the Rift

[PRIVATE] [Ophelia] beneath our feet

Abraham Posts: 113
Absent Abyss atk: 4.5 | def: 8.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Hybrid :: 17.3 hh :: Three years HP: 71 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time
running all the lights with the girl of his dreams
The snow here was thick, but with strong legs the colt moved through with ease. The winter around Helovia was weaning with the coming of Birdsong, but this place was untouched. His last visit to the northern realm was short, and he was young, and it was not as he remembered. He had been accompanied by his wombmate and their father's bitch, Loretta, and the trio met the delicate blue filly. Abraham wondered if she would appear here again, in the snow, in her kingdom. Your kingdom to be. Gwyn pressed, flying high above her bondmate, unseen. Abraham gave her emotional affirmation, but not words transferred from his mouth or through their bond. He was following a scent--so hard to catch in this snow--and he was determined to find it. He was looking for the pure mare marred by crimson, who had defended him in a maternal sort of way from the stranger in the caves, and had also been to the scene of a murder recently, where he was as well. He did not get time to truly speak the volumes of curiosity that bloomed in his deep chest, thus why he sought her in this vast, frozen place.

The devouring itch and desire to devour meat that the demented fruit had given him was gone now, with no warning and no aftermath. The flies had also left, in the blink of an eye, but the yearling had been weak for days after their departure. The sciamachy between him and defeating the flies had left him emotionally and physically ragged, but it had strengthened him in the long run. Suffering brought perseverance, and the son of hellion was not afraid of defeating suffering, or dealing it out. What did not kill him merely made him greater, gave him more glory, more reason to boast in his talents and abilities. Abraham, brother of Reginald, son of Archibald the Dauntless and Circe, was not to be thwarted any longer.

This showed in the amulets that bumped against his neck as he trotted through the snow. The deep purple of the jewels were held together and tied intricately into his mane and around his neck. Not only was he on a mission to discover all he could about this power that killed many and left gods in reverent fear, he was also on a mission to take what he deserved: power. The Moon Goddess had tasked him with charge over these amulets in return of his request. He would do so well, for Abraham learned to execute excellence in all manners--benevolent or malevolent--from those who taught him. He had even learned this by watching Gwyneverre. The serpent never left a meal to rot, no, she was careful in her hunting and not wasteful. She did well to use all that she needed and left nothing to chance. Even in battling, Gwyn was efficient. She had blasted the tribrid with her white flames well, never endangering her bondmate. Abraham noticed everything, even in his own time of battle, and took it to his memory.

He noticed everything, and he knew he was not the only one. Ophelia, the hybrid just as he (with mismatched eyes to top it off), was too intelligent not to notice the important aspects of this inspection, this mission, and Abraham knew he could find answers in her.

[He's travelling to the Frozen Arch, but is currently still in the bridge of land that leads to the threshold/fields/falls/etc.]

abraham
art by neo || coding by neo

Holy water cannot help you now
Thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money
I don't want your crown
See I've come to burn your kingdom down

pixel by tamme
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken
I'm a princess cut from marble, smoother than a storm
they used to shout my name, now they whisper it

Ophelia had just lifted her gaze, having been staring at her hooves so long, she did not realize where she was going anymore. The death of Phaedra, her mother, Ailith and others she did not know pressed down on her shoulders, suffocating the languid and tranquil shimmer of her personality. Fascinating how time, heartache and responsibility weighed so firmly and terribly on the the body. The light in her eyes was dulled considerably, muscles in her face so lax that they barely clung to the bones beneath.

She was selfish to ask what she had done to deserve this, but the question bitterly hung on her lips anyway. The death made her angry, the pain too much to bear for long periods of time. Who dared kill these beautiful lives? Who dared to play god and brutally murder those she had one protected?

Tinek sailed overhead smoothly, wings able to swiftly navigate the cool, dense air. She felt his concern and empathy over the deaths of the ones she loved, only somewhat able to understand the ache that nestled like a tumor in a corner of her heart. The dragon had seen, long before she did, the boy and his pale female approach, and the creature dropped to another gale, slowly descending to meet the two head on. His insistence had caused her to raise her head, even if she had not realized it consciously. She often got stuck inside her own thoughts, overwhelmed by her past.

