the Rift

[OPEN] Look in their innocent eyes (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

'She is here' -- my mind whispers over and over like a chant, 'she is still here.' There was a substantial lightening of an invisible weight that had been pressing upon my heart. Africa, dear girl. She'd unknowingly played a part in giving life to this battle worn soldier; yar, or perhaps this spirited woman of fire and light was a secret puppeteer, and it was me who'd become her puppet.

Branches grab at my feathers and fur as I push past their itchy fingers, I hardly notice, "Didn't thee parents caution ye, of strangers and lurkers?" a warm chuckle is teased to life; matching her humor with surprising ease. Somehow she's coaxing my lips to give a soft beam; tis welcoming and more affectionate than our last visitation.

After all we are far from being strangers. I stepped to the sunchild as she neared, effectively closing the distance between us, "Has ye settled?" There is an echoing, 'Has your decision been made?' Unspoken truth cloaked by a considerate, and reasonably harmless question. The fire in her hair dances, haloing those sharp angles and further highlighting the mistreatment she'd undergone after weeks in Helovias wildlands.

A pang of guilt sweeps across my gut, making me feel slightly sick inside. Had I been more concerned, perhaps more vigilant, the former Sultana wouldn't be in such a state as this. Gilden gaze does an almost paternal sweep of Africa's body. Those few days I'd left her alone, they made a noticeable difference -- not so much in appearance, but rather by that lifted way she carried herself. Those gentle eyes glowed with spurred energy. My muzzle extends, reaching to solidify and reaffirm our bond.

@[Africa]

credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Look in their innocent eyes (closed) - by Midas - 12-12-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Africa - 12-13-2014, 07:04 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Midas - 12-14-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Africa - 12-16-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Midas - 12-16-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Africa - 12-22-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Midas - 12-24-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Africa - 12-25-2014, 04:01 PM