the Rift

[OPEN] The Only Thing to Fear [Abraham]

Vincent Posts: 32
Outcast
Stallion :: Equine :: 19.0 :: 10 Buff: NOVICE
Claribel :: Irish Wolfhound :: None Sparrow
Dread. Panic. Horror. The stuff of nightmares, really. The stuff of promises, of rewards, should he fail. Should he not be a good son. Demons and devils, killers and swindlers, they were all after him, and this child... This child! This demon-prince, this... This Leviathan. He led them all.

The Shire's heart beat wildly within his massive, sweating breast, beads of terror-driven perspiration dripping and running down his colossal, dusty black form. The whites of the stallion's eyes were barely visible beneath the glowing embers of intense golden emotion, of intense despair and abhorrence.

When would it end?!

"NO!"

A scream, high pitched and twisted like a victim, a dying scream of the damned, driven by fear. By terror. By hopelessness and by demons.

"S-S-STAY AWAY!"

Sharp bellows of inconceivable horror escape the giant's guffawing maw, and it was with the alabaster dragon's actions that sent the behemoth into motion. Flames and sharp diamonds. Sharp claws raked the ebonite giant's croup, pulling tufts of ebony hair and scratching the skin beneath, and in a speed that was both surprising and terribly blundering, Vincent pushed himself up onto quivering pillars of bone and flesh, and suddenly the cave seemed far too small. Breaths came in large, hiccuping, half-swallows that couldn't hope to fit all of his frame.

Out. Out. GET OUT! His mind screamed for release, for freedom from this monster, for retribution and salvation from his fears... But not by him. Not by Him!

Ducking his massive head close to his equal-sized chest, Vincent pushed away from the dry, cracking earth, hooves slipping and sliding on the cobblestone-like grounding. He abandoned his nook of hiding, driven out by this soul-stealer, and ran. Through his mad-dash to escape this demon-prince, Vincent's considerable bulk slipped and slide, surely crowding the said youth, but that concern was gone, replaced by heart-stopping, mind-numbing terror.

Run. Run. Run!

A litany replayed itself over and over in his head, the words screaming and demanding and willing him to run... And the voice, surprisingly, did not sound like 'Her', but of 'Him'. Of Archibald.

... Do you love me, brother?

Through the caves he ran, slipping, sliding, and running into sides of the cave wall in such crude ways surely the Gods themselves would be offended. Driven by madness, by terror, by the demon, darkling-prince and his homicidal dragon, Vincent left his cave of hiding and burst forth into daylight, the sharp sting of the sun in the sky burning his eyes and forcing them shut. Still, despite his blindness from the intense, merciless light, the ebony draft did not stop. Sweat clung to his frame, stinging his eyes, maw agape and sucking in large breaths of air... And still.

He ran.

@[Abraham]

ooc: Sorry this is late, Time. <3 Not sure if you wanted Abraham to follow, but... xD

swimming through the ashes
reference

I raised myself.
My legs were weak.
I prayed my mind be good to me.

Messages In This Thread
The Only Thing to Fear [Abraham] - by Vincent - 11-28-2014, 03:31 PM
RE: The Only Thing to Fear [Abraham] - by Abraham - 12-06-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: The Only Thing to Fear [Abraham] - by Vincent - 12-07-2014, 12:06 PM
RE: The Only Thing to Fear [Abraham] - by Abraham - 12-20-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: The Only Thing to Fear [Abraham] - by Vincent - 01-09-2015, 10:11 AM