[OPEN] Lost On The Sands Of Time

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
[Image: 3999927.png]

[Image: 3999923.png]

[Image: 9e6b3ad4-a8c4-4003-bd66-cb75589c58e6_zps...1415597174]

Chancellor. Bucephalus was still rather... surprised by it. He mulled over his new rank and his new title as he stood upon a dune, watching the herd mill about below. The Morningstar. Fitting, alas if only they knew how fitting. The black turned his gaze upwards to the sky, towards the sun that heated the sand to a comfortable temperature. "I wonder if all this is your doing." He muttered, smirking. "Please...give me guidance so i don't fail them." His smirk vanished, replaced by something unreadable. He accepted the Sun as his god along with the Wind. But... he'd seen far more of the Sun than Wind, and as much as he held the sky dear, he couldn't deny his growing favor to the fiery god.

He dropped his gaze, looking out across the sand away from the herd. From outcast, to crafter, to Chancellor... all in the span of a season. It was giving him a mild case of whiplash. He shook himself and glanced back at the herd, then headed down towards the oasis, deep in his thoughts. When he reached the water's edge, he caught sight of his reflection and smiled wryly. The mark on the right side of his face was going to take some getting used to. He traced the lines and swirls, then dropped his head to drink. He wasn't sure what was going on with his life, to be honest, nor if he even felt ready despite his words to Gaucho.

But the thought of failure, of failing the herd... it stirred every feeling of revulsion within him. He was sick of failing others. A quick snort and toss of his head was the only sign of his inner thoughts he gave, and quickly the actions were wiped away. He would not fail. Nope. Turning away from the pool, he looked up towards the dune where he had stood vigil moments before. So many things to be done... namely and chiefest; meet the rest of the herd.

Word Count:335 Tags:Open to all

Please tag Bucephalus in all posts.
Any force is allowed against short of death.

Pixel by Aud

Rei Posts: 140
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6.0
Mare :: Pegasus :: 14hh :: 5 years HP: 62.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Anka :: Oriental Short Clawed Otter :: None TierRen
Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

"Congratulations Bucephalus!" I realized too late that he may consider it rude for me to greet him casually by his name as a stranger. Hastily I tried to fix my blunder leading to an annoying case of stumbling over my words. "I mean, Morningstar?" Well didn't that sound cheesy? I kicked a rear leg out in frustration, there was nothing that I hated more than ruffled feathers.

"I am Rei. Normally I would tack on 'of Dragon's Throat' to make myself sound a bit fancier but that would be a tad redundant while we're here." I couldn't help but grin. Was I actually funny? It could be debated. But did I find myself to be amusing? Heck yes. "What would you like for me to call you?"

I remembered the moment before I had approached him and the expression that had crossed his face. It had stirred something inside of me. In his eyes I had seen what I wanted but could never seem to grasp. Purpose. It is a fleeting creature; how had he managed to grab hold of it so quickly? Already during his season in Helovia he was the talk of the Throat. Was it a tinge of jealousy that left that nasty taste in my mouth? Or was it after taste from the grass I ate earlier.

The grass. Definitely the grass.

Oh the things we tell ourselves to make us feel better.

Chastising myself I remember this is what I love about my home. Helovia is a place where boundaries are limitless. Anyone can become anything. If only Lytninia had been like this.

"What does it feel like? One moment you are stumbling through the Threshold, wondering where you are. And in what must have felt like the blink of an eye you are here. With this status. Isn't it amazing what can happen here?"

Despite my earlier bout with jealousy a happy chirp escapes my throat.

Credits: Thank you Shady and Tamme!
Magic usage is okay.
Just ask before doing any actions that may cause a great deal of damage first.
I am also okay with being tagged.

The Morningstar's ear twitched, and the cheery greeting drew his gaze towards a speckled pegasus mare. His lips twitch at her words, and he dipped his head. "You can call me Buce, or Bucephalus. It's still too odd to be called the Morningstar yet." He blinked when she kicked, and subtly moved a step or so away from her. She introduces herself as Rei, and Buce snorts lightly. Definitely obsolete." His gaze flickered over her, studying for a moment before she spoke again. And with a very loaded question.

Bucephalus was silent for a bit, mulling it all over before he spoke. "It feels... many things. Startling, delightful, worrisome... But i've been in much more stressful situations." He grinned wryly. "So, you knew who i was. How so? I don't recall meeting you before." It was startling, hearing that many if not most of the Throat knew who he was already. Of course being named Chancellor probably helped to spread his reputation. That trail of thinking made him wonder just what kind of reputation he had.

"Well, let me just say that it is a pleasure to meet you Rei. How long have you been in the Throat?" He asked, rubbing his muzzle against his leg, fighting the urge to sneeze when the wind stirred the fine sand around the oasis. "Have to be longer than the season i've been here." He raised his head and flashed another grin.

Word Count:239 Tags:@[Rei]

Pixel by Aud

Rei
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

"You are the talk of the Throat. Just because I tend to talk too much doesn't mean I don't listen." I winked at him and laughed a little at my own expense.

"You have taken Helovia by storm. Have you found time to breathe? Can't become all work and all play you know." I tried to sound serious but a grin took over my features. He didn't look to be a stallion that would be the type to be all seriousness. "I am sure that you will serve us well."

