the Rift

[OPEN] !! Goodbye, Apathy

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
RASTA

hey sister, do you still believe in love, i wonder?

My name. It hits the air and rings in my ears like a hit to the gut. It's my name that is ringing through the sky and it's from a voice with a deep sound that is all too familiar. I don't move at first, I don't think I even can move. But, it is knowing that it is Alleo who is coming toward me that forces me to start to lift my cranium from the ground, pale eyes lingering in the direction of his pounding hooves.

However, it is his stumbling stop which concerns me, ears falling to the side in pain as he sounds my name almost as if it were a question. I took in a shaky breath, head now lifted fully, stretching out to try and reach his leg as he stood near me. It was his snort, though, that forced my mind to start to click, to work regardless of the pain. "I don't know who it was. Some stag, big in build, who didn't talk too much," I sighed, eyes squeezing shut because I knew it was my fault. If I hadn't gotten lost in the first place I wouldn't have ever ended up with inside that stag's clutches trapped in a cave.

Alleo's muzzle grazed across my neck and I allowed my ears to flicker upwards, focusing directly upon him. I don't think he understood how grateful I was to have him next to me as he folded his own limbs and took his place beside me. Only, now was going to be the difficult part. How to explain what had happened to me…

I was quiet for a moment, taking in a shuddering breath as I rested my cranium near his chest, listening carefully to his heartbeat to steady myself. "I-I got lost coming back from the Throat. I had gone to apologize for leaving them, but on the way back up the terrain wasn't the same and I got lost. I tried to ask for help, and that stag said he could. But, instead of taking me toward the Falls he led me to a cave, said we should sleep there for the night, and then wouldn't let me leave. I tried, I did, but every time I started to get near the exit he attacked me. I'm too small to do much else." I paused, taking in a deep breath, "I kept him from taking advantage of me. I fought back, I wasn't going to let that happen. But I don't know how long I was in there. I judge days by the warmth of the sun, and being locked in that cave… my sense of time was ruined…" I tried to explain, though I wasn't sure he'd understand.

"I'm sorry, Alleo. I shouldn't have gone alone… I shouldn't have made you worry…" I whispered, turning my head to try and meet his eyes with my own blind ones.

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Messages In This Thread
!! Goodbye, Apathy - by Rasta - 12-13-2014, 01:23 AM
RE: !! Goodbye, Apathy - by Alleo - 12-16-2014, 11:45 PM
RE: !! Goodbye, Apathy - by Rasta - 12-21-2014, 10:22 PM
RE: !! Goodbye, Apathy - by Alleo - 12-31-2014, 11:50 PM
RE: !! Goodbye, Apathy - by Rasta - 01-01-2015, 12:58 AM
RE: !! Goodbye, Apathy - by Alleo - 01-09-2015, 08:45 PM
RE: !! Goodbye, Apathy - by Rasta - 01-09-2015, 11:13 PM