the Rift

[OPEN] Okay.. Not What I Expected | Ophelia - OPEN

Malificent Posts: 14
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 5 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Reply to this thread.

First of all, this walk has been treacherous. Not only was it long and took the time frame of changing from winter to spring, my poor short legs sometimes had trouble keeping up with Ophelia's longer legs. Although she wasn't that much taller than me, I still have quite a slow and relaxed pace, compared to others I would seem to have the speed of a turtle. As well as my mind wandering else where most of the time, as conversation seemed to be little to none, but I did not mind. It kept me from having to sound like a babbling idiot, considering I have no communication skills at the moment. I sound as if I am a blunt, rude, sarcastic mare when I speak... It's definitely not who I am but I can't help it. Words roll from my tongue and seem so much more beautiful in my head.

As the travel went on, I took the hint we finally arrived.

To this beautiful place surrounded by a horrendous mountain and a narrow pathway. As well as a large horse like structure that seems to be made of metal or some type of concoction like that. I pause to take a good gander at it without the swaying of my head moving it. It was rather impressive I might say. "You have a beautiful home" I point out as I walk further with her into this valley, taking a good look at everything including the large lake that seemed to be off in the distance. "I will call for you when I am ready." I look at the two toned eyes Ophelia bears, staring for a moment before I ask one more question, "Are there any rules I need to know of while I am visiting?"

Now I wait. Wait for her answers and possible departure, leaving me alone to wander and meet others of this wonderful home. That is almost a scary thought but I'm used to being alone, so traveling through here by myself shouldn't be so difficult and dreadful...

[ooc- Mal will be touring the Basin, then she will be off to go explore other parts of Helovia. She may or may not return to make this her home, basing her opinion off her interactions with others here and how well she fits in. This thread is open to all Basin members, please only post if you are able to reply within a two day time frame and willing to keep this thread going without letting it die off as this is character building for my charrie.
Also please excuse crappy first post. I imagine I will have Mal stay for a while and for those she doesn't meet in this thread, if you would like I (or you) could make another thread here in the Basin (preferably a one on one thread) for our charries to meet. :) ]

@[Ophelia]
image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole (Niki)
- I'm very forgetful sometimes, so please tag me in all posts related to Mal, if that doesn't work.. feel free to PM this account.
- Magic allowed, just no killing, harming, etc. without my permission.
Ascended Helovian

Ophelia the Amaranthine Posts: 701
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 10.5 | dam: 7
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 hh :: 6 Years HP: 77 | Buff: BULK
Tinek :: Royal Silver Dragon :: Frost Breath & Shock Breath Tamme

Ophelia was unperturbed by any poor manners, choosing instead to be a cautious guide. Used to traversing the vast expanse of Helovia, the pale princess found herself pausing often to allow the other mare to join. Though she was not fit for battle, the long-legged Phi was never one to stay idle for very long. Finding the Basin entrance was a little like finding a needle in a haystack - what was one narrow pathway from another?

But, once inside, a whole new ecosystem emerged. Grass grew, trees were green, an unfrozen lake glittered, and the glare from the sun off the snow was gone. This place was even colorful compared to its surroundings, and she found it rather beautiful. New to the land herself, Ophelia smiled as she watched the Birdsong season envelop the beautiful landscape. Truly, this place was stunning - harsh, but stunning. This was a land built for warriors, proud, few and noble - a land of ice and snow, innovation and creativity.

Her guest spoke, and she turned to meet the words, smiling. "Do not interfere with herd business unless you plan on sticking around," she said. "If anyone asks, say you are my guest, and they should let you be. Please, do not venture into any caves - as they may belong to others." Other than that? Ophelia had no rules - she barely knew them herself. As far as she knew, there was nothing hiding here.

The leader left the mare to greet and introduce herself to whomever arrived. Ophelia took the moment to move off and look for Torleik, wondering if he was around somewhere...

Art by: equusamor @ DA

Undertow has come to take me. Guided by the blazing sun. Look at everything around us. Look at everything we've done.
Please. Anyone. I don't think I can save myself. I'm drowning.

Please tag me in every response!

Malificent Posts: 14
Hidden Account atk: 7.5 | def: 10 | dam: 2.5
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.1hh :: 5 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE

A dapple body faced against the pure white of Ophelia. Standing with ears forward and listening rather keenly. The rules were few and could very well be followed without being broken because of forgetfullness. Malificent's lips curled as she began to speak again, "Thank you." was her soft reply. Darkened orbs staring at the crimson ones before her, watching as they slowly moved from her own form to that of the Basin itself. Then she was off, Ophelia left Malificent to do her own wandering and so she began her walk.

Aiming first for the lake in the middle. A thirst that burned her neck made her tired limbs push on. As her journey continued she gathered details of her surroundings. It was so beautiful here, so much more beautiful than the wretched forests and flowery fields the dapple had always traveled through. The mountain scene was a whole new imagery for her. Malificent took in every sight she could, embedding them into her brain for memories. Wondering who else might be trekking through here as well. A passion burned in her heart, something that screamed home to her. Was this it? Was this finally the family she dreamed of?

Only time could tell. For now she comes close to the edge of the lake. Lowering her head and she takes a few more steps before pushing her muzzle to the liquid. Drinking with a thirst that could water a thousand horses.
A muscular neck rose to the sky, hating that the night was coming but she stared. Losing herself in memories of the past. Some haunting and others quite loving. Here she begins her newest journey.

[ooc- This just states Mal's start of her adventure through the Basin. I'd say this thread can close up since no one else has replied lol. ]

@[Ophelia]
image credits
Table and Picture by Nicole (Niki)
- I'm very forgetful sometimes, so please tag me in all posts related to Mal, if that doesn't work.. feel free to PM this account.
- Magic allowed, just no killing, harming, etc. without my permission.