the Rift

[OPEN] Ascension [Midas]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

For the first time since the death of Vesta, all of the gods gathered in the center of the small town at the peak of the sky island. The sun rose over the winter's horizon, casting glorious orange hues over the plush grasses and tops of ornate tents. Their presence called to the citizens of this great land like a magnet, power resonating throughout Helovia. The God of the Sun stood off to the side, his pelt burning with the same intensity of the rising sun. The God of the Moon was to the other side, her darkness falling from her like black smoke, swirling seductively. The God of the Spark, as always, appeared bored, no powers visible on his person.

But, the God of the Earth strode forward toward Midas, vines and flowers blooming in the wake of his hooves, making the clearing smell of beautiful scents, calming. A proud smile was on his lips, and he exhaled a calm breath, his very nature like a bubbling brook and firmly rooted tree.

"Midas, we are all here to honor you in a way we have only bestowed on those in the ancient days," he said calmly, the rumble in his chest powerful like a rock slide. "You have honored us with your actions, your mortality merely a word as you lead herds and peoples with care and safety. The land knows of your name and your accomplishments, and you come to me with such deference."

The god's green eyes sparkled with joy. "Thus, the Gods of Helovia grant you the title of Ascended so that you may be a leader not only of my land, but of all. You have a choice now, Midas. I difficult one. You can either choose to live as an immortal, a gift given by our united powers, or, you can bless your future children so that your greatness can live on in the future."

"The choice is yours. Congratulations, my friend."

The great god knelt down on one knee before Midas the Gallant, the powerful God of the Earth honoring Midas with a single, awe inspiring gesture.

@[Midas]
Let him post first!

CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Grief was a temporary ordeal, its effects, much like the pain of a wound, wained with the passing of time. Hours, days, weeks. However long it took. Eventually that blank haze began to fade from my sleep deprived eyes. One night it became easier to rest, and waking the next morning wasn't as difficult as the day before. Slowly I became more coherent to the world around me and life buzzed on, seemingly unaltered by recent death.

I rose before the dawn one particularly quiet morning with an unusual urge to travel beyond the valley. Looking through the bare limbs of a tree I caught a glimpse of something silvery pale, glowing faintly in the night. Fina started to stir, after a moment she poked her head out and followed my gaze. The semi luminous shape was none other than little Neve, who was soaring toward us. An impressive bunch of snowberries is trapped inside her right talon. She landed awkwardly, nearly missing the branch. Once steady Neve slide slowly over to were Fina was perched and proudly presented her catch as any young child did when immensely proud of their minor accomplishments.

A smile was teased to life, my first genuine beam in many weeks. Fina cooed softly and gently picked at one proffered berry that Neve was insisting she try. Their talk over food was interrupted by yet another pressing urge, tempting me to travel South. My grin slowly faded, "Come on." Jaw is set to a hard line, but my tone is even and quiet. Both sets of eyes glanced up, one amused and the other blissfully naïve. Shifting out from the shadows I whispered softly, "Let's take leave of this place for a little."

Sun dipped pinions spread wide, the unpleasant cold came rushing toward that empty space; though I hardly felt it. Surging forward, snow and mud got slung behind, a moment later my dirty feet left the ground. Close behind are my companions. Neve was finally old enough to fly unaided, though for her sake I kept our pace slow.

By first light, we'd reached our destination. Sky island. Yar, the tugging got stronger. Upon arrival to our fluttering tent I noted a gathering and all four lords. Their power was a lure, a temptingly strong one that called for all manner of individuals. Mortals are children, what babe would ignore the call of their parents? I came down toward the back, purposely keeping away from everyone else.

All four benevolent beings had come to stand among us; sun, moon, time and earth. My honeyed gaze rose to him, mildly curious as to what this meeting would entail. Small traces of disappointment licked like a tiny flame. Earth, my patron lord. The god of my father. He was looking to me through the crowd. I wanted to ask the wise one, why Seele had to die the way she did. Did my creator know that his chosen colead passed from this world? Did he even care? With great effort those thoughts are pushed aside, they are for another day. When my heart wasn't so weary of sorrow.

Eventually I'd come to realize a truth without his guidance, for it was something I already knew. Death, as all things, was a natural occurrence -- and sometimes it was unpreventable. Nar, but I couldn't hear such wisdom today. Not with her passing still fresh upon my mind. Instead, I turned thoughts to wondering what we'd come for. I assumed this meeting had something to do with the murdered individuals, the ones who lost their lives in a violent manner to forces beyond our comprehension.

