the Rift

[PRIVATE] What Can I do?

Alysanne the Devoted Posts: 641
World's Edge Queen atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 11 years HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Hemlock :: Flammulated Owl :: Heal & Cypress :: Great Horned Owl :: None Sarah
<style type="text/css">::-webkit-scrollbar { width: 5px; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-track { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent; } ::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb { border-radius: 5px;background: transparent;}</style>
The sadness settled in to stay, listening as Resplence made assumptions about their leaders based on their actions. “I wish they had warned you. If it had been up to me you would have.” Alysanne could only guess but she did not think Kaj and Kahlua meant to cause pain. Bad news would be best delivered one-on-one, not in front of a crowd. Even if it had not been explicitly stated, anyone that knew of the healing ranks would have noticed the absence of a certain name. Resplendence had been such a key member of this herd for so long – she and Kahlua were sisters in all but blood! This situation did not sit well with her, not in the slightest, when a simple communication could have helped just a little.

But there was nothing she could do to help that now, she supposed. “The herd would suffer if you weren’t around to contribute. Res, I’m still learning to walk and I’m on shaky legs. I really do need you. Kahlua and Kaj didn’t cast you aside, you got moved down one rank – it’s a big change but you’re not out of this. Not if you don’t want to be. You’re still a part of the healers and if you’re up for it, I’ll need you with me every step of the way until…” Until what? “Until you’re back as a Moon Doctor.” Alysanne felt stronger as a team with Resplendence, she felt like they would make a great pair of doctors together, and she’d fight to get that back.

But first, before all of that, the focus was on these nightmares.

She felt as though her own heart was breaking as she listened to Resplendence talk about the nightmares – about the things that haunted her – but she knew that whatever sympathy pain she might be feeling it would be nothing, nothing compared to what her sweet friend was going through. “Oh Res, you've the kindest, purest heart of anyone I know. How could anyone doubt your love for this herd when those are the nightmares that plague you at night?” She asked quietly, though she wondered if Kahlua and Kaj even knew. Had anyone else asked what was wrong, or been allowed to ask? She was glad for the fact that Resplendence had not run off or simply not answered the questions. Perhaps that meant that there was a part of her that was ready for Aly’s attempt to help?

The clicks and the look from Valiance are further push for her to think of something. There was no doubt, no doubt at all - Alysanne wanted to help. She wanted to show Resplendence that she was and would never truly be alone – not if this pegasus had anything to do with it! She wanted to leave no doubt, no silver of uncertainty, in her friend’s mind – so that her subconscious would not have fuel for these nightmares.

It probably wouldn’t really work like that, but Aly was always one to hope – and when it came to her friends she was happy to go through anything to help.

Two ideas come to her, the first one making her stomach churn but it was a possibility. “Mikey – Miykael – he has this magic… he can block out memories.” Her hesitance is obvious, she hated that this sort of magic existed, but even she could see the potential. “It’s effective but if something ever triggers them to come back it might be worse. It was for me.” But she mentioned it because it was not her decision to make – if it even had the slightest potential to help she had to at least bring it up, didn’t she?

She watches her friend carefully, wondering if this idea would be tempting.

image by ali <3
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
What Can I do? - by Alysanne - 11-28-2014, 10:39 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Resplendence - 11-28-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Alysanne - 12-01-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Resplendence - 12-05-2014, 01:52 AM
RE: What Can I do? - by Alysanne - 12-13-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Resplendence - 12-15-2014, 12:10 AM
RE: What Can I do? - by Alysanne - 12-26-2014, 07:46 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Resplendence - 12-27-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Alysanne - 12-29-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Resplendence - 12-29-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Alysanne - 12-30-2014, 10:55 PM