[OPEN] Colorblind

Ryuu Posts: 28
Outcast
Colt :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 1 Year
Mali :: Rough Collie :: None Brit
 ranjiri & ryuu

so while you're outside looking in, describing what you see
remember what you're looking at is me

I feel foolish, my reckless anger and distress was sure to only further disappoint momma. It would surely take long, painful days of healing before my hooves would return to their previous, though no less broken state. I'd let her down, when she had finally started to believe that maybe I could learn to live with my disability. I could already hear her saddened, understanding sigh, see the dark shadows in her eyes. How could that image not have stopped me before my reckless flight? I huddled in on myself, the cold making me shiver and quake helplessly. I was too small, too frail for the freezing temperatures of the desert in winter. Especially with how young I was, how little food I was able to ingest with the flaws of my hooves. Momma's wings were all that kept me warm at night, and as my muscles began to spasm angrily against me I huffed my breath futilely against my flank. My horns were cold on the arch of my hip, but they warmed slowly at the contact. I felt more alone and defeated than before. What had I possibly achieved? I had been so angry, so hurt. Yet all I'd done in the end was made myself even more useless.

"R-Ryuu?"

The stutter of my name was unfamiliar, but it whispered through the cobwebs of my old, faded memories. Even still I lifted my head on instinct, recognizing the syllables of my title. I glanced around until I found them, a stranger with an eerie familiarity. Discomfort clawed at my insides, panic seeping in. Why couldn't I remember her? But why was she so familiar? My little chest quaked and paced faster with the fluttering of my breaths. Something told me...told me...I couldn't pin it down. No, get away! I snorted softly, wary and uncertain.

Her tears made me uncomfortable, part of me wanting to comfort her and the other too scared to try. I gave a sob of pain as my forehooves were placed upon the sands, struggling to lift my body even as it felt like I was walking on redhot coals. I simply couldn't, but I had to. By the time I was standing my cheeks were sopping wet with tears, eyes squinted with pain. I couldn't tear my gaze away from the stranger, who unsettled me so much.

It couldn't be helped, and just as I'd crashed headlong on the sands I sank pathetically back down to them. I felt bare and vulnerable beneath this mare's gaze, felt like I should force myself to stand even if it killed me. Why was I so afraid? Why was my heart trying to print itself into my ribs? She was a herd member, surely she wouldn't hurt me?

"W-Who are you? How do you know my name?" I tried so hard to be brave, to keep the waver out of my voice but I failed. It cracked and shook, and I stared quietly at her wetted cheeks. Glancing around, I realized how alone I was. How vulnerable. I couldn't stand, I couldn't run. I was nowhere near the Oasis, which was frequented by other members. But surely momma wasn't too far? Surely...surely she could hear me? And suddenly I needed her. I needed her there with me, because my head was starting to hurt and this familiar stranger was making my pulse race so fast it was starting to make me dizzy.

"Momma!" I yelled as loud as I could, lungs squeezed with the force, because unlike Annie those were perfectly fine. I glanced fearfully back at the silent, crying angel. "MOMMA!" My eyes began to tear up once more. I was hurting and scared, and I just wanted her to come and make everything better. She always made things better.

Credits

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Colorblind - by Ryuu - 11-28-2014, 02:09 AM
RE: Colorblind - by Aurelia - 11-28-2014, 11:32 AM
RE: Colorblind - by Ryuu - 11-29-2014, 01:27 AM
RE: Colorblind - by Ranjiri - 11-29-2014, 01:54 AM
RE: Colorblind - by Aurelia - 12-19-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Colorblind - by Ryuu - 12-21-2014, 01:07 AM
RE: Colorblind - by Ranjiri - 12-23-2014, 09:49 PM
RE: Colorblind - by Aurelia - 12-23-2014, 10:34 PM
RE: Colorblind - by Ryuu - 01-07-2015, 07:30 PM
RE: Colorblind - by Alija - 01-10-2015, 09:05 PM