the Rift

[PRIVATE] From Sword to Shadow

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds

Inside eyes of deep ink and hidden secrets, Essetia found a different kind of strength. Ghost was a peculiar creature whose very presence seemed to make the bay’s skin crawl. It was not out of fear or repulsion but more so from glimpsing what appeared to be a woman of contradiction. Her smooth smile and hungry eyes were glazed with something that Essetia couldn’t place but she possessed a kind of humility that allowed the bay to welcome her with open arms.

Soft waves of sound broke through the thick wall of expectation between them. Essetia did not find herself disappointed by the loose formality that clearly gave name to the shadowy mare, her Czarina. “Essetia it is. It’s nice to put a face to the name, though I can’t say I’ve met your counterpart,” she lulled. “I can assure you that you’ve interrupted nothing of importance either. It’s taken me a bit longer to settle than I’d intended… but I must say, the Falls has lived up to its name,” Essetia related more casually.

However, when Ghost’s dark, curious eyes sought out the canine resting at Essetia’s feet, the bay smiled. Most others found Romul to be threatening or alarming, Kipling aside. But the way Ghost seemed to covet his presence impressed his companion. “This is Romul,” she smiled. “Don’t let him fool you though; he’s not your average bond mate. He’s got a quick temper and bite to match,” she stated while peering down at the wolf. The mention of his name had made Romul curious and though he remained at Essetia’s hooves, he fixed a golden gaze on the winged Czarina.

The canine groaned impatiently before rising and shaking the tension from his muscles. “Go. Greet our new lead.” Essetia prodded silently across the enchanted tie that linked their two minds together. At first, Romul was hesitant if not irritated by her persistence to perturb him. But when the mare huffed softly at him, he complied… reluctantly.

Romul had always been an elegant creature in Essetia’s mind but she had never truly admired his beauty the way others seemed to do. Ghost only aided in reminding the bay exactly what treasure she’d uncovered in the Edge so long ago. Without Romul, she wasn’t sure where she would be today… and that wasn’t something she’d ever want to imagine.

Her pale eyes curved over the wolf’s back, watching his shoulders and the way his ears flicked toward various sounds yet detected by her own. His approach was slow and calculated. However, there was nothing in his posture to suggest that he found anything unusual about the mare other than an unfamiliar creature that would remain under constant scrutiny until he felt safe enough to trust her.

When he had reached the shadowy Czarina, he extended a soft nose up toward her own in a display of both compromise and greeting. He would serve her willingly should all go well but there was little doubt as to where his loyalties truly lie.

Essetia
image credits
Table by Nicole (Niki)

@[Ghost]

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
From Sword to Shadow - by Ghost - 12-04-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: From Sword to Shadow - by Essetia - 12-05-2014, 01:10 AM
RE: From Sword to Shadow - by Ghost - 12-15-2014, 11:13 AM
RE: From Sword to Shadow - by Essetia - 12-16-2014, 02:21 PM