the Rift

[OPEN] Returning Home
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia was not perfect, and her imperfections tainted and fought against her gentle nature. She was insecure in her self-image, unsure of her skills in battle, unworthy of attention and certainly not beautiful. When attacked, she fought back, held grudges, and her vengeance was always paid in full - doubled, even. This made her a frighteningly bloodthirsty enemy but a noble and loyal ally. She collected knowledge like a warrior collected titles, keen on the ins and outs of Helovia and frequently using them to her own advantage.

The consummate spy, she was loved by many but respected by even more, hiding in plain sight. Her strange personality and bizarre habits from her flawless memories made her even more distanced from those around her, setting her apart like that strange child in the background who drew pictures in silence instead of playing the team games. In fact, she barely even knew herself, her feelings unpredictable, wild and untamed. Perhaps that was why she was so difficult to define.

Either way, whatever ill will she harbored against Gaucho for nearly running her off a cliff to her death was not worth the respect she held for Phaedra - love, even. He had apologized, of course, and she had helped him find his memories, but that did not mean that the fear of death had faded (and thus her anger, for they were intimately connected). For others, memories faded, but for her, the thought of knowing she could die as her hoof flirted with the edge of that mountain was as clear today as it was then.

She had no response to his initial murmuring of the band she had lead so long ago, and instead, she focused on Phaedra. Ophelia took the accusation in stride, weighing the logic of his reasoning. "What do the dead need their trinkets for?" she asked, shifting her weight ever so slightly and knocking forelock from her gaze. "They will never use them again - I find it intelligent to scavenge." She glanced up at Gaucho, her expression neutral.

"Though I highly doubt Hotaru would kill Phaedra. I believe the child to be one of Phaedra's, though they have grown and saw them only at a distance long ago..." she trailed, frowning.

Phaedra's final words to Ophelia rang in her head, bouncing with anguish. "But never again shall I come to you with love in my heart." She had said. Another abandoned. Another relationship ruined. Emotion overwhelmed her cold exterior, and she hitched in a painful breath, turning her gaze firmly away as she tried to swallow back tears. "Phaedra gave up on me. I will not do the same to her."

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Returning Home - by Gaucho - 12-12-2014, 03:39 AM
RE: Returning Home - by Ophelia - 12-12-2014, 04:44 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Gaucho - 12-12-2014, 04:59 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Ophelia - 12-12-2014, 08:24 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Gaucho - 12-12-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Ophelia - 12-12-2014, 10:14 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Ampere - 12-13-2014, 12:18 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Hotaru - 12-15-2014, 12:53 AM
RE: Returning Home - by Gaucho - 12-15-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Ophelia - 12-19-2014, 01:52 PM