the Rift

[OPEN] Cobwebs [SNEAK MEETING] [CLOSED]

Astraea Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Quietly, I listened to Thor as he spoke first to Cetan and then to us both. Apparently Jahzara was running a tad bit late. Hopefully she would find her way over to this meeting before we broke it up. I'd really like to get to know all my fellow comrades in arms.

You're looking at your fellow sneaks...

The fact echoed in my mind as I looked from Cetan and then to Thor. Why was there so little of us? Did no one worry about learning the unknown? Was no one the least bit curious about everything around them? My heart sank just a little bit. I was hoping there would be more of us...more sneaks...more sleuths. But apparently there wasn't. There was just me, Cetan, Thor, and this Jahzara.

My ears tipped as Thor continued talking about some sort of riddle challenge. In all honesty, it sounded like it could be a lot of fun, until he said one word: victims. The word just seemed too personal for me. Perhaps maybe objective or mission but it wasn't my intention to victimize people.

“Okay,” I agree hesitantly after he finished talking and remained silent. My black eyes fell to Cetan questioningly. Was he willing to think of our stealths as a form of victimization? Or would he be just as hesitant as I was in that department? I mean certainly I could come up with some sort of puzzle to describe somebody, but would my sense of loyalty and need to belong overrun my own moral compass?

Pondering over that I looked up to the sky. Perhaps I could find an answer within the stars once night came?

The sound of another equine approaching snapped my attention back to the earth. Rather suddenly, my gaze fell upon a golden mare who had scars over her eyes. Jahzara? When she introduced herself I felt a slight relief to now finally know what all of my fellow sneak ranks looked like.

“It is also a pleasure to meet you too,” I respond back to her before she moved on to talk about the challenge. I listened intently while she spoke about how important it was that we be able to both create and solve these riddles. Our family relies on us to keep them safe she said. Our family...they rely on us...me to keep them safe? It seemed almost unreal. First I have no family, then Thor invites me into his family here with the Edge, and now they were going to rely on me to keep them safe. It felt like things were moving so fast – going from a nobody to an important somebody of sorts.

A sigh escaped my lips as I resigned to the part of me that felt a need to belong somewhere. If they needed me to protect them from something or someone then I would do my absolute best to do so. I looked to each of my fellow sneaks one at a time. First Jahzara, then Cetan, and finally at Thor. And as my gaze lingered on him I spoke softly but with a determination that was beginning to grow within me, “I'll do my best too.”

"Astra's speech"|"Astra's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 535
TAGGED;; @[Thor] @[Cetan] & @[Jahzara]
OOC;; sorry for the late reply. also sorry for the double tagging for Linds and Tribs...forgot to put brackets on Jahzara xD

ASTRA'S REF;; Click!
ASTRA'S VOICE;; Adelaide Kane (AKA Mary Queen of Scots from Reign).
LRYICS;; Geronimo by Sheppard.

Messages In This Thread
Cobwebs [SNEAK MEETING] [CLOSED] - by Thor - 11-27-2014, 12:57 AM
RE: Cobwebs [SNEAK MEETING] - by Cetan - 11-29-2014, 10:55 PM
RE: Cobwebs [SNEAK MEETING] - by Astraea - 11-30-2014, 02:14 PM
RE: Cobwebs [SNEAK MEETING] - by Thor - 12-10-2014, 01:09 AM
RE: Cobwebs [SNEAK MEETING] - by Cetan - 12-14-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: Cobwebs [SNEAK MEETING] - by Jahzara - 12-19-2014, 03:06 PM
RE: Cobwebs [SNEAK MEETING] - by Astraea - 12-30-2014, 12:28 AM
RE: Cobwebs [SNEAK MEETING] - by Thor - 01-03-2015, 12:57 AM