[PRIVATE] Hallowing Souls
Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
GAUCHO
& if we should die tonight then we should all die together
Where was everyone? Ampere had been scarce, Andromeda, Onni, Sohalia. Then there was Aurelia. The last he had seen her was in their tousle just outside of the Threshold when first he had returned to Helovia. Part of him felt guilt at having attacked one of his own. Then again, the girl should have known better. It was not her first encounter, nor spar with the Wildfire, and she was foolish to have provoked him in such a way that encouraged physical retaliation.

He probably shouldn't have attacked her... But it was not in Gaucho's nature to feel guilt or rethink past decisions. He had done it and the past could not be changed. There was no more to discuss. If his flock hadn't been slowly disappearing (and turning up murdered as in the case of Phaedra and Vesta), he might have not even though of the golden girl. But there was the matter of the phantom from the Basin sneaking around, following Tandavi that weighed heavily on his mind. Perhaps they were still to blame? He knew that Oxy, Elsa and Cera suspected someone from within the Throat given the sand found on one of the bodies but ... he couldn't shake the feeling that the perpetrator was from the Basin especially given their past history.

And so Gaucho ventured North. He only made it to the Meadow before landing for a break. The air was cold which made gliding for long distances tiresome, not to mention a cramp had formed on his side. With a grunt, Gaucho's skimmed the meadow. Fire erupted from his wings causing the snow to melt and clearing a path to land. No need to touch down in 2 feet deep snow, not with the magic of the Sun God all around him. Dark hooves landed upon frigid grasses as Gaucho folded his flaming wings to his flanks. His stormy gaze surveyed the area looking for signs of life. With a grunt, he focused on a lighter figure in the distance. His antlered skull rose as he tried to discern whether it was some creature, or one of his kin.

"Who there?" He called boldly, striding forwards. As he did so, another arch of flames was released from his wings clearing the area before him in an arch of 30 feet.

@[Aurelia]

Table style by Tamme!
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Aurelia Posts: 307
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.2hh :: 7 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
baylee

The dark dot in the sky erupted into fiery glory as it neared the ground. I could see the white melt away from the orange inferno created by a horse that could only be Gaucho. I approached cautiously, timidly stepping towards him. Would he attack me once more? This time, would I even survive? I hated him, even the idea of him. I was the fiery one. Gaucho has no right to take one of the two reasons I live away from me. My other reason being my love, Destry. Both fire and Destry were and will be mine. I won't let some cave horse strip me of either.

I was here first, not him. He calls out to me, but I've just gotten close enough that he should clearly see me now. He lets out another spray of fire, melting away most of the white. All that was between us, was grass. I halted, still in the snow. I was not going to step on his grass, not any grass. "Clearly, I am no one worthy of your remembrance." My ears slam back against my neck. I feel the weight of responsibility tugging at my shoulder. I knew I couldn't-- wouldn't get into another fight with this donkey. He was the one ass that I could never beat. I sighed softly, gaze shifting away from Gaucho. My wings hung loosely at my sides. My ears erected themselves once again. There was one sad truth about this situation. I'd rather be with Rostislav than this Neanderthal, and I very very very strongly dislike him (also known as: I hate him.) I've had enough of the snow and idiots, I did just spend a few weeks as a prisoner in the Basin...

There are too many emotions for even me to handle. "I think I should leave," I stated calmly. I had a mission to find Destry. Unless Gaucho actually wants to talk to me... I'm out.

ooc:; >.< omg she's a teenager again.
Image Credits

Success isn't the result of spontaneous combustion.

Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO
Aurelia.

As the pale girl came into view, Gaucho noted not for the first time how she had grown. Developed. He let his eyes trace her body that was no longer pristine, at least, not the way it had been when she was younger. It now showed muscle, signs of love and hatred, it showed experience. In his antlers Mara hissed gently, looking for the copper snake companion she had seen previously, but finding none. Concern welled up in her endlessly deep black gaze as she communicated this information to Gaucho. The Wildfire could only imagine what losing a companion would do to the the soul. Did that explain her behavior now? Mara wasn't convinced. The edge and tone of her voice suggested that it was something more ... personal that set her words on fire.

"Aurelia." He stated, simply and clearly, his voice easily drifting over the frigid fields to her. "Gaucho not remember before. Sun God restore memories - remember now. Remember Aurelia." It wasn't a wonderful explanation, but it was one nonetheless. The Wildfire was unsure if the golden child even deserved an explanation from him, but it didn't matter. It was easy enough to give, and she was part of his flock, his herd, his family.

"You miss herd meeting." Gaucho reprimanded, although softly. He could tell that she was upset with him, but the motivation for her emotion was still lost upon him. Still, it did not excuse her from missing the meeting that he and Sohalia called. Much was discussed, much that Aurelia missed. What reasoning did she have? Where had she been? Of course he knew nothing of the events that led to her capture in the Basin, knew nothing of her relationship with Destry (although he could only really care about the former). So he asked the million dollar question, the question on everyone's minds: "Where have you been?"