Strange, two colored eyes narrowed, wondering what Abraham and his Gwyn were doing so far north. She picked up a light jog, carefully moving through the thick hills of snow past the arch to where he stood on the land bridge, lake and ocean on either side. Ophelia let out a soft call to the pair, unperturbed by how close they were to the home she now ruled. She was not paranoid like her father, much more apt to wait and see what others would do before assuming the worst - in most cases, that is.

"Abraham," she said, once he was in range to hear. "How are you? What brings you this far?" The question held nothing but curiosity, the tone joined in evidence by the interest sparkling in her otherwise dulled gaze. Tinek swept down swiftly to join, the elder dragon saying his hellos. He was truly coming into himself.

Credits: Image by Araxel @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Gwyneverre :: Plain White Dragon :: Fire Breath & Brienne :: Royal Gold Dragon :: Frost Breath Time

Gwyneverre noticed the approaching pair before Abraham did, and as she sent mental images of the flashing silver and blood-stained white, Abraham grinned darkly. It was as if the world was pulling his requests to be, bringing the pale mare to his unspoken beck and call. Slowing his body to a walk for a few lengths before stopping, the dark prince waited for the mare to approach him. The draconian bitch lowered from her flight to circle around Tinek, her eyes bright and her voice singing out in gentle song towards the royal. It was only when the darkling youngster saw his companion around other dragons did he realize how small she was. Tinek outweighed her heavily, Abraham could see, but he knew well not to underestimate his bonded. He had not noticed the blatant size difference so heavily before, for in their previous meeting the son of the Dauntless and Shadowmere had been but a colt, and his dragon just over the age of hatchling. Now, however, Abraham nearly matched the height of the pale mare as he was coming into his second year. His long legs screamed the breeding of his mother, but his raw power and rippling muscle gave way to the dominating genetics of his father and his father before him.

"Ophelia," The boy breathed her name, his amulets bumping against his neck as he nodded his head in regard to her. "I am here seeking your knowledge." There was no use in beating around bushes and hiding his desires behind flashy words and phrases of power, as Reginald was so keen to do. Abraham was equal with his brother in many ways, but he did not hide behind a facade of eloquence. His power was apparent, and his desires would be told bluntly to those he sought from, much like he had done with the Moon Goddess just before this meeting with Ophelia. "I want to know what you know about the Helovian murderer."

Abraham wondered if the leggy mare would ask about the string of amulets that he displayed. In his meetings with others it was an aspect of normalcy to see Helovians with one or two of the powerful orbs, but he had an armory tied into his thick mane by moonlight and stars. Even his father only had one amulet, an earth amulet that glowed the deepest of greens, and Loretta was queen over it. The bitch moved it when the Dauntless moved, Abraham knew, and she protected it well. It had yet to be shattered, to unleash its power. Abraham's were, too, unbroken, twinkling with the darkness inside that the Goddess would gift him at the end of his trials.

[Phi has full permission to read Abraham's mind, btw. <3 @[Ophelia] ]

abraham

I don't want your money
I don't want your crown

pixel by tamme
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Forsaken

Tinek spied the white dragon, smiling with scaled lips and tucking his wings to his body for a showing roll. He snapped out of the spiral by bursting his silver wings open and gliding carefully to a halt, chirping in response to her pretty song. She was still a baby with much to learn, and just as Comadre had once taught him, he wanted to impart some knowledge upon the smaller one. Tinek opened his jaws and bellowed a spray of ice and static, the sound crackling like lightning. Then, he urged her to use her power with a poke of his nose.

Ophelia, used to hearing the sounds of cracking ice and snapping static ignored the dragon. Many times, they had been alone in the forest, walking, and a bark of static preceded the death of a meal. Instead, she observed the boy, marveling at how he had grown and eyeing the thick bundle of amulets around his neck. She could easily peer into his mind and see what they were for, but she preferred to give him the honor of his story.

"You have grown," she said affectionately, a genuine smile on her lips. Then, she gave him the stage to speak his piece, and she listened. He inquired about the murderer, and she frowned, shaking her head and sighing a cloud of white. Ophelia did not know what to make of this murderer, or even how to put the clues together - given that she had only found a few of what she assumed were more.

"I wish that there was more that I could tell you," she said quietly, wondering exactly what he was looking for. "Thus far, I have seen the death of two of the grey, the band your father was one in with me and my sister. One of the dead, Phaedra, was a dear friend of mine, though it pains me to say that she had no longer felt the same way." Memories came flooding back of when the pegasus mare had yelled that her debt had been repaid.

