the Rift

[DROP] [Royal SS Drop] Beach day

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

DESTRY
rise to the occasion
I smile softly as the song that has been sung from the egg within my head remains, clinging to my memory as it flows gently to my ears, delicate harmony ringing. My body sways to the rhythm of the music, smile dancing over my lips as words are pushed into my mind, forming responsive thoughts in reaction to such. The egg wanted a story about me now, and my mind drifts to all the recent events I had dealt with. However, my life is definitely not some fantastical tale of romance and heroic feats, nor was I a saviour of Helovia. I was simple, little Destry. I was an insignificant piece in the God's wicked games, a pawn to their massive chessboard. Looking over at the dark stallion with the leather wings who also remained as everyone else shuffled away, I offer a smile. I did not wish to compete with him, only to tell the egg a story to soothe it, and maybe if the God's allow, take it with me to add one more to my little family that was soon to grow.

Smiling down at my hooves, I raise my gaze to the little egg sitting within the driftwood nest, stomach twisting just a little bit as I summon the courage to spill out my story, tongue testing my drying lips ever so slightly as I move forward to tell the egg my tale. I did not wish to weave lies, because I knew how horrible the feeling would be if I won the egg because of my lies. Sighing and gently beginning my tale, I felt myself sink into an inescapable pit of memories that had laid down before me. "Well, I hope you know my tale is true, only because I would never forgive myself if I earned you through weaving lies to make myself seem more than what I am." Inhaling deeply, I begin my story. I didn't know why I chose this point in my life, but that is what I had done.

"I have already told you about the death of my father, and that is where my story will begin. With the death of a sire I had never really known too well, and the abandonment of a dam I once adored. My mother had forgotten all about my father naught but a few months after the death of my father, and I found her birthing a child that was not my father's. It hurt so much to know she had already forgotten him, that their love meant nothing to her. That his devotion to her was long since forgotten. I was so angry and upset at her, I abandoned her. Thinking back on it now, I regret it. I should've congratulated her, or apologized to her before she left. I don't know where she is now, but wherever she is I wish she knew how much I'm sorry." I have to stop and inhale, trying to bring myself to composure despite the feelings welling up inside. I want to find Delinne, I want to run to her and apologize and desperately hope that she'll forgive me, but she is gone and I don't think i'll ever find her. "I ran away back to my home in the Hidden Falls where I refused to speak or interact with anyone. I was so upset by everything, I honestly just wanted to fade away and never have to deal with anything ever again. It was a low point in my life and I feared that never again would I be able to be happy. How wrong I was." My tears welled within my eyes for yet another time, yet a smile crawled its way over my features as I told my story.

"As I wept beside one of the falls, I met a mare who was being kept as a prisoner within my herd. I told her she was an angel, oh how silly I was back then. She told me she wasn't an angel, but it was I who was the angel. We talked together for what seemed like forever, and all I wanted to do was lay there beneath the moon and talk with her. She was the first one who could make me smile since the incident with my mother and father. She invited me to follow her to her home a few days afterwards,to meet her on the border of the Falls, but in the end we found one another during a drop like this one, much to our dismay we both lost, and I suppose neither of us have given up finding a friend, for we were both here today. My dearest Aurelia told me that she had lost her companion, and it was then I could feel my heart sinking as I felt so sorrowful for the loss she had suffered. I think it was there Aurelia began to open herself up for me, and I found that inside she was just as broken as I, if not more. Yet her beauty was not damaged or tainted with her sorrow, instead I found she was so much stronger beneath the light of emotion. I told her that I loved her for who she is, and together we went to the Dragon's Throat, side by side. It was not long after we returned to the Veins to pray to the Gods, and it was on that day I was reminded that miracles were not always going to happen when I wanted them to, and the world around me was fragile, and that an imbalance can cause everything to fall apart." My smile had faded as I remember our journey to the Throat after the burning, and how painful that had been. "Aurelia was taken by me, and I feared that she had left me, that I wasn't good enough for her. It scared me to think that I wasn't good enough for that one person who made me so happy inside. I was a coward, and unlike my father I did not go head first into enemy territory to fight for Aurelia's freedom. I instead prayed to the Gods, and this time my prayer was answered. The Earth God, surely the kindest of the Gods, granted me a quest. And that's what I'm on now, a quest so that Aurelia and I may create a family of our own. I found her in the Throat, and I told her about my feelings, finding that she too wanted a family. And that's all I wanted, was to make her happy. And if finishing this quest is going to do just that, then I'll do it. Although I'm afraid I'll make a mistake and she'll leave me behind, I still fight for her and her happiness." My smile is brightening, the distant song of the egg and crashing of waves, rolling in smoothly. "I suppose since the death of my father I haven't drastically changed, nor have I achieved anything great. I'm a simple mare, but I'm okay with that. Hopefully you're not seeking a strong, brave soul who's wise and knows just what to do during stressful situations, because if so, I am not the one. I can only provide a small, fragmented little family that's soon to have a little addition to it. And maybe I can provide you with a child to watch over and play with, to love just as much as I will love you, hopefully a child of ours." Ours, as in Aurelia and I's child, as in ours, meaning our little family. My heart skips many beats as I think about having a companion to guard our child as they sleep, playing with them and exploring the world with them.
"I apologize that my story is not as pleasing as it could have been, but my life has just begun, and I have much more to experience. If you choose me, maybe we can experience these things together, and side by side we'll take on whatever obstacles that stand in our way."
"talk talk talk"
-- seeking roc zephyr --

art by dark, table code by tamme

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
[Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Random Event - 12-15-2014, 02:16 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Rhoa - 12-15-2014, 06:54 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Hotaru - 12-15-2014, 08:37 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Destry - 12-15-2014, 09:17 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Aurelia - 12-15-2014, 11:22 PM
RE: [Royal SS Drop] Beach day - by Sikeax - 12-15-2014, 11:28 PM