the Rift

[OPEN] The Only Thing to Fear [Abraham]

Vincent Posts: 32
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow
Drip, drop, drip...

A simple cadence, a soothing lullaby, licking away the sting that seemed to have rotted its way into his cranium, drilling and worming its way into the delicate recesses of his equally delicate mind. A distant, steady roar could be heard in the distance from ther larger room with the waterfalls, echoing through the twists and turns of the elaborate network of caverns, but it had since become white noise to him. The large beast, a hulking mass of huddled, fearful, ebony, with lengthy tendrils of shadowed mane and tail furled and knotted, lay pressed against the stone wall, feather riddled pillars tucked as close to his person as he could possibly get them without sucking his very own legs into his undercarriage.

... Drip...

He was awake, counscious, but not there, not in his head as he should have been. How long had he been there? How long had he been huddled in the safety of the Sunken Falls, hidden away from the dangers of the world, and from... From her? Molten gold oculars stared downcast in a daze, dully tracing patterns only he could distinguish in the dirt, dust coating nearly every inch of his impressive size. It was testament as to how long he had been down there, hidden from view, from those who may be searching for him, slowly losing his mind to whatever demon kept dripping nearby. Slowly letting his mind be lost, letting it shrivel and break off in large chunks... Maybe, soon, the chunks would become larger, and he would forget.

Maybe, the cave that had been protecting him would crumble around his very ears and bury him alive. A silent grave. How very befitting.

A powerful snort worked its way from Vincent's nostrils, the force of it sending tremors through the brute's frame, rattling bones that were capable of crushing others, yet not strong enough to push him upright. Terror had exhausted him, pushed him past the precipice of sanity, leaving his mind in a daft, shallow, and sluggish state. He was so tired... So very, very tired.

Tired...

Tired of fear, of panic, of that terrible, looming demon that lived over his shoulders, the demon that promised death, pain, suffering, salvation. Vincent was tired of the silence, the loneliness, the unknowing, the waiting... Death would come, and it would come soon. He was certain. Death would arrive, a large shadow, a silent assassin, and when he looked upon his killer, Vincent was terrified to know that he would see only himself. Archibald...

The hulking beast lay still as death, and the only signs of life were the steady expansion and deflation of his sides as his lungs worked on their own, oblivious to his plight and yearning for death. If only they would stop... Death would come so swiftly, and it wouldn't be something to fear.

Drip... Drip...

@[Abraham]

swimming through the ashes
reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.
I prayed my mind be good to me.

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
Tears on the mausoleum floor
Blood stains the coliseum doors

Abraham, child of darkness, brother of sin, hellion prince, had not been to the caves for many seasons. However, his wombmate called him to action, and as he shared Reginald's blood he would also share in his glory. Therefore, Abraham searched. He moved through the lands of Helovia a careful beast. He brought no hellfire with him as he and the white dragon traveled. No, Abraham decided to be a passive beast until a suspect was acquired. The power that gods feared would be his and Reginald's to use, and Abraham would find and seize whoever held it.

Carefully, the boy and his dragon descended to the caves. This was surely a place of solace for one looking to stay out of the eye of Helovia. Even powerful murderers could be capable of cowardice, and hiding was a factor of that cowardice. Gwyneverre glided through the caverns before Abraham, sending the darkling prince images of empty caves that he need not spare his time in searching. Her draconian eyes were far more adept to search this darkness, and he would rely on her strengths to balance his own. This was the perfect partnership he had learned ounces of by watching Archibald and Loretta. The Dauntless and his bitch were the epitome of the bond two beasts could hold, and the prince and his serpent were surely rising to that same pedestal.

Gwyneverre, just a few yards before the trotting draft, sent an image of a monstrous black figure, and she trilled smally, and Abraham moved his body in a more determined fashion. Together, the beast and his serpent closed the distance between them and the behemoth, and Abraham snarled through the darkness. "Deceiver, face-stealer, Vincent." Abraham's voice was a dark hiss, inky black despite the moonlit ties that held his amulets in place. "Who are you?" Abraham wondered if, for a second, he resembled his father in this intimidating charge. Standing square in front of the black slab of muscle, Abraham snorted and Gwyneverre rested on his poll, gripping his twin horns and letting dark smoke pool from her lips. Abraham sent his reptile images of his last meeting with his stallion, when she was but an egg, and the girl hissed, tail lashing.

@[Vincent]

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme

Outcast
He was high with despair, drunk with melancholy, lost in a numb sort of fear and sadness that had settled heavily upon his heart like a weighted yoke laid around his thick neck and about his broad shoulders, holding him down and pinning him to the stone earth like a wolf delivering the final kill to its prey. So lost in the recesses of his own mind, sinking and drowning and dying so very, very slowly, Vincent's ears did not pick up the softly trilled beckon from the dragon, nor did he realize that his hiding spot from the rest of the world had spoiled and expired until that voice... That voice shook him to his core.

'Deceiver, face-stealer, Vincent.'

Terror unlike anything he had ever felt laced through his body, starting at his heart and spreading like wildfire, like acid through his extremities, lycing through his bloodstream like a hot knife and cutting his flesh away, ripping and hacking at his hulking frame until nothing but his panic, his fear, his anxiety would remain, laid barren and exposed for his would-be murderer.

Molten golden orbs, wide and panicked, rolled upwards to land upon the solid, dark form of his killer, his torturer, the white of his eyes showing and displaying terror unlike any other, and the rune that marred his right eye began to glow with bright, terrifying ferocity that mimicked the extreme emotion he felt inside. Recognition did not worm its way into his cracked cranium, so wrought with panic and fear, so Vincent did not know that he had met this draft youth before in the Threshold... No. This darkling prince was the bringer of his demise, the demon he had been hiding from, the Reaper that She had sent to collect his debts, his failures to appease, to be a good son.

