the Rift

[OPEN] the edge games, an invitation

Kahlua the Sunshower Posts: 662
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3hh :: 9 [Orangemoon] HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Khan :: Common Blue Dragon :: Frost Breath Sevin
KAHLUA
She was not original by any means, but she was capable of copying what she had seen before. An invitation to the Edge, a drawing upon a shard of glass pulled from the shattered wall, made of crushed berries collected by herself and Khan. The red juices streamed across the glass, an image of a cliff with a few coniferous trees upon its ledge. Then below, several crude stick horses in something of a race, galloping towards a line. A finish line? It was not exactly a race that was proposed, but something similar and something rather difficult to convey in a picture. Finally, a moon- an indication that any who wanted to arrive should come in one month’s time. Whatever would make them come, Kahlua only wanted to help her herd. The idea had been a good one, birthed from the womb of her council, and she would make it work.

With five stones settled into her basket, her mecha scorpion taking residence in her forelock, the queen set off for the Basin first. She had a planned route. Basin first, then Falls, then Throat. Then, for the last two stones, one settled upon the ground of the beautiful Rotunda building and one settled beneath a tree in the Thistle Meadow.

Upon arrival at the border of the Basin, the Sunshower’s blue eyes searched almost eagerly for the Gilded Blade. She still did not trust that snake in the snow, and yet there was something about her that was intoxicating and enticing. She longed for a gentle hello, an exchange of information, or something genial. Something else to distract her, because the long trips from herd to herd left her with plenty of time to think. Unfortunately, the ice queen was not to be found. Whinnying out, though staying far back from the sentinels, Kahlua took one of the glass message boards from her basket and settled it onto the muddy ground. Waiting just a moment then, she and Khan retreated from this place. There was much more to be done, they could not linger long.

Kahlua out. This is an invitation to the edge games. Any and all are encouraged to participate!
EDGE
fo Lyfe
Image Credit

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kahlua at any time
for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Please do not tag Kahlua unless it is in an opening post
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken
I'm a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm
they used to shout my name, now they whisper it

Ophelia was used to relying on the sentinels to alert her to those at the border, but this time, whoever was close did not get close enough for them to speak. She did, however, hear the voice of another echo through the mountain halls, and she swiftly picked up a three-beat gait to carry her to the pass. A glass etching rested in the snow, one that she assumed she understood from the pictures. She furrowed her brows, thinking that this must have come from the World's Edge.

She squinted, staring in the distance, but fortunately, Tinek had a greater vantage point. Through his eyes and their bond, she saw the familiar leader: Kahlua. Racing past the metal creatures, she tried to catch up, hooves sliding on the soft, slushy snow and calling out with a cry of her own. Ophelia tried to catch up with the painted leader, but she would understand if she was also too late. The silver dragon flew high over head, twirling and banking on the high winds.

If she had known how to interpret the stone, then perhaps she would have been less keen on catching up to Kahlua. But, she hated to assume that the glass was an invitation to some sort of race. It could just be a notice that they were going to build another glass wall. Phi stumbled to the edge of the mountains, exhaling her frosty breath with a sigh. Maybe she would have to pay them a visit to ask. If the Edge was in fact hosting a race, that would be... fun... right?

Credits: Image by Araxel @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!