"I saw black hairs, sand, pieces of black feathers and then some small, white fluff feathers... if you could call them that," she replied. "Many would fit that description. Midas, for one, has black and white feathers as well as black hair, but Ampere, Gaucho and others I have seen and know not their names have those elements to their figure."

Taking a pause in their discussion of the murders, she glanced back down at the amulets. "So many," she commented. "What for?"

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.

The boy was silent as he listened to Ophelia go on, urged by his thirst. His mismatched eyes watched hers, intent on solidifying these details in his memory. He would need to share them with his team; share them with his wombmate, Reginald, the dark boy, Ode, and the feral filly, Jorogumo. The darkling prince was still not sure how far he could trust the two strangers, but if Reginald was willing to bring them alongside in this journey, than Abraham would trust his brother. They shared the same blood, and they desired the same power in life. They were two sides of the same coin, forever tied together by something stronger than the measly friendship the gray had developed with the two others.

Midas, Ampere, Gaucho. Black hairs, sand, pieces of black feathers, white fluff feathers.

"Thank you." Gratitude was something foreign on Abraham's tongue and in his heart, but he felt it now. Ophelia was helping him once again, as she had done in the caves against the pitiful stranger, whom she thought was sinister enough to do harm to a colt. There was something about her that Abraham admired, though he thought she was too kind. Someone with her power, her passion, of her esteem mustn't be so soft in this world. Perhaps there was more to the crimson and white queen Abraham did not understand, but he doubted it. "Something as dangerous as this cannot be roaming Helovia, that is true." Unless it is Reginald and I. Abraham nodded, eyes glancing up at the twisting dragons some. He watched Tinek explode with shock and ice, and was intrigued. He would need to ask the mare how Tinke got to have twin elemental abilities.

He turned his attention back to the Forsaken when she questioned his amulets. They were a comfortable weight burden on his neck now, pulling his thick mane down. He smirked some, turning his head for Ophelia to see them better. "I got them from the Moon Goddess. I requested magic from her, and she gave me these. I believe I have to utilize them, for there is already magic inside, but I need it in me." the boy with dual horns turned his eyes to the older mare again. "Would you be willing to help me?"

Gwyn watched with wide, bright eyes as Tinek danced around her. She slowly glided around, mouth continually sounding with small trills and hums. She was so infatuated with the larger, older silver, and anything the male did totally captured her full attention. Her wings snapped open fully and she let out a song of praise when the silver released his shock and winter magic, and she nearly swooned when he called upon her to mimic. Carefully, the white dragon's belly and breast lightened with the mixing hues of red, orange, and yellow as fire raged within her depths. From parted, dangerous jaws pooling white-colored flames. She blast a spiral of pyre into the sky, the desaturated fire shooting high before finally fizzing out. The white female looked back to the silver, waiting for his tone of approval, as she slowly flapped her wings to circle him.

@[Ophelia]

abraham

I don't want your money
I don't want your crown

pixel by tamme
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia had a heart, beautiful and pure, but broken and guarded. Few were privy to the tender softness of her words spoken from her very soul, and children were, of course, the most frequent recipients of this love. They were innocent and incapable of breaking her heart. Except one. Roskuld. She shook that thought from her head and instead focused on the growing boy before her, honoring his father and herself with her kindness to his son. Abraham was intelligent and strong, two qualities she admired and would be proud to nurture.

But this kindness was reserved for so few. The pale princess had a vengeful streak that was poisonous and violent. Her memories so rarely let her forgive, and she flirted often with the darkness, so easily falling to anger when her heart was bruised. She was a spy, powerful, knowledgeable and moved by mostly personal gains. By no means could she be labeled as 'good'.

His gratitude was welcome, and she nodded. Ophelia nodded to Abraham, agreeing with his statement about the murderer. "Strength cannot catch smoke," she replied, sighing. "Only the clever will be able to set a trap and capture this killer. Perhaps, that one is you," she said honestly, smiling softly. "You come seeking knowledge, which is wise. The more you know of your enemy, the easier they will be to defeat."