In his blind panic, in his turmoil and terror and heart-stopping fear, Vincent could only see his brother, his dear twin, Archibald standing above him, over him, looming like an identical shadow sent to bring his head back to Her like a trophy.

"N-no!" He bellowed in profound stutters, hooves scrabbling to find purchase upon the slick rock, limbs flailing and legs pushing his massive, hulking frame closer to the cave wall, huddling like a terrified colt and cowering from this young demon, massive skull low to the ground, ears pinned, sides heaving and a sweat matting his dusty black coat. "I d-d-didn't, I'm n-not! I-I... V-Vincent!" The terror laced his vocals, high-pitched in strain and horror, sounding nothing like his usual low baritone. "A-A-Archibald, I didn't, I'm not!"

@[Abraham] <333

reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
Tears on the mausoleum floor
Blood stains the coliseum doors

The thrill that Abraham felt making this monstrous beast cower at his mere presence stimulated a shake of pleasure and malice to run down his spine. His eyes swam over the behemoth form, watching it shake with misery and fear. His dragon woman continued to let deep, dark clouds of smoke to billow from her parted jaws, before, finally, she swung from his poll. Her screech was loud, like a raptor coming down on its prey. Her inside wing dipped as she circled, aiming to glide behind the face-stealer's rump. Taking in a deep breath, the dragon expelled her disastrous flame. The cave was instantly alight with her white fire, the intense, burning flames licking against the smooth, stone walls. The moisture that clung to the air around them and the to walls alike evaporated into nothingness. Gwyneverre steered above Vincent, painting the walls above his head with her pale, pure flame. Abraham felt the heat even from where he stood, and he danced to the side. The movement was one of the first his mother had taught him about battle, and her training rang through with the lowering of his horn some.

The son of hellion could not contain his malevolent glee, however, and a deep, rumbling howl of laughter erupted from the depths of his belly. The crowned prince tossed his head, his thick, inky mane flying wildly as his forelock twisted around his twin weapons. "Archibald the Dauntless is but and ember--I am his flame! I am Abraham, devourer of worlds, conqueror of nations, undertaker and Leviathan!" the title seeped from his mouth like molasses, and it was sweet on his tongue. In this moment of glory, with his draconian bitch devouring this weakling in her power and making him move and bend to his will, Abraham named himself.

Stopping her fire from blasting from her jaws, Gwyneverre screeched again, wings beating hard as she backpedaled. She threw her bottom underneath her, back claws extending to aim for the face-stealer's croup. "Now--MOVE!" Abraham's teeth gnashed as he danced again, waiting for Vincent to decide his fate. Would he run for the entrance? Break into the daylight above and attempt to flee this demonic prince? Or would he press his body into the cave walls and torture himself with the intense heat from the berating of the dragon's fire?

Whatever it be, Abraham was ready.

@[Vincent]

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme

Outcast
Dread. Panic. Horror. The stuff of nightmares, really. The stuff of promises, of rewards, should he fail. Should he not be a good son. Demons and devils, killers and swindlers, they were all after him, and this child... This child! This demon-prince, this... This Leviathan. He led them all.

The Shire's heart beat wildly within his massive, sweating breast, beads of terror-driven perspiration dripping and running down his colossal, dusty black form. The whites of the stallion's eyes were barely visible beneath the glowing embers of intense golden emotion, of intense despair and abhorrence.

When would it end?!

"NO!"

A scream, high pitched and twisted like a victim, a dying scream of the damned, driven by fear. By terror. By hopelessness and by demons.

"S-S-STAY AWAY!"

Sharp bellows of inconceivable horror escape the giant's guffawing maw, and it was with the alabaster dragon's actions that sent the behemoth into motion. Flames and sharp diamonds. Sharp claws raked the ebonite giant's croup, pulling tufts of ebony hair and scratching the skin beneath, and in a speed that was both surprising and terribly blundering, Vincent pushed himself up onto quivering pillars of bone and flesh, and suddenly the cave seemed far too small. Breaths came in large, hiccuping, half-swallows that couldn't hope to fit all of his frame.

Out. Out. GET OUT! His mind screamed for release, for freedom from this monster, for retribution and salvation from his fears... But not by him. Not by Him!

Ducking his massive head close to his equal-sized chest, Vincent pushed away from the dry, cracking earth, hooves slipping and sliding on the cobblestone-like grounding. He abandoned his nook of hiding, driven out by this soul-stealer, and ran. Through his mad-dash to escape this demon-prince, Vincent's considerable bulk slipped and slide, surely crowding the said youth, but that concern was gone, replaced by heart-stopping, mind-numbing terror.

Run. Run. Run!

A litany replayed itself over and over in his head, the words screaming and demanding and willing him to run... And the voice, surprisingly, did not sound like 'Her', but of 'Him'. Of Archibald.

... Do you love me, brother?

Through the caves he ran, slipping, sliding, and running into sides of the cave wall in such crude ways surely the Gods themselves would be offended. Driven by madness, by terror, by the demon, darkling-prince and his homicidal dragon, Vincent left his cave of hiding and burst forth into daylight, the sharp sting of the sun in the sky burning his eyes and forcing them shut. Still, despite his blindness from the intense, merciless light, the ebony draft did not stop. Sweat clung to his frame, stinging his eyes, maw agape and sucking in large breaths of air... And still.

He ran.

@[Abraham]

ooc: Sorry this is late, Time. <3 Not sure if you wanted Abraham to follow, but... xD

reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.