the Rift

[OPEN] Look in their innocent eyes (closed)
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

Her happiness brightened something in me, for a fraction of a moment I'm held, locked in that wide beam and reminded of being young. There was a thought which followed, I wanted -- nay, this soul yearned to see Africa glow with all the radiance she deserved. It was hardly noticed that she called me by my lifted title; in this precious and rare place, I was captivated.

Her soft gems slip to earth. Quite unintentionally mine remained on the top of her flaming crown for a moment longer before falling to the spot she now lingered upon. Seconds pass, and nothing happens -- then, suddenly the ground begins to have the slightest of cracks. Tips of green begin to sprout, seeded and nourished by magic. They rise shyly from the pit below our feet.

Africa concentrates and wields her newfound power as naturally as any I'd ever seen. She comes into it without qualm or difficulty, "Very good," I hear myself whisper; these eyes are no longer on the spouts and swaying vines. She is lost in her own lovely realm and I'm swept away by the pureness of this gentleheart. Rising thoughts spin alive in my mind, words bubble to the surface. They wouldn't see life today. All to soon the spell is broken. Before she can notice I'm shaking that unexpected daze forcefully from my mind; from a clinched heart. I straighten as if nothing remarkable had just occurred.

There is a fond slip of tone, "Be wary using thee power just yet, I've been told it zaps strength and can be hard on the wielder." Though I wanted to linger, there was little excuse to and Fina would be returning from her hunt, ready to start a patrol, "I should return to work." As if on cue a piercing cry shattered what little privacy we had. The flaming avian came into view with a young black snake between her toes. Her sister followed, empty of gain; though the lack of catch didn't dampen her childish spirit. Expectantly the older bird rose to our cliffside lookout, flashing back a huff, "I'll be close if thee has need of me. Otherwise I bid ye good day," crown bows and slowly rises. Sunkissed pinions spread to the warmth of another day.
@[Africa]

credits
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
Look in their innocent eyes (closed) - by Midas - 12-12-2014, 09:45 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Africa - 12-13-2014, 07:04 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Midas - 12-14-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Africa - 12-16-2014, 01:25 AM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Midas - 12-16-2014, 07:22 AM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Africa - 12-22-2014, 01:37 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Midas - 12-24-2014, 06:17 PM
RE: Look in their innocent eyes - by Africa - 12-25-2014, 04:01 PM