the Rift

[JUDGED] Nightlight (Essetia)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel
Midas
The outside world has fallen away, dulled in the back of my mind. For these past few minutes, (for it has only been minutes and not hours); I've been on a battlefront before the glory of thunder and wood.There is only one shape, one shadow that is of any importance to me, and she is already near.

Warm.

A hot mist is rising from my coat, there is budding foam in my mouth. Perspiration (or perhaps its blood) has started to show past the layers of unshed Frostfall fur. It slicks back the underside of my belly and arms, makes me wet -- but no less cool. Fires aren't so easily put out. Earth had done its part in jarring the younger opponent who so savagely has tried over and over to bend my knee.

I. Would. Not. Be. Bowed...by this...senseless

Moist tegrindrind against her body. I scrape hard; harder than I'd ever intend upon a clan mate -- my purpose, to wound and lacerate flesh. She attacked me with no cause or reason, and thus awakened a creature that is often buried beneath the rubble of my shattered self. I start to press forward after snapping at her barrel. She turns her dark hind to me, ebony tendrils flashed against my side. Stinging sweetly a warning.This movement is familiar, I've had many a whelp turn their ass to me. Feet retreat by sidestepping away...my right self in particular has been delved with much abuse. Crown rises high just as the flash of those daggers brush powerfully above my shoulder, narrowly missing the steel which covers a solid part of flesh, and her previous grievance. Instead the bite of one heel falls to a spot just below my withers, where wing connects to the joints of this body, and bone runs its course down to the center of my being.

I avoided a large part of her heavy blow, the weight of it would have crushed bone had my feet not danced a step away. Instead she hits ivory flesh and scraps down the muscle of my right wing. No blood was lured, though a few stray feathers are snagged free. They flutter to the churned earth, unseen by those who frayed above. Fallen, to be trampled. A warm burst of fresh pain ignites from the bruising spot which she struck, my wing would be sore until I met with a healer...Yar, but I was lucky enough to escape lasting damage.

Teeth are tightly clinched, brows are high and eyes wide. Dirt shivers beneath my feet, magic is draining my energy; making the soul feel just as weak as this wretched flesh is beginning to be. With one powerful summons I call upon all the energy that is left within these bones -- the ground splinters open and somewhere a tree cracks, falling to the ground. All around the floor shifts violently, loose dirt particles bounce on the surface. In a nearby pool, the water begins to ripple away from its designated shoreline.

Raw power surges from my body, I aim for the girl -- this foolish child who has caused such undue annoyance. She continues to fight, but not now..nay. Not now. For a moment I'm no longer myself, the creature that stands before her is a wrathful beast. Wounded beyond measure and furious at the one who dares to throw salt. A visible line of broken earth splits in two and comes racing for her. Breaking apart the soil and creating a shallow cavern below. It moved to not just trip or stumble, but to completely dominate by making her bow and sprawl into the blood soaked dust.

Words: 616
Attack: (3/3)
@[Essetia]

Image Credit
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Nightlight (Essetia) - by Midas - 12-07-2014, 11:16 PM
RE: Nightlight (Essetia) - by Essetia - 12-08-2014, 05:03 AM
RE: Nightlight (Essetia) - by Midas - 12-11-2014, 08:44 PM
RE: Nightlight (Essetia) - by Essetia - 12-18-2014, 03:28 PM
RE: Nightlight (Essetia) - by Midas - 01-01-2015, 11:51 AM
RE: Nightlight (Essetia) - by Essetia - 01-01-2015, 06:17 PM