Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

How was she supposed to feel about this place, her surroundings and the new environment before her. The little filly could only quiver with each timid step, as soft hazel eyes gazed down the tunnel that lead to an opening further ahead. Her newly found wings quivered on her withers, fluttering slightly out of reflex to her expressive emotions. She wasn't used to having the contraptions yet, she didn't know what muscles to move to use them, and her mind never once crossed over the thought of flying.

Working her way through the end of the tunnel, she reached a vast clearing, protected away from the world and filled with many of those who seemed just as lost as she was. This made her feel hopeful in sense, because it meant she wasn't alone. She saw that other horses had wings, and some even horns, and this made her feel even less insecure. She thought she was a mutant, a freak because of her strange butterfly wings, but perhaps it was of the norm to have them. Maybe it was a result from her hopping... was it worlds? She was still confused about her entire predicament.

First she was frolicking through the forest with her adopted mother nearby, and then she had found a beautiful portal, one that had fascinated her so. Soon she was walked forward and tumbling into this place with a new body part and no one to explain to her what happened. She missed her mother dearly, and longed to see her smiling face, but she had accepted almost right from the start, that she wouldn't see her again. She was used to being left alone, so losing another mother wasn't too traumatizing to her, at least not anymore.

Moving her spotted head slowly down, she worked her black maw into the freshly grown grass of Birdsong, attempting to working her new teeth against them to nibble. She had to eat at some point, mother had been trying to wean her off milk for a month now, and she was going to try her hardest and continue the habit, especially if she had no one to care for her. Her fluff of a tail swished behind her as she continued to get used to the idea of grazing, no longer paying much attention to her surroundings.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: I'm alright with her going anywhere but the falls, as I already have a character in there! Thanks!
WC: 390
Image Credit

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
KAHLUA & KHAN
The queen arrived in the Threshold with a smile on her face. It had been so long since she had been here, so long since she had known the quiet shadows of these trees, known the gentle sway of the boughs above, known the whistle of the wind as it wound its way through the maze of shrubs below. And in the same way that leaving the Edge meant freedom for her trapped soul, this forest meant a chance to feel like she was home. After all, this forest embodied everything that the Sunshower was good at. New faces at every turn, new friends waiting to be made, new bonds waiting to be forged… True, she loved the Edge, but she loved the Threshold. She had started her new life here, she wanted to help others start theirs.

Bouncing through the forest, trying to find some of the happiness that had lifted her soul on so many occasions before, Kahlua whinnied out as she looked left to right. Except, it seemed that she forgot to look forward, for she all but crashed into a filly that was trying her best to fit into this world. Skidding to a stop from her flamboyant trot, the queen exclaimed in a bright soprano, “Oh!” From above, Khan fluttered down from the sky, his dragon song a bubbly chortle as he presumably mocked Kahlua for her foolishness.

“Sorry!” she offered then to the filly, shaking her back to shoo Khan from his perch. If he was going to mock her, he was not going to settle upon her back the way he was now. Fluttering to the ground with blue feathered wings, the young dragon instead turned his sites on the filly and suddenly bounded towards her, attempting to swat at her hooves, to chase her into a game. At his antics, Kahlua could only sigh. She had not intended to come here and find a child, they never were her favorite, but what could she do. Khan never listened to her if she asked him not to play such games.

So, seeing that she was likely stuck in this position as Khan continued bouncing about and attempting to swat and paw at the child, Kahlua decided to just settle herself in. “I’m Kahlua, queen of the Edge. Who are you?” At least her voice was gentle and kind as her blue eyes looked down and she smiled upon the child. There were many, much worse creatures that could have come upon this child.

@[Myrrine]
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post

Myrrine Posts: 179
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 5.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16hh :: 3 (Orangemoon) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

The noise of the mare was the first thing that caught the filly's attention, and soon she was inches away from the chest of a beautiful painted mare. Taking a step back to give them both room, Myrrine looked up at the newcomer as she exclaimed her surprise, and a small creature took its place upon her back, clicking at her in an almost giggle of sorts, perhaps because of her carelessness. The winged girl didn't know whether to be terrified or fascinated by the new creature, but as soon as it came forward, pawing at her tiny hooves almost as if to encourage chase, she assumed that it meant no harm.

A soft and kind smile brought itself upon her complexion at the older one's apology, and with a soft tip of her head and a cheery look to the dragon, Myrrine finally spoke,"It's okay. Sometimes we don't pay attention when we're too busy moving." She let a soft giggle escape her lips, it ringing like a soft wind chime in the breeze on a pleasant spring day. The mare introduced herself as Kahula, a queen to be exact, causing her eyes to widen in sudden surprise. She had heard of royalty before, of rulers of herds in her old home, but never before had she met one. How was she supposed to react to them? Certainly not casually, they weren't just normal horses after all.