"I have been a part of the herd for around three seasons or so. Most of my time has been spent wandering." It certainly was a strange land that we had all stumbled upon; in it I had seen more wonders than what I had seen during all of my seasons outside of it combined. And oh how it called to wanderers with an irresistible siren's call. So many trekked Helovia's landscape slack jawed and wide eyed.

"The pleasure is on both ends!" It was obvious that my time away from Lytninia had been mounting. I felt myself tense in slight discomfort at the formal tone in my voice. I was out of practice. All play and no work showing I suppose. "What duties does your newfound rank entail? If you ever need some help I'm your girl. I really should be more active within the Throat."

Bucephalus flashed a grin that made me wonder how much of a boost it had given him in his rising ranks. Before I had time to fully process a response my face had already mirrored his in a smile. What charm he had.

Magic usage is okay.

His grin cracked wider. "I play plenty. Only recently i've had to be serious." When he had arrived, in those first few days, there was peace. Now, murders, spies, dangers everywhere. Darkness was coming, in one way or another, and it was now his responsibility to help defend the Throat from whatever may come. It was...daunting. He had told Morrigan when he first arrived, that he trusted no one. But... it was growing harder, impossibly so, to not trust anyone when they treat you like family, when they give you purpose. Purpose. Bucephalus was never one for lacking purpose, so his leaps and bounds up the hierarchy suited him rather well, even if he held reservations about the future.

His ears swiveled towards Rei, listening. Three seasons? "That's quite a bit. A lot can happen in three seasons." Didn't he know it to be truth? Amusement crossed his dished face, and he glanced to the water of the Oasis. "My duties are to deal with the daily goings-on of the herd, make sure everything runs smoothly while Gaucho does his quest and Sohalia works with the Academy." He shrugged lightly. Before Rei came, he had been readying himself(somewhat) to go see from Ampere if anyone had done patrols yet, and if they did, what they had learned... and of course he needed to do his own patrols.

"I will remember that, Rei." His gold gaze turned to her at her offer of help. He most likely wouldn't take her up on it, if he couldn't handle the position well he shouldn't have it. "Do what i did. Wear yourself near ragged and be everywhere. Doing so, you learn quite a few things too as a bonus." He said, wings shifting slightly.

Word Count:292 Tags:@[Rei]

Pixel by Aud

Rei
― Michael Jackson

"Yes. So much has happened." I had seen new beginnings to lives and the end of others. Here recently I had seen more of the latter, but the hope brought forth from new beginnings was not to be forgotten.

The academy? I felt myself lean forward into his words hoping for more. Although the appointed librarian I had heard little more about our new organization. The thought of just asking him right here and now about the events within the newly formed academy made me squirm though, how could I ask without seeming oblivious?

Before I could come up with some scheme Bucephalus was talking again and my attention once again focused on him. As he spoke I felt my head begin to tilt and my ears flopped to the sides. It made my stomach churn. Would I be willing to make that kind of sacrifice to have a rank within the herd?

I wouldn't listen. Personally I don't see the point of knowledge if you are too ragged to put it to good use.

I wasn't sure what way to spin my ears. I knew that I had heard a voice, but why hadn't Bucephalus reacted? He did not strike me as one who would let insults fly.

Then it hit me like the force of a low laying tree branch while at a gallop. The voice had come from in my head. Although it certainly hadn't been my voice. Had it? Do we even have voices in our thoughts? In answer a chuckle reverberated in my head.

"Please know that I say this with all due respect, Bucephalus. But is it worth running yourself ragged?"

That's a girl.

Immediately I regretted my words. Immediately. Mothers warn their foal's of listening to strangers, why did they leave out recommendations about unknown voices? "Never mind! I mean, of course it is. All of us must do our part for Dragon's Throat."

A murmur of a growl was followed by a sigh of frustration.

"You should have seen the hard work my father put into everything he did." For once I was glad that my father wasn't around. What would have been his response be to my questioning this stallion's advice?

Hooray for setting Rei plots into motion! @[Bucephalus] sorry for the wait. I wrestled with this post trying to decide which route I wanted to take with Rei's plot line. Just as a side note; she has not gone nutty!

Magic usage is okay.

So much had happened... oh such true words. In only a single season he had somehow managed to be catapulted into a lead position. His gaze focused on Rei as her expression changed. But it was her words that startled him. Was it worth it? "What do you mean 'is it worth it'? Anything and everything requires effort, i chose to throw all my energy into this herd. So yes, i think it's 'worth it'." He couldn't help the faint tinge of iciness in his tone. To imply that all his work wasn't worth the strain irked Bucephalus. He was proud to be Chancellor, proud that he had managed to stand out from the crowd and earn the place of diplomat and lead.

She corrects herself, and after eyeing her for a few seconds more he dismissed the remark. "There's nothing wrong with hard work...although playtime is important too." He said, growing silent then, his gaze drifting to the oasis. Despite his constant running around, he didn't actually know if he deserved his rank...but he didn't plan to let Gaucho down. To let the Throat down. They were his family now... even with all their weird silence and lack of dance and song.

Of course, things didn't always go as planned. More often than not plans went awry, but that was the joy of life. "I'm sure your father was proud of what he accomplished." The black dipped his head to her, a faint smile on his face before it was gone.

Word Count:254 Tags:@[Rei]

Pixel by Aud