the Rift

[PRIVATE] You look like my next mistake.

Nasreen Posts: 160
Up For Adoption
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15.1 hh :: 6 (Orangemoon)
Adoptable

He knows the way back! Nasreen feels her heart leap, then pound in her ears as the thoughts race through her head once more. If he could take her…yes, someone would—and then—! The painted mare struggles to catch her breath as she is overcome by fresh excitement. “Why do you wish to know?” Bucephalus asks, perhaps with the subtlest hint of a frown wrinkling his chiseled features. But Nasreen does not notice yet another sign of his wariness, so caught up in the moment is she. “I can tell you right off the bat, none in Sehrau save the descendants of the royal line know even rumors of lands outside our own. Th'orqui happens to be one of the ones we vaguely know of."

“But…someone knows, then,” Nasreen responds, voice breathy with hope. “Oh, Bucephalus, I’d do anything to go home, even if I had to track down and find every soul of noble blood. Maybe it’s just a chance, but…how could I not try?”

Yet the gold-speckled stallion does not seem to share her enthusiasm. “I’m sorry,” he tells her, pressing his forehead to her own. And though a strange warmth courses through her at his touch, she is distracted, drunk on hope. It is all she can do not to demand that he take her there now. “Sorry for what?” she replies, not understanding his pity.

"Judging by your butchering of my homeland's name... I take it you do not know of Sehrau?" he asks, and she shakes her head in the negative, a little embarrassed that she had pronounced his kingdom’s name so awkwardly. “No,” she murmurs truthfully, albeit abashedly, “I never knew of such a kingdom. Perhaps my brother did,” she adds as an afterthought, almost forgetting to be angry at Quil in her state of joy. The quarrel between them would be laid to rest anyway, once she found the way back home. Yes, the maiden thinks, if she found the way back…Th’orqui would have a king once more, and she…she would have her brother.

“Please,” she pleads, turning clear gray eyes on his golden ones. “Will you take me there? Or at least tell me the way?”

@[Bucephalus]

"speech"

[/quote]
Please do not tag Nasreen except for in opening posts and in spars!

Messages In This Thread
You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 12-04-2014, 02:31 AM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 12-04-2014, 10:04 PM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 12-10-2014, 03:15 PM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 12-17-2014, 03:11 AM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 01-18-2015, 02:16 AM
RE: You look like my next mistake. - by Nasreen - 01-24-2015, 04:20 PM