A fluttering of her wings showed her nervousness, and she looked around for a moment, unsure what to do, before awkwardly dipping her head down in respect, murmuring quietly with cranium still facing the ground,"My apologies for being so rude your majesty, my name is Myrrine. It's an honor to make your acquaintance." Letting her hazel gaze look to the dragon once more, she gave him that kind smile, longing to play with him. She wouldn't dare though, not without a queen's permission. This creature seemed to be her pet, and it would be greatly disrespectful if she was to interact with him without permission.

She didn't know where or what the "Edge" was, but her mother had always taught her to be polite and respectful to her Elders, and to be trustful and obedient to them unless they proved otherwise not worthy. Not that Myrrine wouldn't do that anyway, she always felt that others deserved the benefit of the doubt, and so she was often open and trusting to anyone she first met. Most of all a well respected leader. Her little fluff of a tail quivered nervously, and she stomped one of her hoofs slightly, before finally retreating out of her bow and looking to Kahlua with awe.

She had many questions, questions she wasn't sure she was supposed to ask, and ones that might have no answer to. There was so much for her little mind to learn in this world, and how easily it could have been molded by anyone who saw fit to do so. She was an innocent and bright mind that saw good, and for that she might accomplish great things in her life, should said life not make her jaded.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: Please don't feel the need to match my post I know I didn't match yours <3
WC: 527
Image Credit
Any force is permitted aside from death or maiming
PLEASE TAG ME IN POSTS! :3

KAHLUA & KHAN
Kahlua had a lot of ideas about children and the responsibilities they entailed. She had a lot of ideas about the way, when they were born, that they tied shackles around their mothers’ hooves and tied them into place. She had ideas about how bars rose from the ground, a floor and a lid, a lock closed tightly, the key swallowed. When one was a mother, they could not do anything else. She had seen it with Brisa, so tied down by her twins. She had seen it with Aly, who constantly had to run back to her home to check upon her son. Kahlua could not do that to herself. Freedom was her oxygen, her blood, her heart, her lungs, her brain. And it was for that reason that she had been forced to lie to Kaj, to tell him that she did not love him, that they couldn’t be together, that they were not meant for one another. It killed her to say that to him, and yet… loving him meant killing herself, in her eyes. So perhaps she was being selfish, but at least she was staying alive.

At least for now, as she looked down at the filly, she could pretend that she didn’t believe those things, because the words that fell from the child’s mouth were so perfect that Kahlua could do nothing but break into a brilliant round of laugher, her voice overlaying the giggle of the young one. Weren’t they just the truth? Kahlua never paid attention when she was too busy moving- or any other time, really, for that matter. For instance, in this moment, she didn’t really notice the nervous flutter of the child’s wings, because her eyes had trained back upon the dragon fledgling who was growing more insistent in his attempts to garner the girl’s attention. Moving to her back end, the dragon began to swat at her tail, opening his mouth and attempting to breath frozen air the way Tinek had before. Nothing came out, of course, but try he did. Some day he would learn to be strong like that massive silver was.

“Oh, you weren’t being rude at all. Don’t worry. Kahlua is fine, really!” Kahlua said, hardly missing a beat as Myrrine apologized. She was used to such comments by now, but she never asked for respect or demanded that others bow to her. She would never say no, of course, for she did have a vain side; however, there was no need for anyone to go out of their way for her. Not like she would even notice. Though the young child was quiet after that, Kahlua did not find it difficult to make conversation. Still, she did not desire to overwhelm the little one, so she started with something easy. “So… Where is your mother? How did you get here?” Patiently, she waited for an answer, letting her easy smile remain on her face. Though Myrrine was a child, she was a new face and a new friend. It was more than Kahlua had been able to say about anyone else in a long time.

@[Myrrine]
Image Credit

Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

She could only smile at the Queen's laugh, relaxing slightly as she easily brushed away any formalities. This caused Myrrine to wiggle her tail in slight excitement, and for her to finally take notice of the dragon attempting to attack her fluff. Turning her head suddenly to look at him, she smiled, gently puffing air from her nostrils against his tail in an attempt to startle him. She swiftly moved her spotted body around to begin her chase, only to be stopped by Kahlua's question.

An expression of sadness overcame her, and she could only face back to the paint once again, her eyes kind despite her emotions, and with a soft tone she replied,"Not here I'm afraid. You see, I'm not from here. I come from... somewhere else. I don't really know where I lived was called, and I don't know where this place is, but all I know is that there was a portal, and I arrived here with these wings on my back." Looking back at them for a moment, she watched them twitch and flutter, their beautiful striping clashing against the spots on her white coat.

