the Rift

[OPEN] No Forgivance
Ascended Helovian

Midas the Gallant Posts: 1,164
Deceased
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 14.3 hh :: Immortal :: Soul is 7 (FF) Buff: HUNTER
Fina :: Common Zephyr :: Phoenix & Wakiya & Neve :: Common Zephyr :: Arctic Angel

With the swing of Birdsong finally breathing life back into this valley; everyone, including myself seemed to be in higher spirits. Another dawn stretched over yon horizon, another day. I watched the sun lift his mighty glass eye, chasing back the shadows and nighttime chill. All seemed quiet until a shuffling figure emerged from the timberline.

Overhead and billions of miles above, a violet heaven caught fire. "Fina," tone is calm, but pressing when I reach for her with my mind. On a nearby crevice, there is a flaming head-dress slowly rising from its crooked position in the bend of a burning right wing; she looks to me with a half-lided stare. Neve is nestled beside her; the child stirs when Fina starts to shuffle away, she squeaks. Searching with both eyes still tightly locked, talons waddle her immature frame to the nearest wall. Once there Neve falls blissfully asleep.

Below us, the dark stranger crumbles to earth, falling to the ground. "Will ye find Africa? Guide her to the border?" Fina blinks and starts to scowl, but the raw concern filtering through our bond stifles it. She spreads her wings without a word of retort and glides down the valley. There would be time for me to show gratitude, later. At present there is other tasks to be dealt with. Metallic pinions spread, carrying me to earth.

I land a short distance from the fallen mare. Upon first impression I only note that she is darkly colored, lean -- likely malnourished. Old scars riddle her flesh in various places, they noticeably stretch across her pale mask. There is a pungent, almost rotting flavor clinging to her dirty pelt -- the taste thickens as I draw near. It twists my gut horribly, though it does nothing harshen my tone. "Hold fast, I've summoned a healer."

MIDAS

@[Africa]
@[Confutatis]
[Image: 5388c9b80fe59]

Messages In This Thread
No Forgivance - by Confutatis - 12-14-2014, 09:48 PM
RE: No Forgivance - by Midas - 12-14-2014, 11:22 PM
RE: No Forgivance - by Africa - 12-15-2014, 06:04 AM
RE: No Forgivance - by Confutatis - 12-18-2014, 08:40 PM
RE: No Forgivance - by Confutatis - 12-24-2014, 05:38 PM
RE: No Forgivance - by Midas - 12-20-2014, 09:26 AM
RE: No Forgivance - by Africa - 12-21-2014, 04:38 PM