the Rift

A very uncreative title [O]

Astrasza Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
[Image: Z2G1bN0.png]

The constricting threshold again, this land eats away at Astrasza's time like a gluttonous ogre. Astrasza strolls through the trees at a casual pace, definitely in no hurry to be anywhere. In fact with so much time on her hands and so little to do, she is flat out bored.

Sigh...
Astrasza's head hangs and sways with each foot step, her icy eyes dance around the trees for anything exciting. This is the place where animals gather to engage in small talk, yes?
You know you wouldn't be so lonely if you'd stop disappearing every time you meet someone new.
Shut up! Astrasza hissed at the subconscious voice in her head, I'm not good at small talk, ok? The copper mare mentally argued with herself, angry at the truth that slipped through her head momentarily reminding her of the rational consequences of her actions.
Lost in her thoughts Astrasza stumbles over a root sticking up from the dirt, Astrasza's attention is pulled back to her. Minding her feet, her eyes drift down and she notices a small lizard spread out in path ahead of her.
Astrasza's head tilts as she watches the lizard lick up ants scattered around on the path. She could have easily stepped on the lizard just now, but fortune smiles upon the lizard.
Astrasza can stand and watch the lizard all day, killing time, enjoying the peace... Ah hell, I gotta find something to do. Chase birds, deer, pick a fight with the playground bully and see how far I get. Astrasza snorts and tosses her head. With a flick of her tail she lunges forward, carefully avoiding the lizard under her feet, and propels herself into a smooth lope through the trees.
Her wings hug her body tightly, but they are rather awkward to carry around if we're being honest. Astrasza causes a ruckus, her strong legs kicking at rocks and sticks as she runs by, the thundering drumming of hooves and sticks breaking could be heard for yards around her. Her motivation is to scare some critter out of hidden to torment it, maybe she'll tick off the local grump so she can cackle like an arrogant youngster while she makes her getaway. Hell, at least she's keeping entertained.

edited by Blu to fix table

Bucephalus the Morningstar Posts: 292
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.1 :: 6 || Tallsun HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Azeeza :: Orange-breasted Falcon :: None Tribs
[Image: 3999927.png]

[Image: 3999923.png]

[Image: 9e6b3ad4-a8c4-4003-bd66-cb75589c58e6_zps...1415597174]

Back again. Well why not? The Throat always needed new blood, new faces, plus the certain windstream that carried him from the desert to the Threshold was warm and crisp. So, all in all, a pleasant flight. His gold eyes scan the ground below even as he slid from one air current to another, roaming above the Threshold in search of possible members. All morning he searched, to no avail. The Morningstar was growing fed up, sick of combing the little expanse he had managed to cover. Birdsong had already brought quite a few folk into Helovia... was today just not his day? Bucephalus was about ready to turn around and fly back home, when something caught his attention below.

He was in luck.

His gaze locked on a rather beautiful pegasus down beneath him, frozen in place. Black ears pricked sharp, straining to hear any sign that the winged one was in trouble. Whether she was or not, she took off like lightning, causing a ruckus that he was almost certain this forest had never seen. He couldn't help the smile that twitched at his lips. She had fire. One wing folded while the other flapped, flipping the black before he dove down towards the Threshold below. He landed at a canter, keeping pace with the mare(for when he got closer, gender was apparent). "Lovely day for some chaos, hmm?" He asked, although unlike the mare he didn't kick around stones or broke plants or such things. Nah, he didn't wanna chip a hoof.

Word Count:255 Tags:@[Astrasza]

Please tag Bucephalus in all posts.
Any force is allowed against short of death.

Pixel by Aud

Unregistered

What a deviant one, what an ass. The very peace of the forest destroyed by Astrasza's complete lack of respect for harmony.
Astrasza's sides heave as her body struggles for breath but she's overtaken by the pleasure of the run and humor of her attempts to get attention and self gratification. Wouldn't it be funny if it actually worked?

"Lovely day for some chaos, hmm?"
Astrasza nearly jumps out of her skin as a voice cut through the rumble of hooves. Her heart skips a beat, Son of a bitch! Astrasza's wings flutter open and she plants all four hooves to the ground and skids to a stop, watching a shadow beast run ahead of her a few strides.
Astrasza's heart pounds in her chest, the organ racing with exhaustion from the run and throbbing from the shock of the voice. When her eyes got a good look at the culprit, they feast on the streamline black form of a fellow winged equine. A black shadow that danced with fluid elegance trailing gold behind him. To her privileged he'd chosen to stop her pointless joyride, and to waste his precious heartbeats acknowledging Astrasza's existence.

