Ascended Helovian

Gaucho The Wildfire Posts: 1,004
Deceased atk: 8.5 | def: 11.5 | dam: 8
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 12 HP: 85 | Buff: PINNACLE
Mara :: Black Mamba Snake :: Paralyze & Vorsa :: Plain Zephyr :: Phoenix Odd
GAUCHO
& if we should die tonight then we should all die together

[Continue here since the spar took place on the Island?]

Gaucho was glad to see the stallion taking his defeat in stride. Gaucho didn't think that the black and gold crafter would be much of a match for him, an observation driven by anything but arrogance. The Wildfire made it a point to know the strengths of the majority in his herd, and while he suspected what sort of fighter Buce would be, he needed to have it confirmed. He was lean and he was fast, perhaps not as agile as Gaucho, but surely his endurance would prove pivotal in a longer spar, or even an invasion. Thinking along these lines set Gaucho's teeth on edge, but it had to be done. With the pink spy creeping around his members, the dun assumed the worst. Why else, if not to gain information, would she have been there in the first place? Looking at Buce now, Gaucho's eyes spoke of the thoughts that tumbled in his mind.

Protection of his herd. Of his family. That is what mattered most; it mattered above all else. That Buce had been onboard with the bridge idea was the first stone that would pave his future within the herd, this spar had been the second. Gaucho didn't need to be beat, he only need to be shown that Buce could put up a defense, and to see his reaction when he lost to his superior. That Buce had brought up Ampere, whether true or not, had spoken volumes about the stallion in a language that the primitive sultan could understand. If he had noticed the flicker of passion that constantly burned between Ampere and himself well ... then either himself and the Blue hadn't been as subtle as he thought they were, or the golden-flecked stallion was observant. Perhaps both. Further that he would use it against Gaucho, even knowing that there could be possible negative ramifications to come was ballsy, but Gaucho approved.

Folding his flaming wings to his flanks, Gaucho regarded Buce solemnly now.

"Maybe you have magic one day too." He grunted, the flames lapping his wings flaring slightly. "And you not fail. Gaucho not expect you to win. But you make contact. More than once." Raising his right wing - the one Buce injured, Gaucho snorted as a grin parted his lips. "Will be sore."

Squaring his body to the slightly smaller stallion, Gaucho's dark ears flickered with a momentary uncertainty. This was normally Sohalia's domain ... but then again, that she wasn't here was exactly why Gaucho needed to have this conversation. "Buce new to Throat ... but already are known in the herd. Already are family. You fight Gaucho today ... would you fight our enemies to protect herd? To protect family?"

@[Bucephalus]

Table style by Tamme!
Please tag me in every post! Magic/Force is allowed on Gaucho at any time.

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
[Image: 3999927.png]

[Image: 3999923.png]

[Image: 9e6b3ad4-a8c4-4003-bd66-cb75589c58e6_zps...1415597174]

Buce's laughter faded when he saw the solemn look in his Sultan's eyes, and he straightened, wincing. His injuries made their presences known, and he did his best to block out the pain. It was going to be a long flight home. An ear cocked to Gaucho, listening. "I can only hope. Maybe if i get magic we can rematch." There was a glitter of mischief in his eyes as he spoke, although it vanished with the dun's next words. A grin cracked his face when Gaucho smiled, and he dipped his head. "It was luck truly that i managed to hit you. You're much faster than i had thought... and i won't lie that i was arrogant." A troubled look crossed his face. Next time he'd not be so quick to judge someone's skillset.

There's silence for a small space of time, a silence that allowed Bucephalus to take a chance and examine his injuries, judging that most of them exaggerated themselves. His ass still hurt though. And his face. His head rose when Gaucho spoke again, and surprise flickered across his face. His lips parted as if to answer the question, but he hesitated, instead falling silent, gaze dropping to the ground. Would he fight for them? For Ampere, Sikeax, Gaucho, Morrigan, Cera, Alija, and all those he'd yet to meet. Not a one had been anything but kind, and each had a personality that blazed like the fire of their deity. He knew what fighting for something would mean. It would mean you'd be willing to lay down your life in defense of a cause, of a reason. For family. How long had it been since he truly felt at ease? How long since he'd been willing to die for something?

