the Rift

[PRIVATE] Come Closer, You're Not In Danger Yet

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cetan

Life has a way of kicking us when we’re down. And just when we think we can’t fall any lower, we get kicked again.

Cold. Oh yes, it's cold. Such a cruelly lovely thing. My body shudders as i follow an old game trail through the foothills of this range. The cold air bites at every winter coat-bare spot on my body, sinking into my skin like the talons of an eagle. Did that make me a fish or a mouse? I'd rather be a fish... no, a mouse. Could i be a mish? Did eagles eat mish?

I shake my head, a smile curling my dark lips. Alone, i could smile. None would be here to erase it from my face, to throw their bitter words and cruel phrases at me. I lift my head, a quick toss shifting my pale locks out of my eyes so i could gaze at my surroundings clearly. The snow that seemed to constantly fall speckled my already dappled back. I shake myself off, then follow the trail to a frozen lake. Well, pond really. I'd never seen ice coat water like this; in the Long Winter, snow covered everything up to your chest, and previous winters in my old herd were mild. Probably meant we should have known what was going to happen.

Carefully i walk towards this shining surface, tapping it with a hoof. It is like the glass of the Edge Wall, but... it powders when my hoof strikes it. Curious. I shrug to myself and proceed to walk across it.... or that was the plan, anyway.

The moment both forelegs were on the ice, i lost my footing. Hooves scrabbled on ice to keep me upright, sliding me out deeper onto the ice until eventually, i lost the fight and fell. I laid there, sprawled like a colt not yet learnt to stand, dazed and downright confused. What just happened? I pull my legs close to stand, only to have them slide back out. Luckily the fall wasn't so bad this time; my body was starting to ache something terrible.

Fear rose in my throat. I was far from Edge, unable to stand, and the snow... was it falling harder?!(It wasn't, but paranoia does strange things.) I was going to die. This was it. I kept trying to regain my footing, until, lo and behold, i managed it. I froze in place, unwilling to move even an inch lest i fall again. Now... to figure out how to get back to the solid snow ground.

Word Count: 403 Tags: @[Saffron]
Background Credits!Valanee.devianart.com | Lineart

Please tag Cetan in all posts

Permission is given for all force against Cetan provided it doesn't kill him.

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
Exploring the Frostbreath Steppe, somewhere I've never been before, I find myself following a game trail and .. some prints of an equine. They smell fresh, and I wonder who I will find at the end of the trail. It's not a scent I'm familiar with, but I recognize it as being similar to that of Jahzara.. The smell of the Edge. I am not familiar with many of them, and I have yet to form an overarching opinion of those who live there. I walk out of the path, making sure to keep the scent fresh. I stop when I hear scraping sounds and the sounds of panic.

I walk quietly through the snow and don't even notice that it is leaving a solid layer upon my striped pelt. My tail twitches gently back and forth as I stop and watch the scene before me with idle curiosity. A somewhat gangly youth, strangely colored with much lighter hair than body. The two horns on his head are the same bright, light blue color as his startled eyes. I chuckle as I watch him struggle to stay balanced on the ice, clearly having just risen up again based off his disheveled appearance.

I move forward and into his view should he glance over his shoulder, consciously staying off the ice so I may not suffer the same fate as he. I curl my long, thick tail around my body and watch him for a moment in silence. Finally, I think I shall let him know that there is someone watching him, if he hasn't already seen me. "You might have thought about that ice before boldly venturing on it." My voice is cool, not betraying the amusement that dances slyly in my eyes and at the corners of my lips. Though the smile tugs across my facial muscles, I keep it at bay. I'd rather gently mock him first before opening into mirth.

"Speech."

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.

Cetan Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Cetan

Life has a way of kicking us when we’re down. And just when we think we can’t fall any lower, we get kicked again.

My mind wheels for a way to get out of this situation without falling back down. How could i explain the bruises when i return? I'd be a laughing stock... not that i hadn't been before. I go to raise a hoof, and can feel my other feet begin to give way, and quickly i scramble, cloven feet scratching at the ice as i propel myself towards the safety of the snowy bank. I nearly weep with joy when my forehooves hit snow, and i scramble onto the bank... to come face-to-face with a tiger.

A speaking tiger.

For a moment i can only stare in slack-jawed shock, the fear not kicking in yet due to the sheer ridiculousness of this situation. Then horror dawns on my expression, and i rear back with a shrill whinny, turning heel and bolting after snapping a kick towards the tiger. But the only thing that lay behind me was the ice, and the moment my hooves hit it i fell once again, but thankfully slid away.

For a moment i laid there, stunned and out of breath, before i raise my head to gaze at the tiger in white-eyed fear. "Y-y-you speak! Diavolul!" I shudder, legs flailing as i try once again to regain my footing and haul all the ass i can out of there. I've felt the bite of a pard's claws before, and it's left it's scars on my hide. I had no intentions of adding to the collection of knotted, silver scars across my body.

Diavolul: Devil

Word Count: 256 Tags: @[Saffron]
Background Credits!Valanee.devianart.com | Lineart

Please tag Cetan in all posts

Permission is given for all force against Cetan provided it doesn't kill him.

Saffron Posts: 61
Aurora Basin Soldier atk: 5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Mare :: Other :: 46" :: 2 HP: 58.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Lauren
The young brute manages to find his way to solid footing, and I can see his visible relief. Not that I blame him, I don't know of any who are comfortable on unfamiliar and shaky ground. He lands himself just in front of me, and when he raises his head to meet my gaze, to see and hear me speak... Surprise is the look that first greets me, but it quickly morphs into panic, though that would be an understatement. Absolute terror fills his crystalline blue eyes. He jumps back, back to the ice he just rescued himself from, and I chortle quietly with amusement. There is no way I can mask it this time. Clearly, he has never seen a tiger speak, if he's ever seen a tiger before in his young life. Though I am as young as he - perhaps younger - I have experienced more oddities than he has experienced. He slips on the ice and falls again, sliding away from him. I move forward to sit on the edge of the frozen pool, watching him calmly as he sputters his amazement. Is that an obscenity that he calls me? I swipe a paw at the air in a half-hearted threat. "I'm not sure what you just called me, but you should respect a lady." I re-situate myself and wait for his apology, preparing to forgive him his trespass. My tail twitches in the slowly-melting snow. Those blue and black spiral horns, I wonder if he is one of the many unicorns that inhabits the Basin. Have I yet to meet him? I did not think to pay attention to his scent as he came near. I lift my nose up slightly, trying to catch it and decipher. Beyond wherever he may come from, it's his masculine scent of testosterone that could nearly knock me over. I may have to learn more about him the old fashioned way.. if he calms down enough to converse rationally.

"Speech."

SAFFRON
Image Credits
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Saffron excluding dismemberment and death.