the Rift

[OPEN] I Dunno, the Bell Rang!

Roskuld the Sparklight Posts: 424
World's Edge General atk: 7.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Tribrid :: 15.3 :: 6 HP: 82 | Buff: ENDURE
Zchiraxicon :: Royal Rougarou :: Electric Smithers

So Shapes’ name was Torleik. Huh. Liked “Shapes” better.

Awesome-Ulrik asked me why my Pa wanted me to go to the Basin. And I could answer that honestly, without even having to cobble up something that sounded good. “’Dunno,” I said flatly, cocking a hoof underneath me as I surveyed the two. If I wanted to be completely honest, I could say that he never really said that I needed to go there; he only said that it was his domain, and that he’d help me with these shitty things that were going down. I put two and two together and I figured, at the very least, I could get inspiration from whatever land he had decided to build for whatever people had decided to worship him. At the very least, I could know my Pa a little bit better; his legacy, his shit. Maybe I would learn a little more about—

“The fuck you say?” I asked abruptly, my voice a spark in the ice.

Because Shapes Torleik had murmured something under his breath—in fact, I wouldn’t have known he had said anything if I hadn’t seen the words misted from his lips. And—now that I thought about it—he was eyeing me a little too close for comfort, his eyes a little too roamy to be set in a face so mild. Something rose up in me, something sneaky and creeping that I couldn’t swallow back down: I got suspicious of this fucker. The hairs on my withers stood on end a little, my blood sparking somewhat as my senses got on red-alert.

Red-alert for what?. Maybe I was getting paranoid over nothing. Caution wasn’t a crime, though—like Torleik was saying himself, it was two huge bastards against me at the drop of a pin if they decided that they didn’t want me in their homeland after all. And as much shit I could talk, I wasn’t keen on another fight—especially one I could do nothing but lose. The ass-kicking was guaranteed.

“….thanks,” I muttered, my voice a little subdued, some sort of apology worked into my tongue that tried to tell them I was sorry for snapping. Er, or maybe trying to kiss their ass a little. That might be the case, too (shut up).

[Suppose we make a thread in the Basin? :D]

talk

Like stars burning holes right through the dark
Flicking fire like saltwater into my eyes</style>

Please tag ROSKULD in every reply!

Messages In This Thread
I Dunno, the Bell Rang! - by Roskuld - 12-08-2014, 02:04 AM
RE: I Dunno, the Bell Rang! - by Torleik - 12-19-2014, 12:36 AM
RE: I Dunno, the Bell Rang! - by Roskuld - 12-26-2014, 12:22 PM
RE: I Dunno, the Bell Rang! - by Ulrik - 12-27-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: I Dunno, the Bell Rang! - by Torleik - 12-31-2014, 11:44 AM
RE: I Dunno, the Bell Rang! - by Roskuld - 01-04-2015, 01:08 PM