the Rift

[OPEN] Welcome to the Jungle [Welcoming]

Rhea Posts: 110
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.3 :: 3 HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
nickel

The journey back home had taken much longer than she would have hoped but being polite meant walking with her new recruit instead of flying off ahead. Life on foot was boring but she would tolerate it for now. Absolutely delighted that the young filly had decided to come along back to the Basin she felt a rather smug satisfaction. Somehow she had outwitted the pegasus, which really was not all that hard to do, and claimed the prize. Well metaphorically speaking anyways as Ayleid wasn't really something to be won. She would think about it more as a personal prize instead of something one could show off and gloat about.

As they walked along she tried her best to explain what all she had come to know about this place since her own arrival only a few short weeks ago. Unlike herself the members of the Basin would likely welcome the newcomer instead of look at her with disgust and hatred. That was something she still had to work on given she had the marks to making her something more than just a normal unicorn by no fault of her own. Thinking back to the very first conversation she had in the Basin she wondered about the possibility of stripping herself of them completely. While she would like the chance to prove her mindset was correct there was still that part of her that was hesitant to give up the items that had molded her into the creature she was today. Flight was as much a part of her now as was water to a fish making the decision almost impossible. At least Ayleid would not have to suffer in the same way as she only bore the crown of the unicorn.

Crossing over the stretch of land separating the Basin from the rest of the world she motioned ahead of her. "Well we have arrived in the Basin. It may not look like much right now but there is life here hidden beneath the snow's crust." She explained remembering her first impressions of this place. She had come based on a rumor to see what all it was to find only the white barren plains they looked upon now. It wasn't until she ventured deeper had she found the heart of it all tucked away from prying eyes. " We will meet Lady Ophelia so that she may know of your choice to join in our ranks. She will also be able to point you in the direction of the member in charge of the healers."

Out of the many she had met thus far not too many had offered to give her much direction so asking it from the queen would likely be the best route. Hey she might even learn something as well since Illynx had been rather vague when she had accepted her into this place. Surely the sentinels would have alerted those in charge to their arrival making it only a matter of time before they came across someone with a higher ranking than herself.

•• TAGS: @[Ayleid] @[Ophelia] •• NOTES: Open to anyone wishing to greet the latest newcomer to the Basin. ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Please Tag Rhea In All Threads
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.
Icon base: Bronzehalo

Ayleid Posts: 8
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 3 years
Adoptable

Lots of time seemed to go by as Rhea and I traveled to this so called Basin. I didn't know what to expect of this place, but needless my mind ran rampant. Aurora Basin...did the land glow vibrant colors at all? Was there a nightly display in the night sky of an Aurora Borealis? Were there lots of plants for me to collect and use readily to study and help others? And – this one was my biggest question- what were the other herd members like? Were they nice, mean, equines, pegasi, unicorns? Or was there simply a mixture of all of those there? Only time would tell.

I listened to Rhea babble on about what all she had learned so far about Helovia, but I couldn't really put all that much together between concentrating on the path before me in the deeper snow and catching my breath. The air seemed colder than when we first set out from the Threshold and the snow was definitely deeper. Was the Basin colder in climate than everywhere else? Honestly, I didn't care which way or the other but hopefully there would at least be some plant life besides pine trees and grass. Or maybe perhaps a greenhouse of some sort! There were some herds that had some of those in Cimoron...perhaps this place would have one too.

Then finally our traveling came to a halt and Rhea motioned ahead. I listened as she said that we had arrived and how it might not look like much now, but there was life beneath the snow. Since I was a few feet behind her, I couldn't really see all that much so I took a few steps forward and looked to where she motioned.

White. The Basin was so...white. There was very little green from trees and definitely no glowing or colorful parts to it. At least not right now. I cursed the winter weather under my breath, blaming it for hiding most of the Basin from my eyes and then wished for the snow to melt. Though, as I looked closer I did notice that there was probably a body of water of some sort and there seemed to be some form of vapor rising in the distance. Something was here, the snow was just hiding most of it. At least this herd seemed safe. Surrounded by mountains with only this small path to the herd itself. And what was that not far off in the distance? Light bounced off of some sort of metallic structure and...looked like a horse? What in the world?

“It's...,” I began hesitantly, “It's not exactly as I had imagined.”

I looked to Rhea questioningly - wondering if she had somehow gotten us lost – but she seemed confident of our location. She even went on to say that we were going to meet someone she regarded to as Lady Ophelia and that she would be able to point me in the direction of the one in charge of the healers. A smile formed upon my lips as I looked back down to the Basin that laid before us. This Lady Ophelia I would guess was one of the leaders of this herd, “I can't wait to meet her then,” I spoke while my smile turned into a grin. My previous grief turned into happiness and my happiness turned into a giddy anxiousness.

“So,” I turned back to Rhea with some excitement now in my voice, “What is the Basin like exactly?”

