:: :: ::
K
I
P
L
I
N
G
The call of the mountains in Birdsong could only be resisted for so long. They beckoned each morning through the pinkish misty dawn, promising epic adventures to be had beyond their jagged peaks.

Kipling knew it was still too early to cross them, but he could not stop himself from following the foothills along towards the point where the sun rose each day. The woods he had arrived in bordered him on one side, and the slopes steered him from the other. His molting coat was itchy and already too warm even this early in the season, and he stopped frequently to itch against the rough bark of the trees, leaving behind tell-tale clumps of loose fur.

He wandered like that for some time, casting his thoughts about for some hospitable resting spot. Fanciful plans of ways to ingratiate himself into the Hidden Falls herd occupied most of his thoughts. More than anything, he felt like it was important to prove himself worthy of their home. It had proved harder than he had initially expected: in a land of gods and legends and magic and immortality, it was difficult for a nomadic colt of no social status to make a name for himself. He resolved that he would have to make himself even more spectacular, accomplish things they would never even dream about, to win their love and respect. Ideas of how exactly he could do that consumed most of his thoughts as he strolled along.

Eventually, the mountains gave way to a private copse in the woods. The ground softened beneath Kipling's hooves, and a modest pool of water emerged before him. He looked thoughtfully at the dark mud of the earth for a moment and remembered his uncomfortable coat. Without a moment's hesitation, he dropped to his knees and rolled onto his back, vigorously thrashing and flinging dirt all over himself as he finally soothed the infernal itch.

Kipling leapt up to the sound of moving water. He turned abruptly to face the pool and immediately saw the distinct figure of a sharp blue horn wading above the surface. On closer inspection, he noticed that it rose from the head of a horse like himself.

Another unicorn! This was so exciting!

Kipling whinnied a shrill greeting out over the water, his voice trilling with excitement. "Hello! What are you doing here?" He moved to the water's edge and poked a front hoof into the surface, but the cold made him shriek and leap backwards immediately. "That's freezing! Aren't you freezing?"

OOC: @[Sikeax] Sorry I'm the slowest!
Image Credit
Code by Sevin

Messages In This Thread
RE: if only i could stop dreaming and start believing - by Kipling - 12-18-2014, 10:59 AM
RE: if only i could stop dreaming and start believing - by Kipling - 12-26-2014, 10:35 AM