the Rift

[OPEN] no single cloud [storytelling!]

Tandavi The Fire Dancer Posts: 245
World's Edge Nurse atk: 6.5 | def: 9 | dam: 4
Mare :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 5 HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Natraj :: Plain Kitsune :: Fire Charks

we walk a lonely road
beneath the fire of a thousand suns
It has taken them weeks to reach this point, dozens of half-made ventures and prep talks and reassurances. Since their appointment as Oracle the girl and her brother have struggled and thought, fought with their fear (her fear, really) and trepidation. When Africa welcomed her and made her medic, the girl had been taken aback with pleasant surprise. That surprise was an echo on the mountain of her disbelief when Gaucho's voice rumbled out that she would be the Wise One, the Speaker for the Sun. It was everything she could have asked for, the greatest honor she could think to hold, yet the mantle sat uneasy across her narrow shoulders. The girl was not blind to Cera's displeasure, and truly, she felt he was probably right to doubt her. What did she know about being a Diviner? What did she know about leading at all?

Feathered hooves leave a trail of crescent moons in the still damp sand. Pre-dawn light illuminates the girl with a soft coral hue, dancing on her mane and playing with the conflicting flowers strung within her hair. Her brother trods beside her, faithful and serene; he anchors her down when her mind threatens to burst, and chases small lizards when she is at ease. They left the Oasis at the morning's first light, hoping to pray to the Sun before others appeared, to strengthen resolve with the warmth of his glow. No single cloud mars the clear horizon, no sign of the darkness which lurks in the periphery of her vision, caught there since she first found herself lost and alone at the mercy of the wraiths. She wonders how many now even know about the wraiths. It feels like every day she sees a new face, while an old friend vanishes and fades into the night...

Crescent-slashed face shakes heartily, neck swaying and mane bouncing as she casts those thoughts aside. Before her the fire flickers into view, a beacon of safety in the darkness of dawn. She approaches it slowly, letting the warmth of it wash away her doubts. In her mind she imagines the heat of the Sun; in her heart she recaptures the feeling of his nearness, and a faint smile flutters at the edge of her lips. The black brother bounds ahead of her, making a beeline for the warmth of the fire; he is glad to see the last of winter, pleased beyond measure by the return of heat. The girl is glad, too.

Behind her, the rim of the sun peers over the horizon. Before her, the fire surges in response. Dark voice round and eager and warm, the girl prays, "Sun God, thank you for returning again. Please... guide me... help me aid my herd, let me serve as a vessel against darkness and a wielder of your light. Be my voice when I cannot speak, be my strength when I am weak, and do not let me falter in my path of protecting the lost and saving the broken." Her alto grows stronger, louder, hesitancy replaced with an ardent resolve. With the Gods behind her, maybe she can be everything she wants. Maybe she truly can champion the fallen, can vanquish the dark.

Black eyes peer into the fire, hoping for some reassurance, some promise of a brighter future, some guidance- something she can share, can hold and find meaning in. Natraj returns to sit by her hooves, gold eyes scanning the horizon for signs of life, the hint of arrivals. He knows how difficult it is for his sister to find her voice. He only hopes it will not escape her today.

[ Open for all Throat members! ]
@[Random Event] if she could see something in the fire that'd be great~

o. pixel pony credit to tamme
o. permission granted to use force and magic on Tavi
o. only tag me in opening posts, please!

Megaera the Sunspear Posts: 306
Absent Abyss atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Pegasus :: 15 h :: 8 [Birdsong] HP: 70 | Buff: NOVICE
Gwaihir :: Golden Eagle :: None Laine
The sunrise was always a welcome sight, and especially so this morning. Megaera had been scouting to the north again, on the trail of murderers and cannibals and cold. Though birdsong had come, the northern stretch of Helovia still clung too much to the chill for her liking and the Warrior was glad to feel the warm again. She was tired; away from home she left little time for rest and she meant to take time and recover herself at home before setting out again. She had moved southward from the land bridge on foot, aiming for the Oasis, but changing course for the Diviner’s Fire almost without realizing that she had done so. Meg had walked through the night felt a wave of relief when she spied the fire blazing in the twilight. She had always found rest there, always comfort and warmth, since Africa had shown it to her. More than a physical warmth, but one that kindles in the heart and gave her courage, a bright talisman against the darkness of the world.