Table style by Tamme!

baylee

He began explaining why he had forgotten and how he remembered now, but there was something the Wildfire wasn't catching on to. I just don't have enough energy nor mental capacity to care anymore. I was always on the verge of insanity, one blurry line from being crazy. It is strange not really knowing who I am, or whom I'm to become. The only thing keeping me here was his voice. Gaucho's voice. It's how I knew I wasn't just some invisible soul, easily blown away. Though I was still angry, my fury lessened with his explanation, my face visibly more relaxed. "No one ever wants to remember Aurelia. I've caused too much pain to want to be remembered." I thought of the Edge. They all hate me, the psychotic ex-seer. Africa only remembers me by my actions as a yearling. Yet, the worst thing yet is not knowing if I can ever get their forgiveness back. Will they hate me forever?

The quiet was cut short with Gaucho scolding me. What herd meeting? I am not in Gaucho's herd. I'm not in any herd... Did Africa let me in without me even knowing? When did I become part of a herd? What herd am I even in? "I missed the herd meeting?" It was both, a correction for his horrible grammar and a question. Had I missed important information? I could catch up on that later, I guess.. For now, my brain focused on one thought. I finally had a home. Was it with Destry? I guess we would see later!

"Where have you been?" "I was held captive in the Basin. They had learnt of my actions and proceeded to challenge me. And I've been captive until now." Yes, my first taste of freedom has been infected by Gaucho-- whom I'm still angry with. "I think I deserve to know where you have been. Good job not knowing a fellow herd-mate was missing." ...And there goes the chance of me actually being kind. My voice is sarcastic, yet stern. I want an explanation and will answer no further question until one is given.

"talktalk" ooc: she's kinda weird.. sorry. I haven't actually written her in a while xc
Image Credits

[/quote]

Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO
Aurelia.

As her emotions dance across her face, Gaucho frowns. Such things are hard for him to discern or understand, and they always seem to be more complicated when it came to Aurelia. The golden child was always filled with a fire that seemed to burn through her emotional range with a white hot unpredictable blaze. As she spoke, Gaucho's ears flickered uncertainly. He hadn't said anything about not wanting to remember her, simply that he hadn't. He couldn't understand why she was taking it personally, although Mara suggested that her anger might not necessarily be completed directed at him. But if it had nothing to do with him, why was it even partially directed at him in the first place? Gaucho, who was good at compartmentalizing his thoughts was confused by her behaviour, and so chose to remain silent.

He was about to respond to her question of having missed the herd meeting, but she continued before he had the chance. A prisoner of the Basin? The flames that lined Gaucho's wings burned brightly and grew in length for a moment as fury flashed through his chiseled chest. Had she escaped? Or had they let her go? She didn't appear injured, but given that none of the Basin possessed wings (or at least Gaucho was under the impression that they didn't) she could likely have flown away.

"Gaucho have been here." Then, realizing he didn't literally mean here, grunted and shook his blocky skull. "Been in Throat. Gaucho on quest from Sun God - " He voice trailed off as his gaze grew stern. He didn't appreciate the tone of her voice, recent escapee or not. "Aurelia never stay in one place long-" He snarled, although it was unclear if this was supposed to be meant as an insult or a compliment. "Why think Aurelia is missing when you disappear many times before?". He drew himself up to his full height, staring down at her with an ambiguous look of amusement in his stern gaze. "Gaucho thought Aurelia was a warrior. Gaucho didn't think she needed a baby-sitter."

Either she could own up to having gotten captured on her own, or she could continue to blame him for not noticing that she was gone an accept the fact that she needed to be watched. She couldn't have it both ways. Take responsibility for her actions or continue to act like a child.

Table style by Tamme!

baylee

Silence was all I was granted at first. I quickly thought of what I was doing. Pissing Gaucho off once was enough, I'd be foolish to do it again. However, has anyone really thought me not foolish? The silence was filled with the crackling of fire radiating off of Gaucho. Was he truly surprised and angry about this? I'd always enjoyed danger and the rush that came with it. The smell of smoke clogged my lungs, and I was saddened by the fact that my own flames weren't burning. I hadn't used my ability for months now. I hadn't used it in the Basin and I wouldn't now. Fire- it was no longer my thing. It was Gaucho's now, and I'd just have to learn to accept it.

He began explaining himself, but grew silent upon realizing how she was being rude. Then, he began his accusations. "Aurelia never stay in one place long-" How did he know this? I'd only left the Throat once. Had he heard of my short stay in the Edge? No matter if he had heard of it or not, I thought it wasn't his place to call me out on this. Gaucho had disappeared too. He continued by asking how he was supposed to know I was missing when I had disappeared so many times. Was this how everyone felt? I had always thought there was a big difference between missing and leaving, but Gaucho didn't think so. My gaze fell to the snow and I thought.

He continued, and I looked at him, both surprised and angry to see him standing so tall. His gaze was stern, but he had crossed a line. My own eyes were stern as I looked at him. Though my face conveyed my anger through expressions, I let out a defeated laugh. Everyone always thought wrong. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to say. "Sorry," I whispered. I wouldn't win this fight. Not now, not ever. Was it clear now that fighting wasn't my forte? I'd always sucked at it.