Earth began to move through the crowd. I was still hanging in the back, watching quietly. Neve and Fina landed across my rear and three sets of eyes watched as our astral father drew near. My breath unintentionally caught when he paused in front of me. Dark crown tilted up and curiosity gave way to momentary confusion. Earth looked happy... joyful even. My gaze instantly dropped from his light stare, they lowered respectfully as my neck tipped forward into a small bow of reverence.

There was immense, but unspoken gratitude for the calming aura his presence gave off. It slowed my heart and thoughts, which would have otherwise been thundering ahead. Coal lips broke their rigid line, "My lord?" I whispered, unsure of what would follow. He spoke up in a low, calming tone. Shock quickly set in. My eyes shot from the dirt to his massive frame and the mighty horned crown which sat between two of the wisest and gentlest eyes I'd ever come to love.

This heart took off, the sound almost a single sustained note; it felt it would burst through my ribs at any moment. A pent breath came as a soft gasp. He had come to honor...me? They all did. I felt drawn to gaze around at my friends, family and strangers whom were yet unknown to me. Truly, had my existence made such an impact on this world? Was it a better place because I yet drew breath? Those notions seemed impossible.

There was hardly time to think, wide eyes snapped back to him. The full weight of this honor was not just recognition but a title and a chance for immortality? Ebony jaws slipped apart, though not a single useful sound could be pulled from my throat. His massive frame, so similar to that of mountain scape, bowed to the dust; lowered in regard for me. This mind seemed ready to burst. Sudden joy, surprise, astonishment, bittersweet grief and all emotions between. To many feelings for words that could be heard with mortal ears.

"I..." voice broke, thick with lingering shock and uncertainty. "I thank ye," pools rose from him to the crowd and other lords, "all of ye..." Thank you, sounded so pale in comparison to their splendor, "This is... astonishing." No other word could so acutely describe it. Immortality? Blessed children? "Such kind words...I feel inadequate to receive them." What about all the times I'd failed? Sinned against them? Those things didn't seem to matter right now. Immortality, perhaps with the extra time I could truly stand a chance at making a difference in this world. Then there was my prodigy. I thought of Cera, Ranjiri, and Hototo. They were magnificent individuals without the blessings of heaven to give them a head start. Any child could be brilliant, could become a hero. "Father," I uttered softly, "If it pleases ye. I'd have immortality and the time it brings to continue to make a difference. To touch the lives of others for glory and honor in thee name."
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

For One More Day, I'm Not Afraid to Fall

Like a magnet he was drawn from the World's Edge, the land that had become his new home and that he was still, admittedly, settling into, retracing steps that were frequented not too long ago. Something was pulling him forward, encouraging him to return to the Island in the Sky, but he couldn't even fathom what such a thing may be.

Upon his back, claws little pin-pricks of pressure as they dug into his hide to secure purchase, Zola sniffed about, tail flicking to and fro as the black feline tried to assimilate herself to their new surroundings. The frail kitten was growing, but not near as quickly as Apollo would like... But she was healthy, and in the end, he supposed that was all that mattered. Her eyes remained closed, and the Merciful stag had long since accepted that they would never open... But that was alright. He would see for the both of them.

"I don't know what it is, Zola," Apollo murmured softly, honey-brown oculars glancing back at the kitten momentarily, "But I feel as though it is terribly important."

The impressive assembly that they stumbled upon was impossible to miss, and Apollo slowed to a stop, eyes wide as he took in the sights of the four Gods and Goddess of Helovia's creators. They stood there, incredible and unworldly, powerful and captivating, and everything that Apollo respected... Father Earth, Father Sun, Father Spark, and Mistress Moon, all assembled together... But for what? Distressed trickled through his blood for the briefest of moments. Was something wrong? But... No. The look upon the God of the Earth's handsome face was far too gentle, too kind to bode ill news. So, what was going on? Why were they assembled?

For Midas.

With nothing but awe flowing through his veins, the Merciful watched as his winged brother, a brother so precious that they may as well be blood-brothers, became something far greater than he already was. Ascended...? What did that mean? Worry once more blossomed in Apollo's ebony breast. Ascended...? Immediately his thoughts drifted to the heavens, to the ascension of angels and Gods. Were they taking Midas away?

'Oh, please no... Not him. Not my brother. Let him stay! I need him!' But the stallion's fears were incorrect, for that is not what the Gods meant at all when they claimed Midas to 'Ascend'... No, it was an honor, precious and just as worldly as Midas already was. This would make him great, make him incredible, and everything that he already was in Apollo's mind.

Knowing that this was not his time to speak, Apollo simply stood nearby, watching with a growing smile on his boyish face. Immortality. Such a fitting gift... But would it be just a gift? Or a curse, as well? Midas would live on, forever, even as Apollo himself would wither away and die some day, and the thought made him incredibly sad. Still. This was a moment of honors, of congratulations, of reverence and appreciation, and not an event to be dampened by depressive riff-raff.

