the Rift

[OPEN] A saccarine hello
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia had not lied when she said the journey to the Basin was long. But, fortunately for Sekhmet, this creature with a flawless, eidetic memory knew the land with perfect intimacy. Her route was shorter, cutting through the edges of the Hidden Falls. The cascading elms of the threshold fell away to the crash of water falls in the distance, and they moved by without hesitation. "The Hidden Falls is there," she said, indicating with a gesture of her mousey muzzle.

Evenings called for rest, sleeping comfortably beneath a blanket of stars. Over the days, the seasons changed subtly, birds calling as they pushed northward. Winds warmed, and Ophelia called her north. A tundra, vast and empty they traversed, nose pointed for the mountains. Days passed until the narrow, hidden entrance to the Aurora Basin was before them, and Ophelia smiled. "Welcome home," she said.

The Forsaken loped up the narrow path and past the two, massive metal robotic creatures that guarded the entrance. Like statues, they stayed still, recognizing their new queen and ignoring her guest. "An Engineer in our ranks created these to protect us from the outside," she said. "I have heard them make a siren noise once, but otherwise, they stand guard."

Ophelia lead her finally to the Basin, surrounded by vast mountains on all sides save for the narrow entrance. Spring had already started here, the snow melting as various grasses grew thickly on the ground. Beautiful mountain firs towered to the sky, and the unfrozen lake sparkled in the daylight. "The caves are around the edges - you may choose any empty one to be your own." A bird and a butterfly chased each other nearby, and Tinek landed, the silver dragon bounding for the lake the fish.

@[Sekhmet]
Her first, then others!

Art by: veradaine @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Sekhmet Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Bring forth the darkness

The journey was a long and arduous one to the siren of silver tongues, yet she held no doubt upon her guides direction, for she had assumed the fae had traversed these parts many a time and as the soothing song of the waters collapse, Sekhemet began to wonder what landscape sprawled its borders upon these lands, how soothing its steady thrum sounded to her auds as she flicked an ear oh so slightly as if in welcome to the earthly sounds of aqua and its basin "The Hidden Falls is there," the sweet fae had said, and the words of the location filled the siren’s thoughts with many wonders of natural beauty, ‘what a secretive name.’ she pondered with wonder upon her pale gaze ‘to think of such wonders that reside there.’ And with childish excitement she tossed forth her time in thought of the location. Yet as sure as the whispering winds seasons change did take place, Sekhmet was almost certain she had arrived upon the lands upon Frostfall’s end so in turn as the months became so much more warming to the soul and newfound avian rung forward its sweet call, the siren only assumed it was the season of Birdsong.

An oh what a lovely season it was, the season of new life, awakening. And as days passed the star swathed skies cast forth such a lovely night light to the woman snake and although the evenings called forth such a sleepy state of rest Sekhmet so often wondered upon the deeper meanings of all she had seen and heard, the darker theories would so often blunder through her thoughts too and she of course indulged these shaded thoughts with a light smirk upon her features and a malicious glint upon her pastel eye. Yet across the vast tundra, as far as north could go (in the siren’s thoughts anyhow), they arrived upon the location. An entrance hidden and mysterious, piking almost instantaneously the curiosity of the woman and as she pondered further on the shrouded destination she heard the others voice ring forth. "Welcome home," A light smile adorned Sekhmet’s pale features as she dipped her head in gratitude and with tones that ran like wet satin she ushered forth “Why thank you dearest fae, your company has been most pleasing~”.

And so stood forth sentinels of impressive stature, Sekhmet’s gaze so curiously flitted from one to the other and with a tilt of her head it almost seemed her curiosities where satisfied. "An Engineer in our ranks created these to protect us from the outside," The siren had never seen such thing used as a defense mechanism before, let alone even think that such beings of vast proportion could be fashioned to be a functioning attack drone. Fluttering forth her lashes it shocked the siren so to think of the poof unfortunate soul whom would face off against such creatures and in that moment she felt almost a pang of sympathy to the receiving end of the robotic beings. Yet she responded with a simple yet honeyed; “An engineer? What skill!” and awaited the further word which came after "I have heard them make a siren noise once, but otherwise, they stand guard." Sekhmet was still uncertain upon the sentinels yet she thought no further upon them, at least she would sleep a little safer. “Oh. How curious!” being the only words she uttered forth on butterfly tones.