"You scared the shit out of me!" Astrasza snarls towards the dark hunter.
Temper, temper. After all you got what you wished for
Astrasza pants to regain her breath and her composure, "How long you been watchin' me?" the copper snake grumbles to her company, her ears flatten with agitation. "How about a little warning before you go sneakin' up on innocent folks?" Honestly though, she's only pissed that he'd caught her off guard. Blows to the ego are taken far more serious than it should be.

And...

Three...two...one... boom. The mare notices him and skids to a stop, panting. The black slowed to a trot, turning around before stopping before the mare, ears pricked. "Why did you stop?" He asked nonchalantly, amusement flickering across his face. But her words banished his mirth, the expression replaced with a frown. Such coarse language. And rude to boot. No matter, he'd seen ruder. "Not long. Just long enough to see you take off as if all the hounds of hell were after you." He said, rolling his weight from left to right and back again. He shot her a look that was both amused and sarcastic at her words, a faint laugh escaping him. "Considering the ruckus you were making, it's a miracle i managed to get your attention at all."

That aroused his curiousity, and for a moment he stilled, head tilted. "Why were you causing so much noise?" Then he blinked. "Ach, pardons. My name is Bucephalus, and yours?" He asked, ears pricked towards the mare, tail swishing. His gaze flickered over her, noting her stockier, sturdy build and had to fight to keep a smile from his face. Gaucho would like this one. Now if only he could sway the mare to follow him towards the Throat. She would fit in well, he supposed. Then again, almost everyone fit in well in the Throat. Save those that didn't.

But as Chancellor, he felt a duty to bring wayward souls back to his home, to his family. This mare would be the beginning of many.

Word Count:260 Tags:@[Astrasza]

Pixel by Aud

Unregistered

The man before Astrasza held his posture with confidence, a decepting vibe keeps Astrasza on her toes. But he seems able to put up with Astrasza's bullcrap with the up most gentleman's maturity. Kudos to him. His sense of humor brings a smile to Astrasza's lips, a rare feeling of pleasure that the company of few other creatures gave her. Perhaps it is his tolerance that brings her comfort.

"Bored." Astrasza answered calmly in one short blunt word. As her body cools and her heavy breathing slows, she relaxes herself by pacing a little as they talk. Her drifting between the dark knight and the ground, picking out rocks beneath her feet to kick at to keep her eyes stimulated while her mind and mouth focused on the conversation.
"How's it goin' Buc...o...falpho... Mind if I call you Alfo?" Astrasza struggled with the name, with a lack of patience she simply makes something up on the spot.
Smooth...
Shut up
"Name's Astrasza. (A-stra-ja)
Just drifting around, no place to be, nothing better to do to do. Just out to get a few tails in a knot!" Astrasza smirks, moving in on the stranger to extend a wing giving him a friendly nudge on the shoulder. "Got good weather today, why not enjoy it, eh?" Yes, she's bold enough to touch a stranger she'd only just met, perfectly prepared for almost any reaction.
"And you? What purpose you got bein' out here scarin' the piss out of some girl minding her own business?" As if this were the truth...It could be the stallion was also just incredibly bored, after all she hasn't seen too much action since she left the mountains to the far east. Not that she hates this land of course, but she's still a new girl in town.

@[Bucephalus]

Bored. By far the greatest motivator in all the world. Well that and the fight-or-flight action thing. He gave a light shrug, and he winced at the butchery of his name. "Bew-seff-ahl-us. But just call me Buce." He said, focusing his gaze on her. Was his name that hard to pronouce? And what the hell kind of a name was 'Alfo'? Sounded like alfalfa. And no, he was not utterly delicious grass. Utterly delicious, yes. Grass, no.

His lips quirked up. "Well causing a stir such as that and throwing rocks everywhere is a good way to piss someone off. Provided that they cared." He grinned, then his ears pricked forward. He bumped her shoulder in return, a smirk on his dished face. "Aye, a very good day. The winds are alive, it's warm and the air is crisp. Enough to make one frolic...which someone already has." He teased.

"And if i scared a little miss, i apologize. I actually came here to recruit members for my home, the Dragon's Throat Herd. And no, it's not in a dragon's throat." He said, a laugh slipping past him. "I've taken to saying that to avoid any confusion from those that don't know the herd names." He eyed her then, a sly look on his face, borderline playful. "So, would a lovely miss such as yourself care to join me on my trip back home? The desert is a beautiful place in spring." And that it was, the cacti blooming with the birdsong rains, the air filled with the calls of locusts and frogs. Paradise to the black.

