the Rift

[OPEN] born from dark water

Arya Posts: 50
Hidden Account
Filly :: Unicorn :: 16 hh :: 2
Minx

She harbours a sword within her unquiet roaring heart,

Another came and for a long moment Arya paid them little mind. Silently she hoped that the gray mare would move along her way, but instead she crawled into the pool next to her. The huntress looked over at her with a hollow expression. “Hi…” She said finally, moreso out of politeness than a desire to have conversation. “Who’re you?” Maybe it was rude to go demanding information out of others when she didn’t make any efforts at warmth or kindness. She was swiftly finding information needed to be carefully kept close. Mare or not the gray one was a stranger and she very well could have daggers hidden under her elegant frame. Her eyes would be drawn to another figure walking toward her. It was the mare that had been eyeing her mother back at the festival.

Upon their first meeting there was no denying the jealousy she had felt. There was no point in such feelings at this point. Arya assumed this mare was her mother’s lover and her mother’s happiness surpassed any past envy. Surely one day her mother would have to watch as she chased after some fair maiden or strapping lad. Part of her was tempted to move closer toward the mare she settled into the pool, but her affections for her mother didn’t necessarily reflect upon her. Arya snapped her head at the sound of her name, both ears perked forward. At the brindled mare’s question her eyes fell back down to the pool. Everything around her was crashing down. Every bit of normality was gone. Despite her pain she wouldn’t let herself cry. She would show this mare that she was strong. Arya had heard stories of valkyries, amazons and woman kings who stood in the face of their pain and conquered it. It was time for her to grasp to their ideals and play the part.

“I’ve been better,” She said. “I’ve been worse to I guess.” Memories of her blood spilt upon the snow barraged her mind and she tried to focus upon the mares before her. “All I want is to find that man and drive a stake through his heart.” Hatred bubbled up inside and she cast her eyes away from the brindled mare. “Stallions shatter everything they touch. Every wrong that has happened to me as happened at the hooves of a male.” She sighed and shook her head slightly. Out of the blue she realized that she might not even know the mare’s name for sure. Rhiannon right?”

@[Rhiannon] @[Tangere]

arya woman-kingfont color=#eebabb>arya woman-king

• tag in opening posts only 
• violence/magic is permitted. maiming/death is not without prior permission

Messages In This Thread
born from dark water - by Arya - 12-12-2014, 11:27 PM
RE: born from dark water - by Tangere - 12-18-2014, 02:51 PM
RE: born from dark water - by Rhiannon - 12-23-2014, 11:27 AM
RE: born from dark water - by Arya - 12-24-2014, 03:31 AM
RE: born from dark water - by Tangere - 01-10-2015, 12:46 PM