the Rift

| kung av sand | OPEN

Breeze Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
Under the starlit heavens he flew, full moon bleaching his creamy hide, making it silver. On his back the stars, the legacy of his grandsire, shone as if they had light of their own. It looked as if the stars of the night sky had rained down on him and settled on his back and wings. He flew fast, the young stallion, fled from the warmth of the Dragon’s Throat, fled from all the confused feelings that had come with his arrival to Helovia. The cold air helped him forget by combing through his forelock, mane, tail and feathers. It was an exhilarating feeling, much like the feeling in his stomach when he tucked in his wings to free fall for several yards. Breeze loved that feeling, but he never did such reckless things other than when he was alone on nights like this.

For a while now he’d been aware of a towering mountain range. However how aimlessly his flight was that range kept coming closer. Now he was so close that he could see how high the peaks really were. Clouds obscured the top of them, and he knew it wasn’t even worth trying to fly up there. He executed one of his free falls and before he flared out his wings and rose on an updraft he saw a waterfall, a glittering pool in which it ended and a sparse forest. The foothills were green still and the range seemed to be able to protect those living in these parts from extreme cold in Frostfall and extreme warmth in Tallsun.

Breeze decided to go down. If no one was living here maybe he could quietly divert from his new herd and settle down here? He would gladly trade the heat at the oasis for these lands and these towering mountains - no matter if he had to live in solitude.

As his hooves touched the soft earth and the green grass brushed his fetlocks a sigh escaped the colt. He smiled, his head held high, wings extended and tail raised like a flag behind him. Here I want to be king. he thought, not knowing he’d landed just outside the borders of a herdland. The wind was at his back so the scent of the herd was carried away from him.

[Ooc; The title is Swedish and means "King of sand" and it is a Swedish saying (meaning some one that owns nothing, king of nothing), the saying is sort of born from this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FTfe7F9BI8 ]

Melody Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Melody's small figure rose up and down as she flapped her wings. The black feathers almost blended in with the night sky. Melody closed her eyes, she loved that feeling. Just to close her eyes and soar. He wings glided of the air, she opened her eyes. Her mind came back to the real world. The world that she had once known had been destroyed and the one she knew now was cruel and frightening.

Melody could hear faint wing flaps near by. She looked sround as she neared the peaks of the mountains. She stopped flapping and stayed at the altitude she was at. Then she spotted a sleek coated stallion flying just aove her. He wasn't there for long as he swooped down and landed on the ground.

Mel followed the stallion to the ground. Melody let out a friendly whinny."Hello" she said softly." I am Melody." her voice was gentle. She began to wonder why this stallion was on his own.

Kanti Posts: N/A
Unregistered

The night was young as Kanti wandered her way long the base of the mountains. A bright, full moon hovered high overhead in a dark sky punctuated by small bits of stars. It was a remarkably clear night, and all the lights made it easy for the pale femme to pick her path through the rocks. She had never been one to stray off into the night, but she had had an odd day and was having trouble sleeping, so off she went into the strange new world that she had come upon.

Kanti smiled. She had been in Helovia for only a few days, and the entire world was just overwhelming to her. Confronted only by non-magical Equines in her past, the flicka was having trouble adjusting to this land of wings and horns and magic. Especially the magic. Her smile shifted to a frown. She wasn't sure how she felt about magic yet. She could accept the extra appendages, but the magic? Maybe not.

The palomino shook her head, her creamy mane floating down across her neck in a somewhat less-than-orderly fashion. She wasn't going to think about that tonight. Tonight was a night of exploration, to find out what kind of land she had come to live on. Tonight, she was off to explore the mountains that had so captivated her ever since her arrival in the Foothills. And so she had left the safety of the herd - whose company she was finding that she enjoyed - to wander through the night.

She didn't blend in very well, with her golden coat and snow-colored mane; but then, she didn't think about that when she set out on her brief journey. Besides, under the night lights, she looked almost ethereal, her pelt glowing a soft silver. Her steps made a soft thumping sound as she weaved her way up a small hill - and at the top, she stopped, frozen in awe.

The sight before her was breathtaking: from far above, water cascaded down the rocks, splashing into a seemingly shallow pool below. A gentle mist billowed from the base of the waterfall, enveloping the majority of the small valley in a light coat of water. Perhaps that explained the lush look of the plants. In the night, the grass and trees were colored a deep navy hue, and the water cast off a glimmering, gleaming light that almost seemed to be of its own. It was beautiful.

Kanti sighed softly, completely entranced; as such, it took her a moment before she saw the form of a Pegasi standing a ways away from her. She hadn't caught a scent, so perhaps the wind wasn't in her favor; either way, she wasn't too concerned and, being the friendly sort, wandered closer to the Pegasi. "Hello," she said softly as she neared it, a friendly smile on her face, "What brings you out on this wondrous night?"

Unregistered
All of a sudden a scent came towards him. The scent of an equine and the first thought that ran through his mind was Kiara! But then he was ambushed by two strangers! Oh well, he was approached by them at the same time from different directions, but he felt ambushed. It was two mares who came, one by foot and one on silent wings and he was startled by both of them. Almost simultaneously they spoke, seeming as unaware of each other as he’d been of them. “Hello, I’m Melody.” the grulla pegasi said and on his other side the paint equine asked what had brought him out this night. He guessed his silvery bulk was obscuring their field of vision so he backed up a little so they could see each other.

