the Rift

[OPEN] As winter weakens

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable
In response to Alysanne’s query, Nasreen only smiles and nods. It is a softer kind of smile, of the variety that may say more than words can, but in the bustle of the ensuing introductions, it may easily go unnoticed. She has been well—she is well—since returning to the Edge, but there is a lingering uncertainty. Perhaps it is the dull ache of homesickness that she’s carried with her for so much of her young life, or perhaps it is the sharper unease regarding the rumors of murder, but something is not quite right with the girl.

In any case, the maiden does not dwell on her own doubts for long—there is a new friend to be made! The tree-mare is called Fig, she learns when the former introduces herself good-naturedly, and she too is new to the Edge. It is funny how time passes; Nasreen has resided with the Qian in the Edge for nearly eight seasons now, yet she still feels like a bit of a foreigner in Helovia. Thus, when Fig asks them for more information, she cannot help but laugh. It is not a mean or condescending laugh, only one that is a bit bemused. Where to begin?

“Well,” Nasreen replies, eyes still merry, “Alysanne might be able to tell you more about the Edge than I. I come from a place far away—Th’orqui, maybe you’ve heard of it? I can only tell you a little more than what our queen, Kahlua, told me when she brought me here: our herd is called the Qian, and we’ve got crafters, and warriors, and healers…oh, and a Seer; that’s me! The goddess of the moon watches over these lands, and she’s magnificent! She’s not the kind of goddess that hides her face; I’ve had the honor of seeing her—she appears and gives our herd council…” In this way, the girl prattles on, talking about the first time she saw the goddess and proudly displaying the gifted amulet that still hangs around her neck. For one so hesitant to talk about the Edge, she certainly seems to have overcome her uncertainties!

The long-winded ramble only comes to a halt when it comes to the topic of those she’s met here. “…but the most important thing to know about the Edge,” she concludes, grey eyes growing a little misty, “…is that they are kind. They’ve taught me how to craft, they’ve trusted me with their council, and they gave me a place to rest my head when I had none. I don’t know what I would have done without them.”

horse:Colourize-Stock.deviantart.com || bg: Dark-Wolfs-Stock.deviantart.com || wings: Chocomix-Stock.deviantart.com & Chunga-Stock.deviantart.com || image: impassioned-dreams.deviantart.com || table by wanda
Image Link
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
As winter weakens - by Fig - 11-28-2014, 08:55 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Alysanne - 11-28-2014, 11:30 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Fig - 12-01-2014, 09:01 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Nasreen - 12-01-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Nasreen - 12-10-2014, 04:10 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Alysanne - 12-03-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Fig - 12-08-2014, 02:56 PM
RE: As winter weakens - by Alysanne - 12-28-2014, 05:46 PM