"If you had asked me the day we met, i would have said no. I cared for none, and believed that i would leave the Throat whenever i grew bored of it." Arrogance. "But now..." He hesitated once more. Their faces flashed before his eyes, every one laughing, smiling, light at heart with hardly a care. "Now i cannot help but think that they are family. I've not had such a thing since i was a colt." The feathers between his shoulders bristled, fluffing up. "Should something threaten it..." He looked up to Gaucho then. His eyes burned like molten gold, and his lips twitched in what would have been a snarl had he not kept some measure of control. "Yes, i would fight. I would fight because i feel they would do the same. Because they, you, Throat...all of you are my family now. You've all shown me kindness, friendliness, made me feel as if for once i belonged." He glanced at the trees, forcing his feathers flat. "I do not want war to come to our family. Aside the murders, it's been peaceful at the Throat. Everywhere outside i go, there's caution, a fear. I do not feel that on those dunes. So yes, i would fight to protect that, to protect the peace. I would fight until either our enemies flee or i lay broken on the earth." He sighed, then snorted in amusement.

"Forgive me for talking so much. I could have answered your question swiftly." He said, glancing back at the larger stallion in all his burning glory.

Word Count:558 Tags:@[Gaucho]

Please tag Bucephalus in all posts.
Any force is allowed against short of death.

Pixel by Aud
Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO

"Rhojosor." He interrupted in agreement. The word meant family in his native tongue, and it somehow seemed to capture the emotion that Buce was describing moreso than the native word family did. Rhojosor was an unbreakable bond once created. It held and never wavered. Listening to Buce continue Gaucho reaffirmed in his mind the reason that he had done all of this. It was for them, for every face that Buce had seen upon the red sands. They could only live without fear if a select group did what was needed to protect them.

The Wildfire nodded as Buce concluded, shrugging his shoulders as if to suggest that the lengthy speech was not so bad. In fact, the dun left it to Mara to listen. The native Helovian tongue was still difficult for him, and often he found his mind begin to wander when more than a few words were cast in his direction. Mara, who had grown to be a skilled translator projected the sentiments into her bonded's mind using words, images, and feelings.

"Throat used to have three leader positions. Sultan, Sultana, and Chancellor. You know of Sultan and Sultana but Chancellor .. different. Chancellor rule, but not a position that can be taken. Only given. Chancellor chosen by the Sultan or Sultana. Gaucho oversee the warriors and Sohalia handle diplomacy. But this keeps us busy ... that why we need a third. Our Chancellor. You. You will act for us when we are not around. You answer only to us. No one can take your position, but Gaucho or Sohalia can remove you any time." Pausing, he flicked his tail. He hadn't asked Buce to take the position so much as telling him that he now had it. Then again any scenerio in which Buce declined would likely lead to his expulsion from the herd. After all, how could he remain if he declined to rise to the occasion and aid them when needed? Gaucho wasn't concerned however. "Gaucho's quest from Sun God will take him away from home - will lose senses while completing it. Sohalia busy with Academy ... that why we need you now. That why we give you this rank."

Table style by Tamme!

"Rhojosor..." He rolled the word around on his tongue, getting a feel for it. Somehow the word was both guttural and flowing. He rather liked it. But he was pulled from his thoughts over the word by the Sultan's next words. There had been three lead ranks? He listened curiously, not really knowing why the man was telling him this. Did he want to see who Buce thought would fit the Chancellor best?

He couldn't be more wrong.

Jaw nearly dropping, a startled look flashed onto his face. A lead? Him? So quickly? His expression settled into a thoughtful frown, listening and thinking as Gaucho spoke more. He wouldn't deny, most of him was flattered, pleased and preening. But there were doubts. "I don't mean to doubt your decision, but i cannot help but think that there are others, those that have been in the Throat far longer than i have, that could serve as well or better." The part of him, Bucephalus, that was delighted by this promotion screamed at him to shut the hell up and accept it with grace. Altan wasn't so easily convinced.

"I am flattered, and i won't deny pleased that you want me to become Chancellor, and i will serve the position as best as i am able. I just wish to know...why me?" His gaze locks on Gaucho's. It's not in challenge, but curiousity now that he asked this. The pain of his wounds were gone, forgotten in the aftermath of this startling turn of events.