Someone was already tending the fire, but in the dim light it was difficult to make out who it was. Even if she could have seen clearly, she mused, it was a small chance that she would have recognized them. She’d been in the fold of the Throat such a short time before the Darkness had scattered them, and an even shorter time since she had returned from her sojourn. She was home now and had been told of the new ranked members of the herd but unless it was Gaucho or Silk(which even from a distance a lack of wings told her it was not, she would not have met this herd member before.

Meg slowed her clipping gait as she approached, and was considerable quieter in her fatigue than was strictly normal. She was built for efficiency, maybe, and speed, definitely, but not for grace. She heard the voice when it started but it was a moment before she could make out the words, a prayer. She Paused, not wanting to interrupt the quiet moment, and it was then that she notice the dark little creature that scampered about and recognized the young Diviner that she had seen briefly at the entrance to Dragon’s Throat.

“Hail!” she called out in greeting and moved forward again. “You are the young Diviner, are you not? I am Megaera. It is good to meet another servant of the Sun, I hope I am welcome at your fire.” She settled herself a quarter-turn around the flames from the gold mare and smiled warmly. Meg had a penchant for being instantly suspicious of strangers, but those that Gaucho allowed in the Throat family, especially those devoted to the Sun God, got a special pass in her book, and Meg was eager and pleased to know them.

Tags: @[Tandavi] - Notes: Hiya! *waves*

FAC FORTIA ET PATERE
be brave and endure
:: permission given for use of magic and force :: please tag Megaera in all posts ::

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::
Wings erupt from the fire, distorting the predictable pattern of flames. They resemble the wings of the God of the Sun, and with each pulse they shoot small stars of fire into the sky, appearing like last dying remnants of the already-disappearing stars as they faded with the coming light of the sun. Everyone who had gathered could see the recognizable appendages of their deity, but only Tandavi could see what was in the flames ...

Flashes, and nothing more: A sky filled with sunlight, and a creature silhouetted against it. The creature is flying, but not alone. FLASH. An equine stands on a sandy shore, reluctant then suddenly is covered in fire and sunshine and tears, but there is no pain. FLASH. A child, lost and bitter, but are they staying or going? FLASH. Another murdered body. FLASH. Blinding white-bright sunlight.

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
rhoa
i walk in the air
between the rain
through myself
& back again.
I hope it's okay that I'm here. I was invited or anything but ... I really want to know more about the Oracle's fire. Both Mother and Father have met the Sun God ... and Father seems to speak with him regularly - once a season it seems. Since the Sun God put the fire on Father's wings ... does that mean the burning flesh on my wings, and Ivezho's body comes from the Sun himself ? I know that's rather bold... the Sun God doesn't know me and probably doesn't care but ... well, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe the magic is just passed down. Maybe the Sun God wouldn't even approve of me having any of his magic...like...like I haven't earned it yet.

I sigh slightly at the thought of another disapproving figure in my life. It's the last thing I need. Even so, I am drawn to the fire. (Is it the fire? Or Tandavi?) I see our Oracle and my breath catches in my Throat. I remember seeing her at the maze, when the Bird Lady spoke to me. The memory was burned forever in my mind, and Tandavi a part of it. I smile as I look at her, hardly even noticing the other mare who stands with her - she is...uhm...ahhhh!! I rack my brains trying to recall her name and rank. Mother and Father seem to think that it's very important that I know everyone in the Throat, since I am a prince after all.

Ah! It's Megaera! A warrior! I remember now.

Slowly I make my way forward, nostrils flaring slightly as my bright green gaze gets swallowed up by the fire. I see great wings sprout from the flames which appear to be the same as our deity. Will he appear from the fire? Has Tandavi called to him? The wings move slightly and then disappear back into the flames, causing my hear to sink. Well.. if I don't get to meet the Sun God today maybe that isn't so bad. It means I have more time to learn to be brave, and to be worthy of having magic from the God.

"Hello." I offer, my voice sounding meek and childish. Coughing, as if I merely had something in my throat, I try again.
"Megeara. Tandavi." I say to each, more confidently now as I look to each and nod.

Where?
I don't know.
darren criss. @ shine