the Rift

[OPEN] !! Goodbye, Apathy

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

Crown. The bronze contraption which had been carefully crafted by Cera was connected to my cranium. It's weight a reminder of his words, that I wouldn't be alone. A reminder that other's cared for me. Cold. The glass barrette pressed against my crest as another reminder of the care for which Alleo had watched over me. It was with concern that I tried to move as quickly as I could back toward where his caress was. But, these adornments couldn't get me there faster...

Injuries. A deep gash along my right flank, causing a wince with each insistent stride forward. Another gash from my throatlatch to shoulder, not as deep yet still instigating pain. Hoof marks were imprinted against the left side of my loin and hip, and it was this impact which had jarred my spine into another awkward position. In fact, sharp pains were made with each step I took - pain that I shouldn't be feeling. It didn't matter. I had to get back to Alleo. I had to.

Uncertainty. There was no understanding of what had truly happened. My mind had begun to block it all out. Pain, hatred. A cave. Some random creature and a cave. They had taken me when I had gotten lost. They had claimed they were going to help me. Except they didn't. They took me to a cave to 'protect' me from an oncoming storm. But, as soon as the storm ended he had refused to let me leave. Injury after injury was created until I gave up. I lay there, pleading with something to let me go, and finally, he left. I waited for a little bit before galloping out of there as fast as I could. And, when I thought I was far enough away I finally allowed the pain to take its hold. Still, I had no clue where I was.

Vibrations. It was that wall again. That invisible wall. It told me I had to be near the Threshold border. And, after deciphering where north was by the heat of the sun in the mid morning, I began to trudge that direction. I had to listen to the earth. I had to find a way back to the Falls. It was a slow pace. A very painful pace. Blood stained portions of my coat, scarring around the edges of wounds had started to form, and I knew that if I didn't get seen soon, by someone - anyone - that infection had the ability to settle in. Alleo would not be proud.

Roaring. It was a roaring in her ears that caused me to fully pay attention to my surroundings. Was I back at the Falls? Was I back home? I start to make my way up the hidden steps, back into my home, as the night stats to fall. And, when I finally makes it into the safety of the clearing, I allow my limbs to give out. I allow the pain to take its full hold. I crash to the ground with a small sob of, "Alleo- I'm sorry," and I allow my eyes to fall shut while my body trembles.

Questions. Would he forgive me for leaving? Would he forgive himself for not being there for me? Would he not go after this kidnapper I couldn't even describe for him? Would he understand? I just needed him...

@[Alleo] -- anyone else can join if they wish, so long as they promise to keep up posting ;3

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Alleo Posts: 115
Hidden Account atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.3 :: 12 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
ali
alleo</style>
close your eyes, i know what you see
the darkness is high, and you're in ten feet deep
but we've survived more terrible monsters than sleep
and you know i will be here to tell you to breathe
</style>

Had he not been patrolling near the border he would not have seen Rasta laying in the grass where she was. He was still at a distance when he saw her, but he knew the color of her coat. To be sure, though, he stuck his muzzle into the air and breathed deeply, inhaling her familiar scent that still sent his heart to racing. His joy was quickly overshadowed by a deep seated fear that Rasta had crossed the border and collapsed, dead. Why else would she be laying there? Why else would she have not sought him out? Why else would he smell blood.

"Rasta!" He stood in place and shouted her name, willing her to lift her head and look at him with those beautifully pale eyes, her equally pale hair framing her beautiful face. The muscles in his shoulders twitched with nervous tension and when she didn't move fast enough for him moved into a swift canter only to stumble to a very jerky stop a few seconds later. "....Rasta?" He frowned deeply, his eyes growing troubled as he took in the state that she was in, the blood that marred her coat and the gashes that split her hide. Anger began to bubble within his chest, making him snort fiercely. "Who did this to you?" He had not had such a strong desire to fight and kill since he had helped his sister kill their father.