Word Count:267 Tags:@[Astrasza]

Pixel by Aud

Unregistered

So she's been the target of another captor, Astrasza's been recruited once here before, only it was very short lived. Suppose that explains why this gentleman is alone.
"Sure, why not? I've always wanted to join a cult." She grins mischievously. Astrasza smoothly takes a few strides to land at Bucephalus' side, already she's dreaming about the quality of her new home. Lush greens and flowers, yes such beautiful wonders that can be found in a... desert.
Astrasza's dreaming of paradise screeched to a stop.

"Wait... Desert? You said you live in the desert... Such curses, of course he lives in a desert! Deserts are hot, and sweaty, and steamy, and dry, and lots of sun, and...

Actually, a desert is defined by the lack of yearly precipitation
Shut up! I know that, but it's still hot, and sweaty, and steamy, and dry, and lots of sun.
You don't know that, he could live in a cold desert
What are the odds, let's be honest...

Astrasza's face scrunched up as memories of uncomfortable hot days drawing sticky sweat to her coat, the very feeling of walking with hot sweat lubricating her armpits as she walked. Beads of sweat rolling down her face, and of course the one bead that could make it to her butt-crack. And the smell, the God awful stench of horses clumped together in the heat of the day conjuring a toxic bubble of body odors that lingers even past sunset.

Astrasza doesn't even realize she's staring mindlessly at the black gentleman until she's had enough mental imaging of deserts and all the horror they bring. As she snaps out of it she repeats herself one more time to Bucephalus.
"Desert...."

What is she getting herself into...?

@[Bucephalus]

She agreed quick, and for that the black was grateful... even if she called them a 'cult'. A grin parted his black lips, and he turned to unfurl his wings and take off into the sky with his new recruit...

Or that was the intention. The disbelief and shock in her voice turned his head, and he blinked in startled surprise at her expression. What was so bad with the sands of his home? "Aye, desert." He faced her, torn between laughing or being insulted by the obvious displeasure on her face. Okay, so the desert wasn't for everyone... here he thought he found someone who could take the heat... literally.

She's quiet, staring at him to the point of uncomfortability. "The dunes of my home are not for everyone... but come now, I thought you to be a mare that can take the heat." He teased with a smirk, walking over to face her. "It's not as bad as you think... Summer is growing closer every day, thus the heat... but only the strongest can survive the brutal sun, and the rewards are great."

He looked towards the direction of home, ears pricked sharp. "I've seen the lights of the north nights.... seen giant fish fly from the water. But never have I seen something as beautiful as the desert." He looked back to her, a grin on his face, excited and coltish. "Come with me, Astrasza, I'm sure you'll do fine." He smirked, gold eyes glittering mischievously at her.

Word Count:251 Tags:@[Astrasza]

Pixel by Aud

Unregistered

Astrasza groaned with frusteration, honestly who makes a home in the desert when there are plenty of lush green prairie's ripe for the picking all over the place? Hell no. Astrasza is torn, having been by herself for months that very factor alone keeps her chained in place and fighting the urge to turn her nose up on the stallion's offer.
Astrasza's lips sag to a frown, her ears falling and her gloomy eyes lock onto Bucephalus.
Come on, you're not gonna let something like climate stop you from adventure, are you?

There's a lot of things Astrasza can take; kids, and..... being punched in the shoulder...and....... hmmm..... well shit.
Egged on by her persistent whispering subconscious and the Prince Charming's insisting that she at least give it a try, Astrasza reluctantly bobs her chin to the stallion. "Oh how ever can I resist that look, and do tell me are you a thing with the ladies back at home?" Astrasza lightened her own mood with a joke, "Fine, I'll give your "desert" a try. I suppose I could give cactus juice a try, yu know, that list of things you'd like to do before you die? Taste cactus juice, make a sand angle, experience the thrill of accidentally landing in a cactus bed and pick the thorns out of my butt."

Astrasza moves forward, ahead of the black stallion. Her maroon wings open, blanketing the ground under her with a massive shadow. Astrasza lifts her head, her eyes scan the tree tops for an opening large enough for her to slip through without too much difficultly. The sun blared through holes in the leaves, but Astrasza is undaunted. She looks over her shoulder to Bucephalus and grins, "Lead the way, Buce." Her wings come together in a downward stroke, the air hissed and the plants were blown over under Astrasza. Her wings fluttering she leaped forward a few strides to gain momentum and pushed off the ground, bursting through the trees and into the open blue.

@[Bucephalus]