"Ayleid's speech"|"Ayleid's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 586
TAGGED;; @[Rhea] @[Ophelia]
OOC;; I'm actually kinda excited about this now xD

AYLEID'S REF;; Click!
AYLEID'S VOICE;; Miranda Otto

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I'm a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm
they used to shout my name, now they whisper it

Ophelia had not been alerted by any sentinels mainly because she had a suspicion that Ulrik would keep such information from her on purpose. From the expression in those mad, bronze eyes, she assumed he would take quite a long time to warm up to her at all. Hopefully with Torleik's help, she would find common ground with the taciturn engineer. As such, she looked up at saw the strange hybrid approaching with one who was not at the meeting. Curiously, she walked forward, smiling. The fact that this one had wings had made her question her father's suspicions about the Aurora Basin, but she was a complete anomaly.

The one with Rhea was young, her chocolate coat lovely, as was the spiraled horn on her crown. Phi smiled at the pair, unwilling to let her curiosity taint her actions. If they had already been accepted as part of the herd, she would not judge - though another discussion with Deimos was most likely in order. Ophelia wanted to know the rules so that she would not break them in the future, and she respected wanted to live among your own kind. Unfortunately for her, she consistently toed the line between two halves of the same soul, never fitting in just one box.

She only caught the tail end of a question, and Ophelia chuckled softly. "I am just getting to learn this as well," she replied. "We have caves in the mountains on the borders of the Aurora Basin, hot springs in which to bathe, and even a tent that silences voices," she said, her voice in a playful, excited whisper. "Otherwise, we are just like any other herd, I would imagine. We are a band of individuals with a common interest, a family of sorts."

Phi looked up at Rhea. "Thank you for your kind words at the herd meeting, Rhea," she thanked the mare personally. "You give me confidence that I may help this herd. What can I do for you?"

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

nickel

Watching the sun dance across the white canvas the girl followed its path way up into the mountains before it finally faded into mere shadows. How much different did this place look when the winter came to a close? Would the snowline recede back to reveal a lush blanket of greenery dotted with various blots of colour? Would the snow even melt? There was so many things she had yet to learn about this place she had adopted as her home well until she was either told she could stay or forced to leave. She was still puzzled by what was so different about her other than her wings. Could it really be that hard for the rest of the herd to see that she was not some spy sent from another land? There had been no reason that she could think of as to why she might be chased away, after all she had been trying to help out in whatever way she seen possible. Illynx and Zikar-Xin or whatever his name had been had obviously seen something in her to allow her a trial period could others not see that as well?

Ayleid's joyous voice beside her dragged her thoughts back to earth with a resounding thud. Tipping an ear in her direction she tossed around how exactly she was supposed to answer that question. Likely it would be best to give her opinion off how she observed others interacting with each other rather than base it off her own experiences. A handful of members had seemed decent towards the idea of her being here but then there was the meeting where someone had been trying to do god knows what to her with their magic and all distasteful comments had surfaced. Before she could respond hooves crunching upon the snow directed her attention elsewhere. Turning her head she caught the pale mare with the crimson locks approaching them. Bowing her head respectfully to their lady she offered a warm smile hoping she would not be regretting her decision to bring Ayleid back with her.

Listening quietly as she spoke a jolt of surprise hit her when she was thanked for her comments at the meeting. From her point of view her words had gone virtually unnoticed by anyone including the question she had presented towards the god of spark, well until now that is. It was a weird feeling to be thanked for something she had said or done normally most just turned a blind eye or snapped something stupid at her. Despite her roughened exterior shell inside there was still pieces of her that could accept kindness and the dreaded four letter word. Love..

" It was the least I could do given what everyone else seemed to be saying." She replied gratefully though the end of her thought trail was left unspoken. I know what its like to be different and hated for what you cannot control. Feelings was not something she was accustomed to and saying it out loud just seemed awkward and vulnerable. She was not vulnerable she was stronger than that. " I was down in the threshold earlier and came across Ayleid here. She was lost and didn't have anywhere to go so I offered for her to come back here with me so she wouldn't be alone. That is if its alright with you? She has experience with healing as well." Adding the last part on as an extra tidbit she gave a reassuring look over to Ayleid bobbing her head slightly.

•• TAGS: @[Ayleid] @[Ophelia] •• NOTES: Did you want me to continue tagging you guys? ••
Picture Credits
[Image: rhea_by_moonstone_designs-d9dlobz.png][Image: rhea_by_bronzehalo_d9gff4q_by_moonstone_...9ggy08.png]
Use of magic and physical contact is allowed with the exception of killing or maiming her.

Ayleid Posts: 8
Aurora Basin Mare
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 hh :: 3 years
Adoptable

Before Rhea had a chance to answer my question, the voice of another percolated the cold still air. Quickly, I turned around to face the mare that approached us – chuckling as she came closer. My ears tilted as I caught all of her words. Caves in the mountains, hot springs, a tent that silences voices?! How in the world could a tent silence voices? Just the thought of it made me curious.