Through their bond, Apollo could feel Zola's momentary confusion, but it seemed that as the overo watched the unfolding, she began to understand. Through her mind, shapes played out, figures and entities of which she couldn't quite understand... But she knew all was well, this blind kitten, for Apollo was at ease.

"Congratulations, my brother," Apollo whispered, more to himself and to Zola, not wanting to interrupt the conversation between God and Ascended.

ooc: Congratulations, Midas and Angel! <3

For One More Day, We Try to Save it All

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Ghost the Cadaverous Posts: 219
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16hh :: 6 years HP: 67 | Buff: ENDURE
Fantôme :: Grey Wolf :: None imi

Hidden Falls to Sky Island. It was a journey she had made countless times. Why on earth did the Gods think it was a good idea to such an absurd floating mass? It only meant that Ghost had to travel more in order to see to it that her kin where living well and to check on the state of things. Perhaps her thoughts were being lazy, but she grumbled about it all the same as she made each journey by wing, silently glad that her birth defect was now coming in handy. It almost made her laugh to remember the days when she had roamed as an outcast, only just a yearling and how she wished she could rip them from her shoulders. She was even going to ask that strange looking kid with his tiger companion if he could assist, but, much to her good fortunes now, it never happened. The boring looking face of Mauja crept into her thoughts which only made her more amused with herself, was she really going to commit such an act upon her own body in order to be accepted back into his sorry excuse of a family? Nay, fate had been kind that day.

Finally arriving at her destination, Ghost placed her feet firmly on the ground of the lush grasses of the Caela Insula and looked about the unreal place. Winter didn’t touch this bit of land for some reason; it made her feel strange, almost like she was dreaming. It wasn’t natural and her body disagreed, but it was pretty and a welcome respite from the cold down below.

Today on the island, however, had an all-together rather different feel to it. It was nothing like a dark power, to inclination that a hoard of worms might gather and eat her alive. This was more like light. Ghost had never been in the presence of a single God before, let alone the sight of all of all them at once nor what it was like to stand within their presence. For a long time the Cadaverous had led a solitary life and never involved herself with such meaningful beings, though through whisperings and wisdom she knew to respect them all the same.

There to witness the event also was Midas. The stallion that created gold at his feet and spoke in an archaic kind of speech. She had to admit, she had never met another creature quite like the Gallant. There too was another male of a similar monochrome quality though Ghost didn’t know this one, but she joined his side anyway to watch the event unfold.

Ascended. The word resounded through her as she gazed across at the kneeling God in complete awed silence. There was a beautiful kind of power behind the word that almost made her shiver. Had Midas really done so much to warrant such a marvellous title? Apparently he had and the Cadaverous looked upon the Czar with a new kind of respect. Perhaps this was what happened when one touched the lives of many instead of lingering in the background, like she had for so many days of her life. The Gallant took his heavenly rewards with what seemed like shocked words before choosing the path of an eternal life. Impressive. Though after a while she wondered if he would later regret it as his children died before he did. Maybe he was that sort of guy, the one who soldiers on forever, protecting the world from the bad guys at the expense of his own happiness. Or perhaps he hadn’t even thought about it.

Who knew.

When all had died down and there was a moment for her to offer her respect, Ghost dipped her head first to Midas with a soft, kindred smile. ”Congratulations” her silky voice saluted him, not really knowing what else to say after such an extravagant display. After that she offered a deep, polite nod to each God in turn.

ooc; So exctinggg! Congrats Angel <33

We're volcanoes in the night
We're rolling like meteorites
Let the heat of the sun
Reignite your memory
Because if we just turn and run
Let them fire the gun

❚ Force permitted, just don't kill her :3
❚ Please tag me!
❚ Pixel by Nyte

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

Lured from the safe cover of Hidden Falls where she had spent time recuperating and reflecting, Africa found herself travelling in bird form into the south - far closer to her home of old than she might have preferred - drawn helplessly nonetheless. She knew not the destination until the familiar shadow of Sky Island fell across her small, feathery grey body, and with pinning pupils she glanced up towards it holding her breath. Cautiously she landed, prepared for the powder-white platform to gather beneath her long scaly toes, and it did so quickly soon carrying her from the earth, from the frostbitten surface of Helovia into the clear blue sky.

There was not yet the strength in her scrawny frame to make the journey without aide, and without the company of Silas - who had not returned to her since the forest - Africa did not even feel confident enough to try. There were eyes everywhere, she knew, and was relieved that thus far none of those from Dragon’s Throat had discovered her return.

