A
L
Y
S
A
N
N
E
“Well I think they’re still useful. I don’t trust magic to fix everything.” She was feeling rather stubborn about that point and wouldn’t budge. Though she supposed it wasn’t exactly right to complain about not needing herbs – their herd was what, too healthy? “It would be the same until the day we needed it. Needed the unique herbs that are hard to find. You’ve got a treasure growing here, I’d rather we have them and not need them, not have any injuries or illnesses to speak of, than need them and not have any easily accessible. Right?”

Res went on to explain that Quil was missing, a fact that Aly was sad to have overlooked. Now that she thought about it though, it had been some time since she had seen him. “I’m sorry to hear that, I hope he comes home soon.”

She had been trying to give Resplendence space, trying not to force the physical comforting she itched to use upon her friend now that the sobs had returned, but then Valiance is there, tugging at her mane and getting her to move forward. It was ridiculous for her to stand by and not offer some sort of comfort but she was beaten to the punch. Hemlock unburied himself at this point and, given the mood of the situation, decided against angrily storming the dragon that dared to tug on the mane of his bonded. Instead, he hooted a warning before darting out from beneath Aly’s wings and shooting right towards Resplendence where he promptly aimed (provided no interference from the dragon) to plop himself down beside the single ear upon her head. He nudged that one ear gently with his beak before settling in amongst her mane – letting out a softer hoot - and was quite content to stay there.

With a smile, Aly followed her companion – though she was still so hesitant about her approach, ready to stop if Resplendence’s wishes contradicted the ones her companion had suggested – and reached out to wrap her neck gently in the hug-like manner she was prone to do. She would have eagerly spoken the words ‘it’s going to be alright’ if she had known that they were needed but alas, she had no idea. But she did speak, confirming once more in a gentle but firm voice. “You’re not alone.” And then she pulled back, her smile kind, before briefly touching her muzzle to Res’ cheek.

It had been a favourite motion of hers, a quick kiss, once upon a time – though she had quite fallen out of the habit lately.

Now she actually moved away, giving room for Resplendence to come out of the canopy where she had been and into the sunshine. “I bet you'll be surprised just how many will want to see you. Come on, sweetie.” She waited until her friend was at her side before picking up an easy pace – eyes alert for whoever they might meet.

to be continued

table by sevin | image by abba | Image Credit
please tag Alysanne in replies
[Image: alysanne_by_schwartze-d89se15.png]
made by the lovely tamme
non-life threatening physical force is allowed at all times, but preference is to be checked with beforehand for any injuries

Messages In This Thread
What Can I do? - by Alysanne - 11-28-2014, 10:39 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Resplendence - 11-28-2014, 10:56 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Alysanne - 12-01-2014, 12:12 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Resplendence - 12-05-2014, 01:52 AM
RE: What Can I do? - by Alysanne - 12-13-2014, 11:15 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Resplendence - 12-15-2014, 12:10 AM
RE: What Can I do? - by Alysanne - 12-26-2014, 07:46 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Resplendence - 12-27-2014, 10:25 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Alysanne - 12-29-2014, 04:46 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Resplendence - 12-29-2014, 10:06 PM
RE: What Can I do? - by Alysanne - 12-30-2014, 10:55 PM