the Rift

[OPEN] Away From Us All

Essetia Posts: 218
Outcast atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Equine :: 16.3HH :: 7 HP: 64.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Romul :: Arctic Wolf :: Confusion Linds
The day that Romul had been thrust into her waiting hands had been an odd one. Essetia had been just a filly then and had known no bounds concerning life and its consequences, but that had all changed. Age had matured her and made her bitter and narrow-minded- the true meaning of a lost soul. Was that how she wanted to be remembered? Did she want to thrive in the minds of friend and foe as an impenetrable coward, unable to break free of her own misconceptions? Maybe it was time to let her memories die in order to create new and everlasting friendships to fill the void in her heart. Perhaps it was time to revive her soul and open her arms toward a new beginning. However, Essetia wasn’t quite sure where to start in this new endeavor and though she found Ignatius to be quite uncouth, he was as perfect a candidate as any.

When the mare looked down at the colt as he spoke, she did her best to hide the mounting excitement in her voice upon reply. “I’m not sure… but maybe you can show me what you like to do for fun?” she suggested breathily. She felt silly for asking and yet proud that she had asked at all. Essetia didn’t care where Ignatius had come from anymore because it was just an idea, a fleeting speculation that paled in comparison to the grand scheme of things. If she were ever going to learn to enjoy the life she’d been given, she needed to embrace it now. After all, she was tired of missed chances and lost dreams…

She certainly didn’t want to stand idle while they slipped through her fingers any longer.

The day was growing old and the weak light of the sun threatened to dip behind the mountains in the distance, but nightfall still promised a few hours of reprieve. Essetia’s legs had become quite stiff from standing in the cold and she shifted in order to wake the frozen nerves surrounding her joints. They cracked and groaned in protest, but eventually relaxed beneath the weight of circulation.

With a lull in conversation, Essetia took another moment to measure the colt’s expression. He still appeared to resent the mare for her ignorance, but she hoped to leave him with a kinder note to sing. It was true that she had lost her humility a long time ago, but at least she was trying to regain it. Responsibility and the pain of losing her family had dotted her canvas with black and it would take time to recover her innocence… but could Ignatius see that? Did it matter?

To Essetia, it was enough that she had realized her faults. It was enough that she had taken initiative to change or at least attempt to. However, this battle was something that took place internally and the mare couldn’t expect a mere child to understand it or accept it. All he knew was that he’d managed to dredge up the most unpleasant company in a matter of minutes and it would take hours to be rid of them. Even as the thought came to mind, Essetia couldn’t help the smile that followed quickly in its wake. Perhaps it was time she spared the boy her judgment and allowed him to continue on his way…

I didn’t mean to offend you. I was just curious as to what one does for fun alone in the Arch,” she assured. “I can’t remember the last time I was truly alone… at least without Romul to keep me company,” she explained more vigorously in an attempt to find equal ground. Essetia had essentially been on her own for the greater part of her life, but not entirely. The wolf had always been at her side to soothe the loneliness, even if it didn’t quite satiate her desire for companionship. The mare often wondered what true comradery felt like, because to her it was just a fleeting idea.
Credits!

@[Erebos]

◄ Please tag Essetia in all replies!
◄ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
◄ Pixel @ SongsOfInfinity

Messages In This Thread
Away From Us All - by Essetia - 12-06-2014, 09:00 PM
RE: Away From Us All - by Erebos - 12-21-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: Away From Us All - by Essetia - 12-22-2014, 09:43 PM
RE: Away From Us All - by Erebos - 12-29-2014, 12:29 PM
RE: Away From Us All - by Essetia - 12-30-2014, 05:22 PM
RE: Away From Us All - by Erebos - 01-01-2015, 06:55 PM