way, so full of anguish and upset and yet trying so hard to care for a child she had not wanted. Admitting that to herself had been difficult enough. Getting over these issues would take time and love but more importantly understanding and patience.

She watched him dodge out of her way then back in her direction, and she snorted in amusement, smiling. The pale princess was closer to the water's edge now, and his light shove with his nose pushed her gently just into the shallow of a spring. Luckily, she recovered well, jerking her body up and out of the warm water with the crashing of her heart. Ophelia could not remember a time when she had ever swam before, and the deep waters were dangerous and unnerving.

Still, she was not offended, just glad that she had survived. Breathing roughly, she felt the chilly bite of the air and shook out her coat, glancing at Torleik with a nervous smile. "Ah the water..." she said, struggling to admit a weakness. "They are not deep?" she asked, just to be sure. Her hooves had hit a silty bottom, but did it get deeper? The tips of her hair were wet and her lower coat revealed a dark skin underneath, making her appear almost blue.

She was not at all mad or upset. Just taking her time to weight the shock of that tinge of fear of never making it to the surface again. While rationally she understood that he would never shove her to her death, the irrational fear of the water had clouded her judgement. "I cannot see... through it," she replied. "Did you swim often where you came from?" Was that why he was so brave?

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 07:17 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 09:27 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-26-2014, 11:13 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-26-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 12:04 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 11-27-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 11-27-2014, 01:42 AM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Torleik - 12-18-2014, 06:49 PM
RE: Isolate and Medicate - by Ophelia - 12-19-2014, 01:35 PM