the Rift

[OPEN] holocene

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx

She harbours a sword within her unquiet roaring heart,

Arya scented another. Her eyes remained focus upon the waters ahead of her. For a moment she closed her eyes, as if that would drive all her problems away. Mere weeks ago she would’ve leapt at the potential for a new friend. At this point all she wanted was the gentle croons of her other. She wanted the booming laughter of her father. She wanted Odette’s wild games of chase. But now all of that was gone. The huntress was completely powerless and that sent waves of anger through her. For some reason her body kept her soul tied to it, but she couldn’t use it to defend that which she loved. What was the point of this prison if it couldn’t be put to use? Silently she cursed her youth. Silently she cursed whatever bondage kept her soul trapped in it’s vessel.

A voice broke through her thoughts. It took a moment for the words to register on her mind. Are you okay? She opened her eyes and glanced over at the stranger before her. Arya noted the horn upon her head. Yet she couldn’t remember her from the Basin and the scent upon her was foreign regardless. At least the stranger wasn’t a stallion, as they had proven to ruin everything they touched.

She looked at the mare only for a moment before her gaze went out to the ocean before her. “I… No,” Arya admitted. There was no point in lying. She wasn’t the clever woman her mother was. She couldn’t disguise anything with a sly roll of the tongue. “Evil people took the ones I love from me. Men ripped apart my family.” Despite the pain in her voice, no tears would form. The time for crying was over. She had promised her mother she would be strong, thus, strong she would be. “I’m sorry… That’s probably more than you wanted to hear. I’m Arya by the way, of the Aurora Basin.”

The child didn’t comprehend the dangers of disclosing her home. For her, the icy north was naught but home. Little did she know of the malice and wickedness that had descended upon her home.

@[Sikeax]
arya woman-king

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Messages In This Thread
holocene - by Arya - 12-11-2014, 05:42 AM
RE: holocene - by Sikeax - 12-12-2014, 12:55 AM
RE: holocene - by Arya - 12-13-2014, 03:23 AM
RE: holocene - by Sikeax - 12-14-2014, 03:05 PM
RE: holocene - by Arya - 12-18-2014, 02:34 AM
RE: holocene - by Sikeax - 12-25-2014, 04:19 AM
RE: holocene - by Arya - 01-06-2015, 03:01 AM