the Rift

[DROP] [Royal SS Drop] Beach day

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

DESTRY
rise to the occasion
Many gathered after my song was sung, singing tales of desires to cure, tales of bravery, my mind sinking into a swimming ocean of beautiful harmonies that rang through the air. I listened closely to Aurelia's song, my mind at ease as I melted into her delicately woven words, feeling her presence shifting closer to me. I turn my head and give her a delicate smile, eyes loving and tender as I shift my attention back on the egg, ears flickering to better hear the songs of others.

In the end, there were many who would not be accepted by the egg, Aurelia included, which made my heart sink as I remembered her tale about her companion whom she had lost. You could simply tell by the shift of mood, the way the air around you changed as the egg chose who to listen to and who's songs had not fulfilled it's needs. I could feel it's presence linger upon me, and my thoughts changed to romantic stories. Is this what it desired next? A tale of passionate romance? My heart races as I think of Delinne and my father, wondering if my tale should be other their romance, a story which I am quite familiar. A small smile draws itself upon my lips as I take a hesitant step closer to the drift wood nest, looking down upon the egg. This story may take time,
but it was surely worth it to hear of such sweet times before and after my birthing.

"I'll tell you a love story of my parents, Delinne and Azzaron." I sigh softly, trying to soften my words, leaving my sentences falling from my lips at a gentle pace. "They met in the decent of Birdsong, in the Thistle Meadow which is East of here. My father at the time had been on a quest for magic, leaving him to suffer with smoke in his lungs and burns on his hocks for all of the season. Yet still he worked his way to Delinne, where other stallions were trying to take her as their own. Azzaron stood out for her, a man of gold who could harness fire and soft words, even though he was battered during that time, she still somehow found the good within. Out of sheer luck they met again in the Deep Forest, Azzaron confessing his adoration for Delinne, and from there his actions spoke louder than any of his words ever could." My eyes drift to the horizon as I think back, grasping at the stories that had been told to me over and over again. "That is when I was conceived," A small smile befalls my lips as I think about how happy my mother must have been after finding out she was pregnant. "A mare of the Windtossed Foothills, which is now the Hidden Falls, stole my mother from my father while the moon watched. She remained a prisoner in the Foothills for many a night, hoping to be rescued by her knight in golden hide. And indeed he did come, ready to set the Hills ablaze if that's what it took to get the mare he felt so strongly about. He was determined and courageous, some may say even a little stupid for his brash actions. Together they fled the Hills, granted freedom by the dark mare who had taken my mother, not daring to look back at their new found enemies. They were stopped in the Heavenly Fields when labor befell my mother, leaving her unable to go much farther. It was then that I was born, beneath the watch of Mauja, King of the Basin, and his wicked wench. Mauja with his silver tongue deceived my mother into believing my father had already impregnated another mare, and she was but another lost hope to him. So my mother followed Mauja to his frozen kingdom, my father flying from my birthing site with teary eyes and a sunken heart." A gentle inhale as I prepare to continue on with my tale.

"Yet Azzaron refused to let my mother go, and he followed her and I to the Basin, trespassing on the territory of the unicorn supremacists. Their hateful gazes did nothing to damage him, nor did their threats to remove of his prized wings. Nothing could keep him from seeing his love, not even Delinne's murderous father who had already sliced into Azzaron's flesh during a fight prior to his crossing of the Basin border, the fight leaving him with permanent wounds. My father crossed the border of the Basin, looking for my mother so that he could see her once again and explain the truth to her, win her heart over from Mauja's cold grip. Much to my father's dismay, there was Mauja and his loyal followers to threaten to tear him apart before me. My mother did nothing to help— and she let him go. She let Azzaron leave the Basin without an exchange of words, she did not think what she was doing was hurting him, because she believed the lies Mauja and his foul friends had woven." A gentle smile crawls across my lips as I remember what comes next, when my father taught me about my magic and how I could fly. "I wandered from my mother at that age, although I had no friends to play with because those of the Basin were not in my interests. I found my father outside of the Basin, and I learned of my magic, he taught me the basics of flight, it was the first I had ever actually spoken to him. The reason I hadn't spoken to him much before is because my mother pulled me from his gaze before anything could be exchanged. It was not long after that my mother left the Basin, but my father could not, for he was now a prisoner. Again they were torn apart, this time they feared they may never see one another ever again because Azzaron was forced to remain in the Basin as a prisoner of Deimos, a former ruler of the frozen lands. I too remained in the Basin, tucked away without ever interacting with many. But this isn't really my story, so I won't go into detail about my own adventures during my father's seasons as a prisoner."

"For a season or so my father fought to be freed, insulting the unicorns of the Basin for as long as he could, annoying them and desperately trying to free himself. Fortunately he wasn't noticed one cold night, and flew away to find my mother with her name on his lips. He found her in the Deep Forest, reuniting with her with his heart bursting with joy and together they made yet another child beneath the sky's watchful gaze. That was the turning point for their lives, when everything began to shift and change in ways both good and bad. My mother birthed outside of the Edge where they had been seeking a home, during her birth they were attacked by vicious beings whom tried to consume my brother Azarel. My father bravely fighting alongside Amika, a family friend, to protect my mother. Azzaron learned his efforts were for almost nothing as a golden dragon descended before him, telling him that he could not stay for he had previously challenged Kri, the Sultana of the Throat. Yet he did not give in to the golden queen who came to tell him that if he did not make amends with the Throat, he and his family could not stay, he did not turn away and forget the Edge. I believe he did try to close the open wounds he left the Throat with, I really do think he tried. But it was not long after Azzaron faded into the background, assumed dead by many, however Delinne had not lost hope that one day her golden king would reappear just as lively as before." This is where their story takes a bitter twist, my heart sinking as I recall what happens next.

"The world above was taken over by demons and shadows, leaving the residents of Helovia stuck underground in caves that weave beneath the Heart, which is a lava pit near my home, it is a place where Frostfall does not linger. There my mother, Azarel, Amika and I were, when my father came stumbling from the shadows. He was broken and blinded, and despite only being ten, one would've mistaken him for much older than that with his skinny body and battle wounds. His wings were falling apart, and you could tell he had suffered a great deal during his lifetime. And all of it had been for my mother, he dedicated his life to keeping her and his family safe. He died that day, and I kept his feathers close so that he will always be with me. He gave me this locket too," I crane my neck to put my lips to the golden locket that rests on my breast, a few tears rolling down my cheeks as I do. "It's sad, how in the end, my mother forgot about my father not long after he died, staying with another stallion as though she had been hoping for another life of love and loyalty. I don't think she realizes that the life my father sacrificed for her is a life no one can ever replicate. For there is nothing so bittersweet as a dying breathe given to you with the words 'I love you', dancing from your lover's lips." With tears in my eyes I step back, praying that my story had been enough for the small child within the egg, heart racing as I try to keep myself calm as I recall the blood that slipped from my father's lips as his life faded from his clouded red eyes.
"talk talk talk"
-- really long :x
seeks roc zephyr companion --

art by dark, table code by tamme

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
[Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Random Event - 12-15-2014, 02:16 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Rhoa - 12-15-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Hotaru - 12-15-2014, 08:37 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Destry - 12-15-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Aurelia - 12-15-2014, 11:22 PM