the Rift

[DROP] [Royal SS Drop] Beach day

Thor the Gentle Heart Posts: 379
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.3 :: 11 (TallSun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Sabine :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Linds

Smile for your sins

After attempting to soothe the babe with song verse, I was surprised to hear a shudder in its soothing melody. I tensed slightly, worried that I had not pleased it. The feeling itself was almost heart-wrenching and somewhere in the depths of my mind I knew that I had not given my all. However, each of the subjects was allowed a second chance to earn its favor in the art of storytelling. I feared that I had nothing to share, no imaginative telling of love as mine had always been tainted. When a red-winged mare stepped forward to begin her narrative, I panicked. All around everyone looked as though they had some idea in mind and here I was flustered and nervous without one of my own.

As I glanced around, desperately trying to summon the nerve to fabricate some fairytale of true love between a handsome prince and beautiful princess, I paused on Cetan. He too appeared nervous, though it was typical of the young stallion. He clearly had little to rely on as a colt and somehow that bothered me, even after accepting my responsibility as his mentor. I smiled gently to the Sleuth before looking back lovingly at the egg. When the crimson spotted woman stepped back in order to allow Cetan closer, I watched the stud with fascination. I did wonder if he had ever experienced love in any of its forms but before I could ponder long, his words began to sing a familiar tune.

As soon as the terms “family”, “brother”, and “friend” reeled haphazardly through my understanding, I gaped. Had I not hear right? Were we not supposed to talk of romantic love? But Cetan’s story was so obviously about me! I was frozen, unable to escape the idea of admiration and devotion revealed to me in his story. It wasn’t until he backed away from the babe that I was able to regain my composure… what a day this was becoming.

Another young colt took Cetan’s place before the egg and told a story that I had a hard time hearing. I was still too shocked by the admission of my very own Sleuth to comprehend anything else. However, when it was my turn, my mind was so hazy that I was uncertain I could even formulate a sentence, much less a story of love and romance. Hesitantly, I moved forward again while peering down at the babe. I’d wasted all of my time and now I had to come up with something quick.

But what came to my mind was not what I’d expected.

However, I couldn’t fight it. I couldn’t fight her memory anymore and so I relented, determined to paint the “fairytale” of my own love and my own loss.

When I met the first woman I’ve ever loved, there was something in the way that she looked at me and saw beyond my insecurities that captivated me. She was fiercely loyal and kind, but not without fault. A mysterious darkness plagued her and made her someone she wasn’t and it… well, it broke my heart to see her that way.

The hatred that fueled my burning desires was directed inward, at the weakling with whom I am unfortunate enough to share a body with. It would be a lovely joke of the gods, to trap two such different faes in the same form, forever battling for control.”- Tamira

She was ill, so very ill, and fought hard to keep her secrets hidden until she just couldn’t. This woman, the one this story is about, had the most beautiful soul and you could see it when you looked into her eyes. She was vivacious and intelligent, so much so that it was easy for me to look past her sadness, her silent cries for help.

Could he help me? I didn't know, I didn't care. All I knew was that I needed him. I needed Thor.”- Tamira

I was blinded by my love for her; I had been a truly selfish man in my youth… But after witnessing that darkness for myself, I could stand it no longer. I did the only thing I knew to do and perhaps the only thing I’ve never done before. When I called upon the great Earth God to provide me guidance, he answered. You see my dear, the only magic I now possess is the ability to heal such darkness… darkness of the mind.

"Serve those you seek to heal, Thor, and you shall have my appreciation."- Earth God

When the Earth God granted me my wish, he taught me how to erase my beloved’s pain. He blessed me with the power to divide the separate personalities existing within her head and I did so hoping that it would be the answer to her grief. For a time, we were infinitely happy. I was able to convince her to come with me to the World’s Edge where I introduced her to my loving family and she was graciously accepted into the fold. We thrived there, building trust and a life together.

I smiled to myself at the thought of Tamira and the way her deep brown eyes always seemed to find mine, even in a sea of faces. She had been my light, my comfort, my soul… For the first time in years I was able to conjure her image within my thoughts. Her smile was just as I remembered and it brought a single tear to my eye. I attempt to dash it away but it only crept down my cheek and stained the dark fur.

I was the happiest man on earth with her at my side… But, not as happy as I was when my daughter was born. It was the most magical day, and still is, in my entire life. To look into her eyes and realize that I could no longer love anyone more... I guess it’s enough to admit that Essetia and my beloved changed me forever. I was high on happiness, high on their love, and high on my perfect life.

I would not leave this child if death were upon me. I would fight through any pain in order to see her safe. It was instant, an impact that only a father and mother would know of.”- Thor

Some weeks after my daughter was brought into the world, I was offered the opportunity of a lifetime. I was asked to lead alongside a great mare in the World’s Edge. I couldn’t believe how wonderful things were, how successful I’d become in such a short time. I had found love, a family, and reputation… at least that’s what I thought. That is, until everything started to fall apart. My beloved was the first to fall. With sadness filling the holes I’d created in her conscious with my magic, she began to question everything about herself. It was a never ending spiral that eventually consumed her and broke her down.

Of course, I had been so occupied with my new rank as WeyrLeader, to notice. She became more distant and cold, overwhelmed by her doubt and ever-growing angst… and all of that pain it,-“ I stammered heavily, “-it devoured her. It forced her to wander recklessly in search of the side of her I’d taken. At first her journeys were but a day, but then they grew longer and more unpredictable... Perhaps that why I didn’t go looking; perhaps that’s why I stopped waiting,” I choked.

I couldn’t find the strength to look around at my observers and instead fixed my eyes on the babe, unabashed.

It wasn’t until days after that I learned of my beloved’s murder and I don’t think I ever truly recovered from the blow. I was so young, so naïve, and certainly too immature to deal with the repercussions of her loss… so I abandoned my perfect life in favor of seeking punishment for the things I’d done or failed to do. You see my dear, though that love was tragic, it will always be remembered. I have learned from my mistakes and have matured from the young, foolish man I used to be. Age can be a funny thing and a life changing thing at that. I know now that I am capable of loyalty and of making my family my priority. I can care for you and we can learn and grow together… This is my chance to love again and so fully that nothing can break us,” I breathed with new resolve. “I may not be the daring young boy you’d imagined or the sweet, maternal woman you’d prefer, but I can promise you love and devotion. I can promise that I’d never make the same mistake twice.

[OOC| Wishlist Seeking a Roc Zephyr & no prior refusals]

Thor the Gentle Heart

Lines by Tamme! Paddeh Coloring

Messages In This Thread
[Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Random Event - 12-15-2014, 02:16 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Rhoa - 12-15-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Hotaru - 12-15-2014, 08:37 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Destry - 12-15-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Aurelia - 12-15-2014, 11:22 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Sikeax - 12-15-2014, 11:28 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Cetan - 12-15-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by December - 12-15-2014, 11:56 PM