Word Count:254 Tags:@[Gaucho]

Pixel by Aud
Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO

Gaucho bore Buce's questions quietly it not patiently. What did his reasons matter? Did he need reassurance? Wasn't Gaucho's support enough? Snorting, the Sultan's dark ears flickered with impatience. He wished Sohalia were here, she was so much better at this than he was. The Wildfire understood the need for certainty, for reassurance. It wasn't an emotion that he often felt, but that others did was something that he recognized. Still. It was hard for him to bear.

"Yes there are others. But leading is not for all. And some lead in different ways, but all are just as important. Tandavi lead by her light and meetings with Sun God. Cera had that position before, but now creates with metal for our projects." He shrugged lightly, tail flicking. "Throat is rhojosor. New is not important. Gaucho pick you because you not lazy. You not have trouble with speech like Gaucho does - you more like a dip-low-mat, like Sohalia. Gaucho going to be busy with quest, need someone to meet new members. To deal with herd problems. To watch over them."

Was this the right decision? Buce was correct, there were many who had been in the Throat longer, but none who seemed to show much interest in holding any positions higher than what they had. Sure the spies and healers often changed position, taking lead and then falling back with the changing of the seasons, but passed that who was there? The thought intrigued him. Were there others who would have Buce's newly minted rank? A smirk parted Gaucho's dark lips. Perhaps he would have to speak with them more about this. Buce's position after all could only be removed by himself or Sohalia. But that was not to say that once Gaucho's quest was over that he would need the golden stallion to remain in the rank ... Perhaps if there were others they would come forward. Friendly competition and all that.

"Gaucho pick you. That why." He concluded unhelpfully, snorting.

Table style by Tamme!

Buce processed his words, listening intently as the man spoke. "Makes sense. I'm honored." He bowed his head, then turned to look out at the sky he could see past the cherry trees. "This will be interesting... I won't fail you." He looked back to Gaucho. He meant it. The stallion was placing his trust in him, trust that he would guard their family, that he could handle the position. Few placed trust in the black, and he honored the Sultan's choice rather highly. Of course, he wouldn't tell Gaucho precisely what the trust meant.

"Well then, shall we return home? The sooner we arrive, the sooner you can begin your quest, i can begin new duties, and we make the Throat safe." He tilted his head, wings unfurling, although the movement pulled a wince from his raw shoulders. Ech, ow. Yeah, not looking forward to this flight. Nope. His mind returned to pouring over his new rank as he waited for Gaucho, gaze going distant. He had no problem socializing, nor being a diplomat. Words were a passion of his, after all. Third behind singing and dancing. He had faith he'd do pretty well in his new position, although worried somewhat about his inexperience dealing with the other herds. He still didn't know where Basin or Edge was. Best...best not to let Gaucho know that.

He'd scout the land later, whenever he could steal the time. Memorize Helovia by heart so he'd never have to ask a question.

Word Count:250 Tags:@[Gaucho]

Pixel by Aud
Ascended Helovian

GAUCHO

The dun grunted and nodded, glad that the discussion was over. How did Sohalia do it? It was exhausting. Mentally he probed Mara, silently appreciating the way she could simply invade his thoughts and know his mind; it was so much easier than trying to communicate clumsily with words.

As Buce unfurled his wings, Gaucho did the same, still noting the swell of pain in his right shoulder and wingjoint as he did so. Buce's original attack had been a good one. Even though his chest didn't hurt now, he was sure that it would later. Nostrils flaring, Gaucho looked at the wounds that covered his new Chancellor. "Maybe Onni have something for that." Shrugging, and making perhaps the only joke Buce would ever hear fall from his lips, he continued. "Maybe not. Girls like scars."

With a grunt, Gaucho surged forward into a canter. His dark hooves only touched the ground for a few strides before his flaming wings pulled him into the air. Although his wing itched and whined with pain it felt good to be airborne again.
"Home. We tell herd. Then Gaucho start quest." He ordered, tilting his body back towards where the sandy expanses of the Throat were.

Gaucho's mind was at ease, at least for a while. The Island project would be underway, and with Sohalia and Buce there to keep an eye on things the Sultan knew his family would be well cared for. Although he didn't expect his quest to take him long, often things had a way of cropping up and delaying what was only meant to require a marginal amount of attention. Still, the Sun God would not send him away from his family for nothing.

[Fin? :3]

Table style by Tamme!