She was finally guided towards the Basin, enclosed by mountainous shroud only pierced by the small form of the slender entrance and upon the whole, the siren fell almost entranced upon the land in its beauty as she felt as if coming here was truly the greatest thing she could have done "The caves are around the edges - you may choose any empty one to be your own." The other spoke forth and in turn Sekhmet felt a smile once more take forge upon her usually reserved of expressions. Her thawing gaze following that of the silver tainted dragon whom chased forth towards the waters gulf. “How hospitable of you, thank you very much darling fae.” Yet through the calm of her response she felt almost in debt to the kindness of the other, her excitement muffled by the mask of serenity and grace from which she held so dear upon her demeanor.

"Sekhmet Speaks" . 'Sekhmet thinks'

Stock/Art Credits- bleu-claire-stock . fillyrox . Noctera

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
I hold you in like a deep breath

Torleik winced, walking slowly through the thawing Basin with intent to end at the hot springs. His head was aching and the Bloodskald was not particularly in the mood to socialize. The ice that sprang up around his hooves was visible once more, the passive magic easily concealed during Frostfall in the Basin or anywhere with snow. Birds chirping and the scampering of small animals coming forth from their hibernation caught Irelyn's attention and she flitted to and fro, stalking here, observing there, but not hunting. She did not like to hunt unless she had planned to. His little companion was strange in some ways but Torleik did not judge her; she was his, and he loved her - though their relationship was strained as of late.

Shuffling slowly, the dark stallion's audits flicked curiously to the side when he heard voices, thinking he recognized one as Ophelia's. He felt...guilty, for abandoning her at their herd meeting as he had, for being unable to simply put aside his personal feelings for something political and important. The male vowed to make up for it, and directed his course towards the voices. He came upon not just Ophelia, but another mare as well, and his ears flicked back towards his skull in annoyance. Who was this? Why were they here? He was going to have to socialize. Unpleasant.

The Lady of the Basin was telling this newcomer she could choose any of the caves to be her home and his headache throbbed. Not next to mine, he glowered sullenly, not normally such a thundercloud. "Ophelia," greeted the Bloodskald, the warmth that suffused his tone unmistakable. Eyes shifted to this new mare who was also a light tone, with long, flowing mane and tail. His gaze raked over her once, twice, then settled on her face. Expression giving away nothing, he shifted on his feet and opened his mouth once more. "I don't believe we've met. I am Torleik, the Basin General," the rabicano rumbled.

"talk talk talk"

@[Ophelia]
@[Sekhmet]

[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia was certain that Sekhmet's polite words were a lie. If anything her company had been awkward and irritatingly quiet. She had nothing to say, and so she said nothing. Such lack of conversation was rarely considered pleasant. Still, she was grateful for the polite words, even if they had been a lie, and she nodded. Together, they strode up the entrance, explaining the sentinels and agreeing with her accolade of skill. Ulrik was indeed highly skilled for creating such behemoths of protection. Indeed," she agreed. "There are many skilled individuals here, I am learning. But this, perhaps, is the most bold display of power."

Tinek dove into the sparking lake, easily catching a fish on which to snack, and she nodded. Just as she was about to leave the mare alone to explore, the one she wanted to see and did not want to see all at once approached. Why did he have to show up now? Side by side he could compare her strong physique and plain features to the beauty and confidence of this foreigner, and she would pale. Ophelia turned her gaze to the side, suddenly very focused on the mountains. Out of the corner of her eyes she saw the way the general studied Sekhmet, and her confidence tumbled to her hooves.

The pale princess could not deny the warmth Torleik held in his voice with his greeting, and she smiled, gently sliding her gaze back. "Torleik," she returned. He introduced himself, which she was grateful for; introductions were getting more and more difficult in the face of her own inadequacies. Still, she would have to make one more.

"Torleik, this is Sekhmet," she said. "I brought her here from the Threshold." The introduction was simple and honest, and she had no other words of pleasantness in her arsenal. Perhaps, if she was as confident and brave as this stranger, she would have had more to say. But, at this point in time, she stood awkwardly, her long-legged frame shifted her weight once or twice when she was usually so unmoved and steadfast. "I was just about to invite her to explore the land - her new home."

Ophelia smiled. It felt... strained. Did it look strained too?

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

Sekhmet Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Bring forth the darkness

And so came forth another, draped in darkest shroud and horned in ebony. Sekhmet merely raised a brow as he ushered ever nearer and as he spoke to the sweet fae beside her she merely flung forth a bitter smile as she awaited addressing, she then watched in motionless silence as the males gaze flittered over her before meeting her features and Sekhemt felt uncomfortable upon the moment, as if he was to discover the falsities she so often pushed forth. Raising a brow she heard the other cast forth an introduction she had long expected. "I don't believe we've met. I am Torleik, the Basin General," Somehow the males place in this herd almost seemed fitting and upon chasing away the sneer that so desperately wanted to urge forth upon her vocals she responded simply with a voice that seemed more blunt than silk worn “That’s riveting dear.” Her mind temporarily faded to other things as she lay in ponder, then she realised how uninterested her quick remark truly was and amended them with an apologetic look “It 'is' lovely to meet you dear, it truly is.”

