the Rift

[PRIVATE] Beautiful Things

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

“Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.”

It's getting warmer. The snow is melting farther south, or so i've heard. Others speak of something akin to... what was it? Birdtweet? I was pretty sure that wasn't it. The songs of the morning bi- That was it! Birdsong! My head tilts to the side as i mull that over. Odd name to call a new season, to call Spring. Back to topic; i was honestly not looking forward to the warmer weather. As much as i hated and feared winter's breath(It was the season of death, after all.), i feared the heat more. The heat dried my throat, coated my limbs in sweat and brought unpleasant thoughts of fire from the depths of Hell. No, i was definitely a more 'die by ice' man. So i found a refuge, a place somewhere in the mountains a day's run/trot/walk/nap from the Edge. I found this place shortly after my arrival, and to say i was enamored... well that was an understatement.

My hooves clop on the icy floor of the cave, the sound echoing through the icy tunnel. Oh, there were many things to fear in this place; What if the frozen icicles fell and impaled me? What if the cave collapsed, leaving me trapped in the dark to starve to death? On that last note, i most likely would try to die via the first. Death, it seemed, was the sole thing i didn't fear. I've wished for it to take me many times, but as it never did... i endured. I always endured. So i entered the frozen cave, finding a niche away from the wind where i could rest in moderate comfort.

My thoughts trail to the Basin, the unicorns of the north. How could they live in this frigid air constantly? I could only tolerate this cave for a day before i returned to my ho-..herd. Thor had yet to comment on my constant roamings, so i assume it was something common. A part of me felt bad; i wished to please my bland anul, but the thought of all those equines... of myself standing among them... I just... no. I couldn't. They were better; every one of them had coats glorious, decorative, possessed something about them that screamed uniqueness. Even Thor with his giant body and air of nobility. And what did i possess? Endurance.

I shake my head, rubbing my cold muzzle against my leg, snapping myself from pensive thoughts that threatened to take my mind to a darker twist. This was my sanctuary, a cold place of peace, yes, but i'd not desecrate it's beauty with my own ugliness. My head raises, eyes focusing on the outside as snow began to fall in an almost...lazy way. But as lazy and cold as snow was, it was ever so beautiful.

I was a foul creature in a beautiful world.

Word Count:481 Tags:@[Essetia]

Please tag Cetan in all posts.
Any force is allowed against Cetan short of killing him.

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
With the Falls fading quickly into the dim colors of the setting eve, Essetia and Romul moved gracefully toward the North. The sun’s dying light washed the pair in a sparkling golden cloak that danced and swayed along their muscles and quivering flesh. Like two innocent children, they kicked and nipped and raced one another toward the dawning of nightfall. It had been some time since Essetia had been so carefree and so young. The death of her mother and an absentee father had done little to nurture the filly in childhood and though she had grown and matured, there were still vagrant moments in which she laughed and played. However, they were never shared moments… they were reserved solely for she and Romul in memory of their premature ascent into responsibility.

With Birdsong now upon them, Essetia relished the coming of color and life. She longed to lay eyes on the blooming of the wild flowers and the melting of the ice and snow. Spring was her favorite season and it often brought about a sense of adolescence in the mare. Romul, being the devout creature that he was, cherished those summer nights spent alongside his companion. They were an inseparable force of will and reckoning; they were strong, if only because of one another.

A mixture of cloud and earth merged along the plains of Helovia and into the sullen swells of the Frozen Arch. It had been years since Essetia had seen the rising pillars of ice that once mirrored her curious eyes. Now, though she anticipated what she would find among the crystalline figures, she feared the expression she’d find looking back. Romul whined softly at her shoulder as they slowed to wander aimlessly before the various caverns before deciding upon one in particular in which to explore.

However, the clattering of hoof and paw upon the icy floor did little to hide the guttural snarl that rose up from the wolf’s gut at the sight of another. Essetia leaned into him to keep the canine from berating the stranger but she did not scold him verbally as fair warning to their guest that she did not come unprepared. Basin residents often visited the Arch in their spare time and knowing that made Essetia bristle at the Unicorn who now accompanied them.

Romul doesn’t take kindly to Basin threats my friend, so if you value your pretty little coat, you’d better reassure him otherwise,” she commented curtly. Her eyes were hard and emotionless. She had never in all her years come face-to-face with the likes of a Unicorn enthusiast, but she assumed there was a first for everything.
Credits!

@[Cetan]

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Unregistered

Sounds approach, and i raise my head. Had someone else found my retreat? I didn't dare assume it was a secret; there were hoofprints in the ice. But, i considered it somewhat private. Maybe i was wrong. Maybe this was the home of some loner.

A figure blocks the light of the entryway. I can't make out the face, or any features. But the growl that reverberates through the arch sends chills down my spine. Wolf. My ears instantly pin back, and i scramble backwards away from the pair. Why was the wolf not mauling the horse? She speaks again, and my eyes widen. Basin threat? My head whips around, searching the darkness behind me, heart pounding. Surrounded. I was surrounded and there was a thre- wait. There was no one behind me.

I turn to look back at the mare(The voice was undoubtedly feminine) in utter confusion. But my gaze flickered to the wolf, and i could feel every muscle screaming at me to flee. "I'm not b-Basin. I come from World's Edge!" I back up slowly, head tucked down low. The duo blocked the only exit to this cave, and i can feel the walls shrinking around me.