The pale princess acknowledged his amulets and listened to his story. Ophelia did not trust the Moon Goddess, but this boy had his quest. Being on one of her own, she understood the difficulty of finding help. She nodded in agreement. "I can help you," she said, looking at the amulet again warily. "What must I do?" she asked, waiting for instruction and standing patiently, like a slab of marble, unmoved.

Tinek, meanwhile, continued to play with the white female, watching her bellow out a breath of flames. The dragon grinned his toothy grin of approval and bounded around, spreading a sheet of ice for her to melt.

Excitement flashed through Abraham's eyes as Ophelia agreed to help him. A boyish smile broke his face--so stoney like his father's--and he jumped to the right and to the left, the amulets tapping against his thick neck. "Excellent!" His voice was higher and lighter, and he trotted to the side of Ophelia, unable to contain the excitement in himself and stand still. "I have to use them...and I'm not exactly sure how amulets are used, but I do know one thing." He stoppped when he was on the opposite side of the mare from where he started, tipping his nose to the sky with pride. "When I was gifted with my dragon she was an egg, but she was inside. When she hatched, it was like nothing else I had ever experienced. I think amulets are like eggs, and they need to hatch for me to get my magic." Abraham nodded, more to himself, as his eyes had cast away from the mare. As he spoke, his brows knit together, but his statement was strong, and he was confident in his idea. Quickly, however, after the words had poured from his lips, he snapped his mismatched eyes back to the Forsaken.

Gwyneverre was completely consumed with her infatuation with Tinek, performing every task he asked of her with quick determination to please. Her fire spewed from her trap-like jaws to melt his ice sheets, but her wings had folded against her sides and she stood, ready and alert, on the snowy ground, waiting for the royal's next decree. However, she was mentally pulled back towards the conversing hybrids. Blinking, the blurred bliss that had glazed over her hellfire eyes vanished and the sharp intenseity returned. A scream of surprise rang from her throat and she jumped up, hands grasping wildly for Abraham's mane. He could not break her amulets! They were gorgeous, the way they sparkled in the light and hung so perfectly from his ebon locks. They were her pride and joy! They were beautiful! Small whines and tones of concern stumbled over each other, mumbled from the depths of her heart. Please! She pleaded, looking then to the pale queen for assistance, and then over her shoulder to her handsome silver.

Abraham was shocked by his white's outburst, and he jumped to the side. He turned his face to look at her with his blue eye, though both were wide with shock. "Gwyn! We have to." Abraham commanded, but to no avail. The white draconian queen hissed and snarled, grasping his mane and spreading her wings to cover the amulets that were strung so wonderfully.

@[Tamme] - Tagging since this is for his quest!

abraham

I don't want your money
I don't want your crown

pixel by tamme
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia grinned when the boy's infectious excitement showered between them, and she nodded eagerly. She leaned her neck down when he approached, eyeing the amulets curiously and listening. Having a similar experience when Tinek was an egg, she nodded and fondly remembered the silver's hatching. "Perhaps I can cast magic at it and it will be used?" she suggested, not realizing that the amulets were already filled with power to be used against her - that would have been nice to know. She had very little practical experience with amulets, finding them rather useless since she had never seen them in action.

The pale princess watched as the white dragon had an absolute fit over the potential loss of the shiny gems, and the boy pleaded with her, trying to explain his reasoning. Ophelia frowned, and Tinek, who had been enjoying playing, spread his lengthy wings and pushed from the ground, quickly flying to his bond-mate's back as the situation changed. Without much warning or waiting, since she wanted to help Archibald's boy with his task, Ophelia narrowed her gaze at a single amulet, attempting to read the mind of an inanimate object. Honestly, she felt rather foolish at the task, but this was her only thought. Obviously standing in the vicinity would do nothing.

She hoped that in the confusion of a flailing dragon and the boy's distraction that she could do so without upsetting the creature further - when fighting would no longer change fate. Ophelia waited expectantly, eagerly watching with curious eyes to see if the metal would hatch as he predicted.

@[Random Event]

((SO SORRY TIME!! D: ))

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
As Ophelia's magic shatters the amulet, a strange thing happens. Abraham begins to wither away! His formidable and youthful frame sags under the weight of age. His teeth shrink (some even disappear) inside of his mouth. His tail is rubbed nearly clean of all of its hairs as is his mane. His coat looses its shine, and appears patchy. Ribs show through the sunken flesh.