The cloud dissolved beneath her as she arrived en route to the village. The one-winged mare was still not certain the reason for which she had come, but her heart’s burning desire to continue compelled her back into flight. Wings fluttered frantically, lifting her stocky Grey body high above the lush pasture flanking the bustling town – to where few eyes might seek her out, and she swept silently down towards a growing, gathered group. She saw right away that the four Helovian deities were on scene, that Midas too stood by, and they mare hesitated for the briefest of moments as guilt and panic flared through her core.

Carefully she swung nearer to the tent flagged for the Falls and deliberately avoided the familiar sands which marked the gathering point for those of the desert.

Claws fastened around the pitch of the canvas pavilion and curious eyes watched as the God of the Earth stepped from the company of His siblings, towards the Gallant. Flowers more beautiful than even those across this island sprouted in wake of His ethereal stride, and she was entranced, soothed. As He spoke, Africa listened and her softened gaze widened with both surprise and delight – she could think of none other more deserving of such honour, and was humbled beyond words. Ascended... her mind repeated thoughtfully and she smiled within (hard beak could not portray such glee) as the God of the Earth congratulated His friend...

The God lowered across one bent knee, and solemnly and respectfully Africa’s eyes closed, her small parrot body dipping across the roof of the tent to salute the Gallant, and his Lord. In turn the Ascended spoke, gushing with astonishment, and the one-winged mare laughed softly and affectionately – he was more than worthy. She was not near enough to hear the full answer he gave, but minded little because such a gift as that which had been offered to him was in truth, none of her business. “Congratulations dearest one... Ascended.” She whispered softly to the breeze alone so that she would not interrupt the ceremony. Her heart felt light, giddy, and the gaze which fell upon Midas was filled with adoration.

(Liquid time right here >.< Congratulations Angel and Midas <3)

Image Credits

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

The God of the Earth was pleased that so many close friends to Midas appeared. The crowd that gathered was not gawking, jealous or prideful - they were genuinely pleased that their leader, friend and possibly lover were given a well deserved honor. He smiled at them all, gladdened by their selfless hearts. Voluminous black mane tumbled over his great neck, the ends beginning to turn the faintest hint of green, calling Birdsong to Helovia.

Midas gave his answer, wanting to spend his life of immortality to serve, and the Earth God learned much about his personality by his choice. The Gallant was ever living in the present, not looking to the future. Neither was right or wrong, just interesting. The God smiled, nodding. He would be glad to bring his friend into the fold of forever, to never age and never die unless a fatal wound brought him down.

"Then it is with great honor that I give you a piece of our power, Midas," he hummed. "You are immortal." A waterfall rose from Midas's hooves, engulfing him with the metaphorical holy liquid. And, he emerged, dry, perfectly clean and infused with the god's ascended magic. The God of the Earth looked to the others now. "Thank you all for coming here and celebrating with Midas," he rumbled, deeply.

"For your presence, I grant you each an amulet of the eath, to protect those you love."

CREDITS
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Like my audience of family and friends, I'd momentarily thought about the heavy consequence which naturally came from living forever; yar, but tis the temptation to make a lasting change, be a foot soldier for our fight and for Earth that won over. Still, tis overwhelming to my nature, the notion of lasting beyond the length of a moral lifespan. Not a god, not mortal. I could use this extra time to help make Helovia splendid, more so than she already was. Perhaps rid our beautiful land of its plaguing darkness.

These are all ideals, naive perhaps. Yar, but remember, I'm still young to this world.

Earth is gracious, he makes no disapproving remark. Instead a warm smile meets my hesitant gaze as he calls upon a cool liquid to bubble beneath me. Ivory forelimbs tremble, tingling as a fresh spring rises to shower this flesh in a warm tide. Restoring. Just as my armor had once been bathed in a similar flow, so was I dipped in those life granting waters.

Fina snarled, hissing as the droplets came tumbling down in a sheet of foamy bluish white. Neve looked up, wide eyed and awestruck. There are few things that irk a phoenix more than getting drenched. My companions wouldn't get to complain for more than a moment, just as quickly as this miracle began, that holy power was placed back on a tight chain seconds later. I grinned, a genuine smile that is bright and full of endearment. Such a beam took years from me, made my features appear less like an old stag and more like a stallion in the prime of his life. My fur somehow emerges free of clinging moisture. Locks of silken mane and tail are smooth, unmarred by tangle or bur. Sleek patchwork coat ripples when my honed muscles flex. I took a step forward, testing this newfound energy which is coursing like a steady pulse. Fina is panting, relived and slightly surprised to have emerged dry.

Congratulations was being whispered among them, honeyed eyes turned to them. My brothers and sisters.
Our colours come alive when I collide with you
with you, with you
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]