the Rift

[OPEN] Returning Home
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme
Ophelia the Forsaken

Ophelia glanced at Hotaru who set the record straight. The pale princess was glad for this, even for a moment. The more twist and turns to this tale, the more difficult it was to lay blame as the culprits were not so easily seen. Also, blaming the ones who disappeared was always a clever idea. Illynx was gone, which Phi did honestly regret. The golden mare seemed interesting, once upon a time when they met at a festival. Then, Hotaru did something surprising when she offered to fight in her stead and Ophelia quirked an ear in her direction, unsure of whether to smile or frown. Was she trying to change the Basin? Honestly, she was just trying to learn. Such a short time had passed before the God of Time had given her a crown, and making enemies out of her own people with swift decrees was not her idea of good leadership.

Needless to say, she stood by her words. Even if she had been the one to urge Hotaru to steal, what of it? Gaucho had made no attempts for peace. They were not allies. But, apparently, he possessed some type of morality precluding him from seeing reason in this, as he looked about ready to burst with frustration. Still, she stood calmly, barely floating above the surface as the wind was the only thing to shift the hairs around her features. Like permafrost, she was a constant, unchanging and fixed in this world. Sure, she would move from place to place, but her ideals remained the same. Ah but again, he got the point wrong, and she shook her head, snorting. “I was once the spy for your Dragon’s Throat under Kri. I was the one to travel to your lands when Sohalia met me at the gates. Though I was not a leader then, I was curious about the changes after I heard Kri had gone.”

She was curious about other things too, mainly if Mauja had actually disappeared into the sea and if his crimes were legitimate. “So, you get that wrong, Gaucho. I came to YOU.”

Ophelia grimaced. “One, I was not in Helovia during whatever this wraith invasion is that you are speaking of. I heard of it, but I did not participate. Two, I was not a part of the Aurora Basin invading either the Dragon’s Throat or the World’s Edge. I was not there, and I did not lead the Basin at that point in time either. Third, do you honestly expect any group to respect some imagined rules based on your ideals when you have never traveled to their land to make peace? You say you worked with the Basin in this wraith invasion, but did you state your terms then?” she asked pointedly.

“While I find it honorable that you will protect your family, you throw accusations and prejudice as if your opinions are the final say. They are not. The world is not made up on the foundations of your principles, Gaucho. “

The pale princess paused, eyes narrowing. “Let me give you some history. Long ago, a band of pegasi invaded the Dragon’s Throat, which is the only reason why you live there now. Time passed. Then, Mirage, my father and their warriors invaded the home of these unicorns for no other reason than that they wanted the land. The ones who live in the Basin now are refugees from your so-called civilized groups. Their hearts harbor anger against those who stole their home away and those who supported this invasion. Then, I and my sister invaded the Foothills to give our group a home. You act as if this is some slight against you and your family when this is the natural way of things.”

“So, when the Aurora Basin invaded, I imagine that they were trying to get their home back. You preach about family? There are more families than just yours. I chose to align myself with the Aurora Basin because of the prejudice they face daily for wanting to live among their own. They are quiet, but they are waiting. Old anger looms from the war waged against them that lost them their home, and I will not stop them from avenging their honor.” Ophelia stood tall, her expression a firm frown.

“We are not so different.”

Ophelia paused, waiting, and she listened to the terms that Gaucho put before her now. The fact that he now demanded this heightened neutrality burned her from the inside, but she stood firm, clenching her jaw. They must do nothing. Civility was entirely dependent upon who defined the word. There were days when civil meant cutting the hands off thieves and hanging traitors in the square for all to see. Still, she took a breath, having showing her age and influence through the years with her former speech. Ophelia was not just some leader of the Basin. She was a knowledge cog. “Agreed,” she said firmly. That was all that needed to be said, honestly. What more was there?

Credits: Image by perfectperfection @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Messages In This Thread
Returning Home - by Gaucho - 12-12-2014, 03:39 AM
RE: Returning Home - by Ophelia - 12-12-2014, 04:44 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Gaucho - 12-12-2014, 04:59 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Ophelia - 12-12-2014, 08:24 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Gaucho - 12-12-2014, 08:45 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Ophelia - 12-12-2014, 10:14 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Ampere - 12-13-2014, 12:18 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Hotaru - 12-15-2014, 12:53 AM
RE: Returning Home - by Gaucho - 12-15-2014, 01:12 PM
RE: Returning Home - by Ophelia - 12-19-2014, 01:52 PM