"talktalk"
Image Credits

Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO
Whatever thoughts tumbled through her mind were lost upon Gaucho. Reading facial expressions was not his forte, at least, not when they didn't display rage or lust. In this case whatever anger the golden girl felt towards Gaucho was far too complex for him to recognize. He knew vaguely of her time in the Edge, but most of his disgruntled thoughts towards her had to do with her time spent in the Throat. How little she was around, how little she contributed. Perhaps it bothered him so because she was capable of so much. She could be one of his warriors, a crafter, a builder ... were it not for her recent capture he would have said spy first, but perhaps she still could. Looking at her now, awash in facial expressions and then finally dipping her nose towards the snow, Gaucho felt only disappointment in the girl who had once burned with a fire nearly as bright and hot as his.

She could do so much. Why was she choosing to do this? To be this?

Gaucho took her silence as a sign of submission, and grunted in response to her apology. He didn't want an apology, he wanted answers."Not okay that Basin take you." He began, his voice a low rumble as his thoughts turned towards the herd of unicorns who had not for the first time threatened his herd. "Why they challenge you?"

In his mind his conversation with the Sun God was becoming more and more forceful. He needed a way to protect his home. He had seen one of their spies lurking about, and now Aurelia had been taken prisoner. Was there no end to their aggression? But what would the Throat do in response?

Table style by Tamme!

baylee

A grunt. It was all she ever got. She wasn't worthy of anything more, right? Huh, no wonder she was down. All the blockhead thought of was war. Not everything was about war. In fact, it was an outrage that he centered everything about war. And it was almost as if he wanted her to worship him. He stated his disapproval of them capturing her, and she offered her an awkward horse shrug. In fact, it was more of an awkward twitch, but hopefully he would get the point.

"They challenged me because I was at their borders.I wanted information so I went. In fact, they aren't that hostile. There was no fight when I flew off, and they had not even placed me in their prison." These were the cold, hard, facts. She had not left any details out and had not lied. Gaucho could do whatever he wanted with those facts, interpret them how he wants, whatever but she had said everything.

Herd life. It had never suited her, not once. Now she wondered... Should she leave? Was that an option? She was always built up, praised, honored, as she did something good. So much that when a higher tier spot opened up, she always thought she could be the lucky one. But she'd never really been chosen-- not by being herself. In the Edge, she pretended to be happy. She sucked up. She did the whole nine yards, and it had gotten her where she wanted. Would she be forced to be the ever-happy, always willing, Aurelia she once was?

Her thoughts drifted to her challenge with Deodat. She had not even fought back. Would Gaucho be angry by this? "I didn't fight back when they challenged me..." sh admitted half-heartedly. "The last time there was a challenge, I lost my companion, my bond, my soul, everything. Now I'm a broken vase, only fragments are left. My fire, it's gone. I do not know where the kärlek of my life is, and I don't have direction. Yet you... you expect me to be some perfect member of the herd that you changed for your benefit? I won't be your puppet. If you don't want to watch over me, then kick me out, for heavens sake!" He would probably not understand her language, just as she doesn't understand his. Her voice roared with fury. Her head had lifted from the snow and she tried to stand equally as tall as him (which couldn't happen due to the size difference). This was the problem, Gaucho wouldn't let anyone stand as high as him. She figured he thought no one deserved to be equal with him.

"talktalk"
Image Credits

Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO
A look of confusion has washed across his features as Aurelia began speaking once again. She wanted information? Surely Sohalia hadn't given the order for such a thing? It didn't make any sense. It wasn't during Aurelia's patrol that she was sent North so why was she there? What information was it that she wanted to gather? He had not been Sultan at the time and so could not say for certain ... but it sounded like Aurelia had disobeyed orders, or at the very least gone behind the back of her leaders, to simply do whatever the fuck she wanted.

As she spoke of her dead companion Gaucho softened ever so slightly but only for a moment. The anger that flared within her caused the sympathy to disappear from his stormy gaze immediately. His ears moved backwards, laying flat against his skull as she accused him of changing the Throat. What changes did she speak of? She'd been gone - held captive - during his entire reign. And what of being a puppet? When had he ever ordered Aurelia to do anything? Had she even been a part of the Throat the last time he was Sultan? He couldn't recall, although if she had she had been too young for him to have ordered her into service. His thoughts flickered to their time seasons past, when Aurelia had been young, calling for Gaucho to chase her as she stumbled into the skies on wings that had only just learned how to carry her. How had she become this? So jaded, hurling accusations that made no sense? The only thing he had

"Enough!" He snarled, flaming wings shooting from his sides in response to her heightened stance. "Gaucho not expect you to be perfect. Just expect you to be part of our family." Through gritted teeth he glared down upon her, annoyed with just how ignorant she was being.

How could she even suggest he didn't want to protect her? Protection was all he wanted, for all of them. But he couldn't protect her when she disobeyed orders - couldn't protect her if he didn't know where she was. When had she lost faith in him? Was it the death of her companion? Had he done something to deserve this?

[I'm confused, Aurelia doesn't know about any of the changes Gaucho is making or even that he's Sultan again?]

Table style by Tamme!