the Rift

[OPEN] Ascension [Midas]

Apollo the Merciful Posts: 251
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.3 :: 11 HP: 63.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zola :: Black Cat :: None Sparrow

For One More Day, I'm Not Afraid to Fall

Like a magnet he was drawn from the World's Edge, the land that had become his new home and that he was still, admittedly, settling into, retracing steps that were frequented not too long ago. Something was pulling him forward, encouraging him to return to the Island in the Sky, but he couldn't even fathom what such a thing may be.

Upon his back, claws little pin-pricks of pressure as they dug into his hide to secure purchase, Zola sniffed about, tail flicking to and fro as the black feline tried to assimilate herself to their new surroundings. The frail kitten was growing, but not near as quickly as Apollo would like... But she was healthy, and in the end, he supposed that was all that mattered. Her eyes remained closed, and the Merciful stag had long since accepted that they would never open... But that was alright. He would see for the both of them.

"I don't know what it is, Zola," Apollo murmured softly, honey-brown oculars glancing back at the kitten momentarily, "But I feel as though it is terribly important."

The impressive assembly that they stumbled upon was impossible to miss, and Apollo slowed to a stop, eyes wide as he took in the sights of the four Gods and Goddess of Helovia's creators. They stood there, incredible and unworldly, powerful and captivating, and everything that Apollo respected... Father Earth, Father Sun, Father Spark, and Mistress Moon, all assembled together... But for what? Distressed trickled through his blood for the briefest of moments. Was something wrong? But... No. The look upon the God of the Earth's handsome face was far too gentle, too kind to bode ill news. So, what was going on? Why were they assembled?

For Midas.

With nothing but awe flowing through his veins, the Merciful watched as his winged brother, a brother so precious that they may as well be blood-brothers, became something far greater than he already was. Ascended...? What did that mean? Worry once more blossomed in Apollo's ebony breast. Ascended...? Immediately his thoughts drifted to the heavens, to the ascension of angels and Gods. Were they taking Midas away?

'Oh, please no... Not him. Not my brother. Let him stay! I need him!' But the stallion's fears were incorrect, for that is not what the Gods meant at all when they claimed Midas to 'Ascend'... No, it was an honor, precious and just as worldly as Midas already was. This would make him great, make him incredible, and everything that he already was in Apollo's mind.

Knowing that this was not his time to speak, Apollo simply stood nearby, watching with a growing smile on his boyish face. Immortality. Such a fitting gift... But would it be just a gift? Or a curse, as well? Midas would live on, forever, even as Apollo himself would wither away and die some day, and the thought made him incredibly sad. Still. This was a moment of honors, of congratulations, of reverence and appreciation, and not an event to be dampened by depressive riff-raff.

Through their bond, Apollo could feel Zola's momentary confusion, but it seemed that as the overo watched the unfolding, she began to understand. Through her mind, shapes played out, figures and entities of which she couldn't quite understand... But she knew all was well, this blind kitten, for Apollo was at ease.

"Congratulations, my brother," Apollo whispered, more to himself and to Zola, not wanting to interrupt the conversation between God and Ascended.

ooc: Congratulations, Midas and Angel! <3

For One More Day, We Try to Save it All

I Just Want You To Know Who I Am

Please Tag Apollo in All Posts!

Messages In This Thread
Ascension [Midas] - by God of the Earth - 11-27-2014, 12:27 PM
RE: Ascension [Midas] - by Midas - 11-27-2014, 11:49 PM
RE: Ascension [Midas] - by Apollo - 11-28-2014, 11:31 AM
RE: Ascension [Midas] - by Ghost - 11-28-2014, 07:48 PM
RE: Ascension [Midas] - by Africa - 12-02-2014, 12:05 AM
RE: Ascension [Midas] - by God of the Earth - 12-07-2014, 02:08 PM
RE: Ascension [Midas] - by Midas - 12-08-2014, 04:53 PM