the Rift

little miss .s u n s h i n e. [open]

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

A light breeze whispered through the thick woodlands, rustling the leaves and gently coaxing the woodland birds into flight. They twittered overhead, a quiet song in the afternoon. To one side of the small strip of woods rose the mountains. They were tall, daunting, but seemed to lead somewhere. At least that's what the femme wandering along their base hoped.

She was petite, slightly stocky, golden with splotches of bright white. In short, she stood out against the woods like a sore thumb. However, she either didn't notice or didn't care, as she made no effort to conceal herself as she meandered aimlessly through the trees, heading nowhere but nevertheless heading somewhere. She tossed her head at the birds flitting overhead, reveling in their carefree nature, so like her own. Her attention shifted with the breeze, her gaze shifting forward. The trees were thinning, and she had a view of a clearing up ahead.

Kanti paused at the edge of the trees, tilting her head, her ivory locks floating down against her nape. The emerald fields stretching before her were no doubt inviting, but some unknown sense was compelling her to stay in the shade for a bit longer. She wasn't sure what to make of this feeling. Kanti had never been truly alone. Sure, her parents died when she was young, but the herd raised her after that, until she was ready to venture away from them. She hadn't known why, but she felt a calling to something different than her homeland, similar to this knowledge to wait... Wait for what? she wondered silently, still not leaving her post beneath the trees.

Table & Character © RayoDeSoleil | Background Image © B-r-a-c-i-a-t-a.deviantart.com

Query Posts: 48
Hidden Account
Mare :: Equine :: 15 :: 7
Nogard
On this warm Orangemoon day Query decided that she'd go and see what kind of newcomers might be at the Threshold. After all, she was part of a herd now, and the herds were always recruiting.

It had been quite a while since she had come to this part of Helovia, in fact, it had been since she herself was a newcomer to Helovia, having escaped the shade attack in Islime.

Today she noticed a petite filly standing around checking out the scenery seeming of unsure of where to go. "Why, hello there little one. Can I help you out?"

Unregistered

Kanti was almost startled to hear another's voice. She had been gazing peacefully into the distance, almost trance-like, for no reason at all. It probably wasn't a good idea to wander around a land she didn't know alone with her guard totally down, but there you go. She wasn't known for her wariness, anyway - quite the opposite, she enjoyed meeting new equines and had very little sense in the way of self-preservation. And so it was that she came to be standing in the open in a strange land gaping at her new surroundings like an idiot.

Not that she saw it that way. Recovering quickly, she turned to acknowledge the newcomer, pleased to see a mare who seemed interested in giving direction. "Hello," she chirped sweetly, "It's nice to see someone else! I've been wandering in this direction for a few days now. It's very peaceful, but I'm not sure exactly where I'm going. I didn't have a destination in mind, you see, I just thought I might like somewhere else better than where I was." She became aware that she might be oversharing when she didn't even know the femme's name, so she quickly added, "My name is Kanti, by the way."

Table & Character © RayoDeSoleil | Background Image © B-r-a-c-i-a-t-a.deviantart.com

Hidden Account
Nogard
Query watched as the filly jumped a bit when she spoke up. Even though it seemed like she was waiting for something at the same time it seemed that she was just lost in thought and not thus not expecting someone or something to come along.

At least this was a sweet and well mannered filly, Query noted. That made this process of 'recruiting' much easier.

"Well, forgive my manners for not introducin' myself earlier. I'm Query, and it's a pleasure to meet your acquaintance. I'm a member of the Foothills herd, newly under the leadership of a Unicorn by the name of Paladin. We are a herd that take pride in equality. And if you're interested in joinin' I'm sure that Paladin and the others would welcome you."

Unregistered

Kanti listened to the words carefully, sure that this conversation would at least give her a hint as to where she was headed. "It's nice to meet you, Query!" Kanti chirped. She was interested by the invitation - but she was confused. Kanti came from a land of only Equines - she had never heard of this unicorn creature. She tilted her head to one side, confusion etched into her face. "This Paladin and his herd sounds lovely, but might I ask... what is a unicorn?"

She was a little afraid that Query would think her question stupid, as a unicorn was clearly not uncommon in this land - or perhaps it was just this herd. Now she had even more questions. "Are there many strange creatures in this land? Where am I, by the way? I've just wandered here and I haven't the slightest idea anything about the place!"

Hidden Account
Nogard
Query listened intently as the golden child responded. Query wasn't really taken aback too much when she asked just what a Unicorn was after all she didn't even know that they or these magical lands and the inhabitants thereof had even existed a few years ago. Now of course she had met lots of other beings that she never knew existed, including the Lignea Willow.

"Well, a unicorn is a horse much like you and me, but they have horns on their heads. Then there's also Pegasi around which are also horses like us, but they have wings. And there's also a few that seem to have both wings and horns." As she thought back to Xenos and the confusion she had caused the poor guy with her talking of sight. "And there's also dragons and lots of other fascinating creatures. As for where you are, you are in what is called the Threshold of Helovia, where a lot of newcomers to the land come in from. And as I mentioned the land itself is called Helovia."

Unregistered

Kanti contemplated this new information. She had seen plenty of horns and plenty of wings - there were deer and birds back home after all. She simply couldn't imagine any of the various horns or wings she'd seen on a horse. She found herself wondering if these Unicorns and Pegasi were as varied in appearance as just normal Equines were. She could imagine dozens of different birds, trying to picture their wings on a horse's back; the same was true of horns, though her experience with them was somewhat less. And did they all get along? Well, even us normal Equines don't get along all the time, she reasoned, so other species probably don't get along all the time, either.

She didn't know where to start - should she ask about the land of Helovia? Its history? The different species? The other creatures - what did Query call them - dragons? Did the species get along with other species? Should she be afraid of them? Well, that's silly. Paladin is a unicorn, that's what Query said, and we're both Equines. Surely that means I shouldn't fear them! Kanti smiled sweetly. "I'd be happy to join Paladin's herd. But I have so many questions!"

Hidden Account
Nogard
Query watched intently as this golden child processed all she had just learned. The child kind of reminded Query of herself a bit, really curious and eager to learn. She liked that, and was sure that this young one had a bright future ahead of her.

She also saw the questions running through the filly's mind. It was all there in those pale blue eyes.

"I'm glad that you're so eager to learn as well. I think that we'll get along great. Come with me, I'll take you to the Foothills where you can try to meet Paladin in person."

((ooc: I can make a new thread in the foothills or you can up to you))