the Rift

[PRIVATE] Cabin in the woods (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
I listened to the howling wind, it was still dark, still viscously snarling. "A little while," as if to confirm my judgment the mountain groaned as the wave of another blast was thrust violently.

She curled to the floor, a wide yawn spread those grey lips apart. Revealing the soft looking pink within and stained yellow ivories. I felt the urge whelp in my breast, with a clinched jaw, I stifled it. Crown dipped to her level, as it was considered rude to talk over someone.

A story? My mind sluggishly responded, though the stare I give is a blank one. What tale? A time when things had been good. Full of light, joyous summer afternoons spent beneath the sun and sea. Lids fluttered shut and ears slide back, I could almost hear the waves crashing on a pale colored surf. The sound of gulls overhead. Laughter, their eyes full of luster, a child-like innocence that hadn't been spoiled with lies, or sorrow.

"A story," I repeated, depthless pools opened, peering toward her but not looking directly at. "One comes to mind." Right forehoof rose, bending before gently falling back to the ground. A small spread of gold ran past my foot, and vanished a moment later. "Would ye hear of how I came to have gold follow my steps?"

They had been playing by the shore, "Tallsun was unforgiving that year, my sons came to play by the water. Endless Blue," yar, I remembered how good that bubbly salt felt on my back.

It was during our play that I saw something flicker in hindsight. A miraculous and terrifying sea dragon. The sleek frame, impossibly darker then a moonless night, breasted the water and became momentarily airborne over its ocean home. An impressive sight yar, but also one that invoked fear. Because even from our vantage we could see the flash of white from its belly before the serpent disappeared from sight. I'd harbored for the briefest of moments that yon creature was a harmless whale.

Nay, what whale could boast such size this close to shire? It was thrice the length of any whale I'd ever seen.

With haste born from uncertainty and fear, I called for the children. It was impossible to guess if said monster meant harm, but I wasn't willing to chance their lives on a foolish hunch. Any notion of hope that the dragon was only hunting and would give us no grief is quickly set aside when we caught the faintest glimpse of contrasting scales slipping over waves. This creature was heading straight for shore and consequently for us.

Though I move to stand between the children and the momentarily submerged sea creature, my actions are pointless. There was scarcely time to react before that dragon flops gracelessly upon the pale sand with a golden fish dangling from its jaws. But Instead of attack, the creature did a most miraculous thing, it spoke.

Tis a friendly god, not one of wrath. Indeed the serpent was much like a child...eager, enthusiastic. Enyo, she called herself. The mighty one seemed as curious about us as we were of her. The little fish which hung from her jaw was thrown at my feet. Though it was no ordinary ornamental.

I paused, glancing her way. Was Africa still interested?

@[Africa]

MIDAS

[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Cabin in the woods (closed) - by Midas - 12-03-2014, 10:10 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Africa - 12-04-2014, 05:59 AM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Midas - 12-04-2014, 03:39 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Africa - 12-04-2014, 05:41 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Midas - 12-04-2014, 10:20 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Africa - 12-05-2014, 06:07 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Midas - 12-05-2014, 10:14 PM
RE: Cabin in the woods - by Africa - 12-06-2014, 02:27 AM