"I-i swear, i'm no threat. Fie pace!" I pleaded, gaze flickering to the wolf once more. Was it going to maul me now? Scars across my hind legs stung in memory of a wolf's bite. Steeling a bit of resolve, i lower my head and pointed my dual horns at the wolf. It would normally be a downright threatening display... if not for the shaking in my knees.

Fie pace: Be at Peace

Word Count:268 Tags:@[Essetia]

Brown-flecked eyes gaze mercilessly back into those of cerulean before looking away in shock. The Edge? Despite Romul’s continued attempts to frighten the young stallion, Essetia no longer finds him to be a threat. She stamps an impatient hoof against the hard, icy ground before reaching out across the bond that would ultimately silence her wolf. “He’s not a threat Romul. Stop.” The canine glances back to the mare to make sure that she’s certain before backing away to perch at her shoulder. However, his narrowed golden eyes do not leave the cowardly animal so easily.

Looks like you’re in luck today… as long as what you speak is the truth.” The mare smiled amusedly at the young creature with the dual horns as he cowered near the back of the cavern. She’d never seen such a fearful thing, let alone one as bold as to travel to the Arch alone. “I’m Essetia and this is Romul,” she stated nonchalantly. It was as if their previous interactions had gone unnoticed; all was quickly forgotten.

The mare and her companion had much bigger things to worry about… such as trying to weasel information from the spineless Unicorn. She needed to know if her father had returned to Helovia and she needed to do so in the most unassuming fashion she could possibly fathom. “You’re from the World’s Edge, hm? What’s it like there?” she questioned. There was something steely in the way she spoke to him, as if a mother to her child. With a mission to complete, Essetia was all business.

Don’t be so hard Ess,” Romul prodded. His presence in her mind made Essetia look away from her subject shamefully. She had never been so unfeeling before but with so much riding on what this stallion could provide, she was afraid to let him by without so much as a tiny investigation of his knowledge. She was determined and if the silly, little horned-horned one wasn’t sharing what she thought to be the truth… she had ways of calling him on his bluff.

"What did you call me?"
Credits!

@[Cetan]

Unregistered

I stare at the wolf, every tendon, every muscle trembling with a violent shudder that rocked my entire body. I hardly notice when the mare stamps her hoof, my gaze locked to that of the wolf's, even as he backs up to her side. I twitch at her words, and tear my gaze away from the beast to her, although kept him in my view. She'd think i'd lie? When faced with possible death? I was trapped here.

I hardly care about her name, or it's, and i move away, backing up more into the depths of the cave. I knew not where it led, but if i must i was willing to bolt down there in blind terror, even if it led to my death in a place where my body would never be found. But i freeze at her question. She wished to chat? Truly? With a wolf at her side? "I-i don't really know. I've not been there lo-long." I stammer out, nostrils flaring as i duck my head.

She speaks again, and her voice whips out at me. I shrink back, swallowing before once again i speak. "Milă, nothing. I called you nothing!" I knew not how to say what i could say in my own tongue here, i may have a good grasp on this language, but there were still quite a few words that i knew not the translation of, nor how to explain what they meant. But i had to try. "Words...not of you. Despre tine." I can't hide the frustration in my words. I don't even bother.

Milă: Mercy
Despre tine: About you

Word Count:266 Tags:@[Essetia]

Romul

The horned-one is nothing like my Essetia. He is a coward and a fool… I can’t help but snarl at him, condemn him for his weakness. His eyes never leave me and I give him a wolven smile in return. Silly horse, he thinks I’m some viscous predator which I suppose I am. But never have I disobeyed an order from my companion… it is not something we bond mates are capable of. However, if I could take just a small chunk of skin from that damn uni-

ROMUL,” Essetia wails.

She always interrupts everything. No climax for me…

The stupid horned-one backs away as if I plan to lunge at him and at some point I should have but of course I refrain. Essetia would mentally break down, scream and cry, maybe even beat the shit out of me. Her callous gaze finds me, all knowing. I guess she’s just grown used to my constant refusal to sit down and agree with everything she does… serves her right for uprooting us from the Edge.

When the ugly stallion says something in that awkward way of his, stammering and stuff -idiot- I sigh. Essetia is decidedly less uneasy and she nods slightly at him before adding, “I’m sorry, it’s just with all of the murders lately… I’ve been on edge.” Funny… edge, World’s Edge, where we should be.

She looked back at me with blank eyes. She’s frustrated and I could tell but it didn’t stop me from glaring quietly at the horned-one as she waited for his reply. Ah, but he thinks he’s going to get away with yelling at my companion and I snarl and yelp at him, a warning. But of course Essetia feels sympathetic towards him and tries to amend the situation… always so nice and understanding. “I don’t understand your language! That’s all… Sorry, I thought you said something else. Forgive me,” she says.

I nearly vomit.

That weasel wouldn’t have gotten away with it if it were me. I sit back onto my quarters while glaring disdainfully at the foolish stallion. Clearly he doesn’t know a good Samaritan even if she’s standing right in front of him. “If you don’t stop, I’ll find a way to block you out,” Ess retorts in my head.

Then stop being such a wussy,” I throttle back.

If only she knew what males really thought when dealing with such soft-hearted females like her. I only wanted her to be respected and looked after. I just wish she understood…

Can we start again? What’s your name?

Why does she persist in annoying the absolute hell out of me?
Credits!

@[Cetan]