She wasn’t sure what plummeted her mood so suddenly yet she could help but notice how forced her responses had become. She used to be such an open minded little snake whom would ponder forth with starlit gaze and burning spirit, yet over years wither she had become such a reserved and honeyed siren of tender tongue and serpents gleam. She was potentially dangerous and although she knew she should have felt afraid of such a thing, she relished in it. Yet the seasons where still young, the past was merely awash with a shallow mess of memories from which she tossed further back into the oceans of her thought. She was in a new home now and she would behave for as long as she could for the fear of providences grasp and the unknown’s hallowed song frightened her far more than any predator or beast of undesirable mention.

She turned her attentions towards Orphelia, of whom she had decided she could not hold negativity for, seeming the little crimson streaked fae came to the trouble to bring her hear, lest Sekhmet wondered if deaths tug truly would have raked forth its skinless grasp. "Torleik, this is Sekhmet," her auds pricked ever so slightly upon the mention of her name, as she lightly dipped her head towards the male "I brought her here from the Threshold." The siren cast forth a smile of fire and honey and spoke forth on vocals much more like the façade she so loved to cast forth “And how very grateful I am that you did dearest fae.” Yet upon this time, she meant her words. However she knew this would be a rarity upon the opalescent hues that so often where cast forth so lavishly from her vocals. She then picked up a sort of sense from the woman, a sense of awkward motion which was only broken by her speech once more. "I was just about to invite her to explore the land - her new home." Sekhmet nodded lightly, returning once more an exhalted gaze to the male as she cast forth her vocals lightly yet deep within the sound there was a darker sense, a poisonous taint that seemed to gloss every deeper motion her words cast “I hope there will not be a problem with such a thing.”

"Sekhmet Speaks" . 'Sekhmet thinks'

Stock/Art Credits- bleu-claire-stock . fillyrox . Noctera

@[Ophelia]
@[Torleik]

Torleik the Bloodskald Posts: 354
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.3 :: 11 HP: 66.5 | Buff: SWIFT
Irelyn :: Plain Griffin :: Molten Dagger RedGod
I hold you in like a deep breath

Icy blue eyes set within dark caves narrowed at this new mare's bored response to his polite welcoming. Was he so unimpressive to this one that she could not be bothered to muster even the fading warmth of a dying hearth's greeting? An amendment to the mare's words was forthcoming but unconvincing to the stallion; if it was lovely, one would make it clear, yes? Even Ulrik, his mad, constantly and ever-distracted cousin could manage more warmth in his being than this...thing.

However, that tone changed when this one, Sekhmet, turned her attention to Ophelia. Something in the newcomer stirred and burned to life and immediately garnered a deep sense of distrust from the stallion. Torleik's gaze glanced to Ophelia, back to Sekhmet, and hardened. "By all means, explore," he said, the coolness of his tone matching the hue of his eyes. "You will be a spy, yes?" the Bloodskald added after a few seconds, an unreadable expression shifting his scarred face.

He let the words sit, unanswered or not, and approached Ophelia, rumbling closely so only she could hear, "When you are finished, I wish to speak with you." Simply as that, the general continued on his path, this small aside finished and the route of his day carrying him elsewhere.

"talk talk talk"

@[Ophelia]
@[Sekhmet]
[Image: 531c0b471919e]

No man is an island.
Pixel by: Tamme :D

Please tag me in all posts! Thank you!
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia watched the back and forth between the sugar sweet, beautiful mare and the cold tones of Torlieik. Her feelings of inferiority faded slightly, but confusion grew. What reason did he had to be so suspicious of this one? Phi blinked when he left, raising a single, arched brow when he practically ordered her to come find her later. The pale princess felt the breath on her ear, words spoken so quietly so that only she could hear.

But then, she turned her attention back to the foreigner, clearing her throat to rid the tension that had settled in the atmosphere. "What he said is very true," she said brightly, smiling just a bit more. "You may choose a cave in which to live, explore, or go visit more of Helovia. The metal creatures at the gate will let you in now that you are one of us."

"A spy would also be useful. I could train you, if you wanted." Ophelia had been and still was, a powerful spy in Helovia. She knew much, was loved by many, keeper of secrets. She had lead her own herd, land won by spying, lying and stealing. Such darkness hung around her in a cloud but never tainted the purest white of her hide.

@[Sekhmet]