“Just how does a tent silence voices?” I asked her without restraint, “And what common interest does this...family, share?”

As I realized that I had let my curiosity get the best of I snapped my lips shut and looked down at the snow. I hoped I hadn't offended the mare that stood before me. Which reminds me...I didn't really get a good look at her. Slowly I raised my orange eyes and took in the details of her. White with red tipped lockes. And she had a horn! Was that the common interest around here? Horns? When the mare looked and spoke to Rhea, I realized that they both knew each other. Although, I guess that shouldn't have come at a surprise they both lived in the same herd after all.

I watched as Rhea bowed her head and wondered if this was the so called Lady Ophelia that she had mentioned earlier. If so, she seemed rather nice so far and I would be elated to have found a herd with kind rulers. Attention snapped back to Rhea though once she mentioned my name and how she offered to bring me here. Then she mentioned that I had experience with healing.

“I wouldn't exactly calling it healing experience,” I broke in with a slightly nervous laugh, “Really all it is is just knowledge of a few plants that can help ease symptoms, but not cure. I didn't really get that far in my training where I was previously.”

My head darted between the two. A soft smile began to form as more laughter softly trickled past my lips as I spoke some more, “I mean I'd love to expand my knowledge in the healing portion of things and do what I can to help, but all of what I know right now is nothing really. Just minor basic stuff.”

Hopefully, Rhea didn't feel like she messed up or embarrassed because of me. She seemed like a decent being and I was hoping to eventually build a friendship of some sort. If I were going to stay here on Helovia, I was going to need at least some friends and who else better than one of the first people I met?

"Ayleid's speech"|"Ayleid's thoughts"

WORD COUNT;; 446
TAGGED;; @[Rhea] @[Ophelia]
OOC;; Yeah go ahead! It actually helps me keep track of what all I have to do. lol.

AYLEID'S REF;; Click!
AYLEID'S VOICE;; Miranda Otto

Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
I'm a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm
they used to shout my name, now they whisper it

Ophelia was not one to ignore kindness or let words of support go unnoticed. She had so little confidence in her own abilities that accolades of others gave her pinches of hope that she could achieve the goals the Spark God have given. Rhea responded in kind and then introduced the young one she had brought back. The Lady turned her attention to Ayleid, smiling. "Of course she is welcome. Thank you for inviting her to our home. So many come through the Threshold, and we should ensure that this great herd is well represented among the newcomers."

The two questions the child asked made Ophelia chuckled, just a little. "Well, the tent is magical, which is very interesting," she said. "As for common interest, I am still discovering the multiple dynamics of this herd. Most of the older members, I believe, are bound by a sense of brotherhood, bonded tightly after having been forced from their original home and then settling here," she mused aloud. d'Artagnan, Ulrik and Deimos had all seemed to speak from the same mouth.

"However, the most common thread is progress, striving to improve the lives of who call this place home." She hoped that the answer was satisfying enough. After seeing Rhea, obviously unicorn-only was not an enforced thread as was formerly assumed. Phi had little experience in healing, and she nodded. Mostly, she was skilled is destruction, lies, stealing... For a kind soul, she was oddly immoral.

"Do not feel as if you must take on a task immediately in order to be accepted. Take your time to discover the herd and live among us. I did not see any healers at this recent meeting, but I am sure that once I find who they are, we can make introductions." She smiled. "But if you want to feel useful, I am sure that you can ask anyone for help and they would be grateful."

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

nickel

Awaiting the verdict of Ayleid's fate with patience she began to wonder as to what her fate would be. Normally she was one to just deal with things as they came but for some weird reason this answer was bugging her. While she hated not knowing things she had always prided herself as a patient observer that would wait out the most tedious tidbits. Was she changing? Why did this herd's decision matter so much to her all of a sudden? Hadn't she always been an outcast wherever she had gone in the past? The whole thought process was confusing for she did not want to admit how good it felt to be a part of something even if it was on shaky terms. With Illynx being gone did that make Ophelia in charge of her fate?

Ophelia's delicate tone drew her attention to the conversation yet again but her words were rather odd. Did she just say what I think she said? A magical tent? Silencing voices? Ok, clearly she needed to pay more attention rather than letting the voices in her head drag her away. Well she had found the hot springs and a few select caves so that at least meant she wasn't zero for three. She would have to find this tent and figure out how it worked though. Only question now was where the hell was it in this vast icebox?

" Another question if I may." She said gently hoping to bounce her thoughts off someone who would actually be able to give her an answer. Letting a couple seconds slip by she took a breath and pulled her thoughts into words. " The one known as Illynx placed me on a trial term when I arrived. How long must I wait to finally get a definitive answer and who do I ask? " Feeling a little nervous she debated whether or not she would like the answer. This was where she wanted to call home but there were clearly those who hated her already would they be helping decide her fate?

•• TAGS: @[Ayleid], @[Ophelia] •• NOTES: Sorry for wait ••
Picture Credits