the Rift

[OPEN] Let's Dream About Our Valiant Defeat

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence
it's what you feel but can't articulate outloud

She shuffled her weight, watching as Valiance and the young mare interacted in the way that the seemed to know how. He was a protector, and for that she was glad. Very, very glad. The filly made eye contact with the red dragon, and he fluffed his wings, attempting to look more regal. As brave and daring as he was, he also had a lovely colour of pride and adored getting his ego stroked.

A few more clicks of joy escaped his mouth as he took off from her poll and then landed down onto the forest floor. Carefully, he inched closer to the pegasus mare, flickering his wings outward to offer a welcoming brush of feathers before looking between the two different mares. More words escaped from the filly's mouth as she seemed to place the definition of both of their names. "Yes, though I believe he is the only one who fits the title given," she explained, allowing a careful smile to crawl upon her lips.

Alas, Resplendence asked how it was that the filly had wings at such a young age. She was given an answer that she was born with it. The filly's head twisted to the side ever so slightly in a confused manner. "I… I've known a few who have wings, I just didn't know one would have them so young. I thought they… grew in…" There was a pause as she attempted to recollect herself completely. "I mean, I didn't think they would be this prominent on someone so young. I'm sorry… it's just different," she explained, still not completely used to this world of horns and wings and magic.

Gentle eyes looked over the filly once more, attempting to take it all in. She seemed to only be around a year old. Splatters of chestnut colouring were over her coat and green eyes like that of summer grass shone in the somewhat darker areas of the forest they stood in. Though, she didn't seem to hold her wings the same way that Kaj and Quil had. They seemed to be more protected, less pronounced. Did she not have as much muscle? Or did she not like holding them the same way as the others. It seemed as though she was still growing into her frame, legs long but not too long so as to have her continuously trip like Res's twins had done their first few months. And, lastly, she was still a good five inches shorter than Res herself. Yes, probably around a year in age, it seemed like a good guess.

"Why is someone as young as you venturing around in this forest alone? It's not safe with this murderer on the loose…" she said, motherly concern ebbing into her voice as she glanced down to where Valiance was. He seemed to be enjoying this moment, for the most part. He was flickering around in circles, moving back and forth between the two mares, indecisive as to which was the better one to mess with. At least they both seemed beyond sweet - two creatures he could easily take 'under his wings'.

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
Let's Dream About Our Valiant Defeat - by Spice - 12-09-2014, 11:48 PM
RE: Let's Dream About Our Valiant Defeat - by Resplendence - 12-15-2014, 10:25 PM