She didn't know what was going to happen now. She had no mother, and no knowledge of this land. There was no home to speak of and she was all alone. She was glad she had found a friend in this lovely mare and her little pet, and she hoped that perhaps she would have answers. Of course, she expected nothing from her, as expecting adults to take her in had long ago left her mindset. She had no intention of pushing herself on to anyone, but if company was offered she was always happy to oblige.

Looking at Kahlua pleasantly, she tried to remain attentive, as this was the polite thing to do, but the little dragon at her heels was so friendly and fun and it had been so long since she had had a playmate. Granted, all of her other ones had been random rabbits or squirrels that she chased off into the woods, and to them it wasn't a game, but she still had great fun of it, and having someone who was willing to play first was even better. She kept an eye on the blue one slowly, before suddenly jumping over top of him, positioned so that he was right beneath her belly. As she did this, she dipped her head between her front legs to look at him, before attempting to blow air on his face with a playful smile.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC:
WC: 428
Image Credit

KAHLUA & KHAN
Khan was all but ecstatic to finally be acknowledged, and he jumped in surprise as the foal blew on his tail. He had been so focused on swatting at the fuzzy, fluffy thing that she called her own tail that he had neglected to pay attention to her front end. Indeed, even Kahlua had to laugh at his antics with the filly, pleased that the young dragon had finally been taken at his own game. Scampering off, surely expecting chase, the dragon was disappointed to find that the filly paid more attention to the Sunshower than himself.

As for the Sunshower herself, her heart hurt at the filly’s sad tale. She knew the sorrow of losing a mother and family unexpectedly, although not quite the same way that this one had. “I lost my parents too, and my twin brother… In a fire.” She frowned softly, trying to commiserate with the girl. But she also did not desire to wallow in sorrow, so she was quick to change the subject and bring joy back to this girl’s life. “Your wings are very pretty. You’re lucky to have them- only the pegasi can explore the sky!”

Pondering for a moment longer, watching as Khan lumbered his way back to the filly (he had clearly taken to her), Kahlua decided there was really only one course of action that she could take. “I don’t know how we can get you back to your home, but I have lots of friends from different places where I live. I could take you there- maybe one of them will know where you’re from and how to get you back there…” she trailed off sadly for a moment, because she wasn’t sure if she was telling the truth or not. She had been trying to help Nasreen find her home for so long, and they had yet to succeed. Still… she had to try. She clearly couldn’t leave this filly alone here.

As the filly jumped over top of the dragon, it was all but decided. Khan cawed his dragon song at her, trying so very hard to blow magic from his lungs as he had seen Tinek do. The ice still would not come, but try he might, looking fantastically un-ferocious as he fluttered his wings and cawed and croaked. “You could play with Khan along the way,” she suggested happily, wondering what the young girl would have to say.

@[Myrrine]
Image Credit

Watermel0nBob
M
Y
R
R
I
N
E

Pausing to listen as the royal spoke once again, the filly lifted her tiny cranium in her direction. A frown graced her features as Kahlua revealed her own sad story, and the spotted on turned around, dipping her head in sympathy,"I'm sorry to hear that. It must have been as hard for you as it is for me." Letting her eyes roam the painted beauty's, she couldn't help but feel she was good of heart. She had already grown to like her, and her little companion too. The scaly one was growling beneath her belly, looking as if he was attempting to blow something out of his mouth. She could only smile, squealing in his face playfully, before her ears flickered over at the mare once more.

Looking up she only blushed, shyly looking away and lightly scoffing a hoof,"Oh, well thank you for the compliment. I hope I can learn to fly too... although it seems rather scary." Her eyes brightened suddenly at the thought of soaring like a bird over the trees, making her way through dense forest and over vast lakes, the air in her mane and the feeling of being free. Perhaps she would give her wings a try sometime. At the mention of Kahlua's home, and of her friends that might know how to get Myrrine home, the filly only smiled an appreciative smile, dipping her head politely and stepping forward in an attempt to press her muzzle against the paint's shoulder, all in a means of friendship.

"I thank you for offering me help, but I don't think I will be returning to my home anytime soon. I feel fate is what brought me here," she responded softly, a slight mournful look in her eyes. She would miss her mother, her old home and what she knew, but she knew that things changed, and she didn't expect to have a happy ending for long, they just never seemed to be in her favor. She quickly returned from her own thoughts, brightening up and smiling sweetly,"I would love to come with you and meet your friends though! If that's okay... and Khan is it's name? That's very nice."

With a swish of her fluff and a flicker of her delicate wings, Myrrine pranced forward, coming to a stop next to the Edge Queen, looking at her with expectant eyes. She was ready to go on this adventure that the mare was offering, and looked forward for what was in store in her new life here in Helovia.

Text
Thought
"Speech"

OOC: Lead the way Your Majesty :P
WC: 425
Image Credit