Alleo lowered his head and brushed his muzzle against Rasta's neck. There was one thing that he could be thankful for and that was that she was breathing. She was alive. Whatever had happened to her had not taken her away from him forever. His legs folded under him as he lowered himself to the ground to lay beside Rasta until she found the strength to rise. "What happened to you?"

"."

@[Rasta]

Credits

RASTA

hey sister, do you still believe in love, i wonder?

My name. It hits the air and rings in my ears like a hit to the gut. It's my name that is ringing through the sky and it's from a voice with a deep sound that is all too familiar. I don't move at first, I don't think I even can move. But, it is knowing that it is Alleo who is coming toward me that forces me to start to lift my cranium from the ground, pale eyes lingering in the direction of his pounding hooves.

However, it is his stumbling stop which concerns me, ears falling to the side in pain as he sounds my name almost as if it were a question. I took in a shaky breath, head now lifted fully, stretching out to try and reach his leg as he stood near me. It was his snort, though, that forced my mind to start to click, to work regardless of the pain. "I don't know who it was. Some stag, big in build, who didn't talk too much," I sighed, eyes squeezing shut because I knew it was my fault. If I hadn't gotten lost in the first place I wouldn't have ever ended up with inside that stag's clutches trapped in a cave.

Alleo's muzzle grazed across my neck and I allowed my ears to flicker upwards, focusing directly upon him. I don't think he understood how grateful I was to have him next to me as he folded his own limbs and took his place beside me. Only, now was going to be the difficult part. How to explain what had happened to me…

I was quiet for a moment, taking in a shuddering breath as I rested my cranium near his chest, listening carefully to his heartbeat to steady myself. "I-I got lost coming back from the Throat. I had gone to apologize for leaving them, but on the way back up the terrain wasn't the same and I got lost. I tried to ask for help, and that stag said he could. But, instead of taking me toward the Falls he led me to a cave, said we should sleep there for the night, and then wouldn't let me leave. I tried, I did, but every time I started to get near the exit he attacked me. I'm too small to do much else." I paused, taking in a deep breath, "I kept him from taking advantage of me. I fought back, I wasn't going to let that happen. But I don't know how long I was in there. I judge days by the warmth of the sun, and being locked in that cave… my sense of time was ruined…" I tried to explain, though I wasn't sure he'd understand.

"I'm sorry, Alleo. I shouldn't have gone alone… I shouldn't have made you worry…" I whispered, turning my head to try and meet his eyes with my own blind ones.

ali
alleo</style>
</style>

Anger made his blood boil as Rasta spoke of a male, the one that had put her in the situation that she was in. Of course, he felt that she was partly responsible for it. How many times had he told her not to wander off? How many times had he told her to tell him where she was going so he could look for her if she did not return by dusk? There was only so much he could do to protect her short of laying his own life down for her. Was that what she wanted? The more she spoke the more his anger and frustration rose.

"Rasta." Exasperation was evident in his voice. "You can't trust everyone who says they want to want to help you." He had seen far too many mares in his lifetime taken advantage of because they trusted a stallion to help them. Because they had trusted a stallion to have completely honest intentions when most stallions wanted only one thing from a mare. He could lecture her a thousand times over, but it would not change what had happened. It would not change that she was beaten and collapsed on the edge of the Falls' border.

"No." Alleo agreed. "You shouldn't have." He sighed and watched as she turned her head to face him. "You should have told me where you were going so I could look for you. I didn't know where to start. I didn't know where you went, if you were even coming back. I started to think you weren't and I began to consider leaving here." He frowned then reached to touch his muzzle to Rasta's. "I'm glad you're back."

"."

@[Rasta]

Credits

I was expecting to be berated, told that I was stupid. But, he simply told me (very exasperatedly I might add) that I can't trust everyone who said they wanted to help me. I sighed, eyes closing for a second before I allowed a few words to fall from my lips. "I… I don't. I don't like taking help, but there hit a point that I knew I was going in circles so I asked…"

God. This really was my fault. I should have found a way back. I shouldn't have asked. I should have been independent enough to not need this to happen. I press up against him, shaking a little bit. Shaking not because of fear, but because of anger at myself. It was all my fault.

I said that. I said that I shouldn't have done it, that I should have told him. He pressed his muzzle to mine, saying that he was glad I was back. "I'm so sorry. I didn't think it was possible. I didn't learn the terrain in the same way. I'm so sorry I made you wait, I made you worry. But I'm glad you're here. I'm glad you stayed, but I'm so sorry I made you have to."

It hurt. It hurt to know I'd caused his pain. It hurt to know I had been the reason for this. Carefully, I burrowed my head against him once more. "I went to make amends, with those I'd left in the Throat. I went to find those who had lost companions. I finished my quest… and when I got lost - it was you I thought of every day, it was you being forced to wait longer than was necessary. And when I was in the cave… I imagined you were the one next to me when I slept. You got me through it - even if you weren't right there. And I'm so sorry I put you through it all. But I'm so, so glad that you're here."

Would he understand, would he forgive? I felt so bad. I just wanted to move on. "I love you. I won't do it again. And I'll do whatever I can to make it up to you,"
Rasta & Alleo
you're my end and my beginning, even when i lose i'm winning
'cause i give you all of me - and you give me all of you
Image Credit

ali
alleo</style>
</style>

Could Alleo truly blame Rasta for accepting help from someone she didn't know? For getting lost? Maybe, but what good would it do? It would only make her feel far worse than what she was already feeling and it wouldn't make him feel any better to blame her? The only thing he could do now was make sure she healed properly, make sure he watched over her more closely so he knew where she was wandering. Apologies tumbled from her lips, one after the other and it made his heart heavy. "Shhh, mio amore." He whispered. "It's okay, you're back. That's all that matters. You came back." He could dwell over her disappearance some other time, wonder why she had left and speak his questions some other time. For now what he really needed to do was offer her whatever comfort he could until she was strong enough to get to her hooves so they could find a healer.

She hid her head against him as she began to explain where she had gone and why. The stallion remained silent as he arched his neck to touch his muzzle against her skin. The most primal part of him needed to touch, smell her, feel the warmth of her body against the sensitive skin of his muzzle to make sure she was real and not just a dream. "Shhh." He murmured again. "Calm yourself, rest. You need to gather your strength so we can move deeper into the Falls." He wanted nothing more than to stand her up and move her away from the border, but she was so fragile and he felt that pushing her would only hurt her worse. "Io vegliero su di te." he promised.

"I love you..."

Whatever else she said was lost to Alleo's ears. He sighed, his eyes closing as he let the weight of Rasta's words sink into his mind. "Ti amo di più." He rumbled, the slightest hint of possessiveness coloring his voice.

"."

ooc://
according to google translate |:

mio amore - my love
io vegliero su di te - i'm watching over you
ti amo di più - i love you more

@[Rasta]

Credits

I'm dead in the water, still looking for ya'

Apologies. That was all I had. Explanations, yes, but apologies. They were crawling around my mind, as I fought the idea that nothing would make this any better. Nothing would ever make this up to him, and deep down I knew this. Still, he told me to be quiet - patient and careful as he said what mattered was that I was back, that I had come back.

His muzzle pressed up against my neck, and I leaned into it - happy to feel the gentle caress of his maw against my flesh after having nothing for what had felt like so long. And then, he told me to calm and rest. I suppose that I could do this. I could rest. And… my body was tired anyways. I knew that I needed to sleep. "I… I don't know what that means," I murmured, after the last two sentences he said. But, still - by the possessiveness in his voice, the care on top of his natural rumbling cords I could only assume that regardless of what it meant would mean that I am good. I wanted the meaning, but I knew that I didn't need it. I knew by the tone and rumble of his voice it was more than likely just reassurance.

So, I calmed, allowing my breaths to start to match his own, my muscles to relax and my brain to start to ignore the pain that lingered. "I'm glad you're here," I whisper, and then I allow myself to fall into darkness. I allow myself to finally get the rest that I needed.