They were beautiful both of them, but he especially liked the soft cream color of the equine’s spots because in the moonlight they became grayer - not very unlike his own body. But the young stallion didn’t reflect so much over their appearances, as he’d calm down he looked first to the winged mare and then to the other, trying to come up with something nice and normal to say. But his tongue worked faster than is brain this time and he blurted out: "You scared me, ladies!"

He felt like a fool right away and tried to repair the damage. "Sorry, I didn’t meant to sound harsh. I’m Breeze, son of Al-Shahin and Ru’yah." He smiled at Melody and then turned to the equine mare. "It is wondrous, indeed. To answer your question, milady, I like the night. Really I prefer it before the day, especially the hot days." Offering also her a smile he then fell silent. Apparently there were horses living here, maybe, just maybe he could speak to the leader and migrate to this wonderful place. Leave the desert behind. The thought made him feel guilty… guilty towards Queen Kri and Lady Lumina and towards the Throat’s herd in general, but what could he do? He seldom used the word “hate”, but he really did hate the hot days at the desert oasis.

Kiara Posts: 171
Deceased atk: 4 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 13.2hh :: 5 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Keiran :: Black Panther :: Stormcall Emily
As if he had called her, there she was. The young red roan was making it a habit of traveling by night. Tonight, found the young dove in the Foothills. She was making nightly sprints, practicing and training her body to be stronger. If it was ever needed, she wanted to be able to protect herself and help the Qian. As she ran her mind wandered to the shy silver knight she had met on her way back from the Vein of the Gods. He had been nice enough.... Maybe, just maybe not all males were out to harm her. Then it hit her. As if the wind had been seeking her out a cool OrangeMoon breeze grabbed at her mane almost pulling. The appaloosa pulled up short, snorting softly. It was only then that a familer scent hit her. Breeze! He was here in the Foothills!

Like a rocket the red roan shot off, her course changing to follow the scent. As she ran up over a hill she spotted him. However once again she came to a halt and her body tensed in fear at first. He was not alone. Two mares, one painted and the other a dark grulla. Out of shyness she froze. Running into a group of Qian members was one thing.... Strangers was still another. Mainly when there was a stallion there she barely knew..... No, Breeze isn't like them.... I can do this. She thought to herself. With an excited whinny that surely would draw attention she ran forward. She only slowed down as she drew near, halting a little ways off from the group to shy to go any farther.

The Heart is Wiser than the Mind

Please Tag Kiara in All Posts
Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Unregistered
" Oh sorry I frightened you! I have just been quite lonely lately" she said flatly.She drew her wing to her side. " I really like your name. Who are you" she glanced at the painted mare.

She drew away from the mare. Breeze's coat had her a bit mesmerized. The jerked away quickly after realizing she was stareing.

All of the sudden a friendly whinny filled the land. She wipped her head around to see another mare standing a little ways off. " You can come over here." Melody let that slip. She didn't even know if the horses she was with would harm her.

Unregistered

Another Pegasus! Well, what a surprise! Granted, the painted mare was not one to explore all aspects of a situation before diving into conversation with a seemingly kind stranger, but she was truly sorry for having overlooked the Pegasus mare. How rude of her! "Oh!" she exclaimed quickly, hoping to counteract any budding unease, "I do apologize for not having seen you before! I really must pay closer attention to my surroundings!" She offered a shy smile to the femme. She was quite pretty, her pelt a dark grey in the night. With her wings folded, Kanti could only just make out the white tips beyond the black, but she was sure that the Pegasus would be a sight to behold in the daytime.

Kanti's attention shifted as the sounds of the stallion's voice met her alert auds. "You scared me, ladies!" Long, white lashed lowered to hide the laughter in her amber eyes. The thought of the likes of her scaring this handsome Pegasus! How absurd! "Sorry, I didn’t meant to sound harsh. I’m Breeze, son of Al-Shahin and Ru’yah." What strange names his parents had - but then, she supposed that the names of her own herd would sound strange to outsiders as well. Their names had meanings, and as such were very important, not at all to be taken lightly. In fact, names were very interesting to the golden-painted flicka, and she fully intended to ask about these.

But that would come later, as the silver-dappled stallion continued to speak. "It is wondrous, indeed. To answer your question, milady, I like the night. Really I prefer it before the day, especially the hot days." Kanti smiled warmly at him, pleased by his answer though her own preferences were the opposite. Named for the light, Kanti preferred the daytime, though she would admit a certain hatred for heat. The grulla spoke up, too quickly for Kanti to respond to Breeze. "Oh, sorry I frightened you! I have just been quite lonely lately." Kanti felt a pang of something like sorrow - she, too, knew what it felt like to be lonely. The Pegasus mare continued, "I really like your name. Who are you?"

Kanti realized that the last question was directed to her. "My name is Kanti," she informed the pair. "I apologize for startling you, Breeze. I have simply been exploring this land, as I have only just recently come to call it home. It is a pleasure to meet you both." Suddenly, a friendly whinny came from somewhere above. Well, the mare thought, this is becoming quite the party! She turned towards the source of the noise, both curious and reserved. The nature of the greeting implied that the newcomer knew one of those present, but one could never be sure. At least there was a nice stallion here to protect her should it be someone harboring ill intentions, but Kanti was almost certain that the newcomer was friendly as well. She would just wait and see.

Unregistered
It is ok" Mel let out a very quiet giggle. She was so outgoing. " Well I m Melody, but I perfer that others call me Mel. " So, Kanti do you live here?" Melody had always dreamed of living somewhere like this place. She found it amazing, she hoped this place would help erase her past. I really hope these horses can help me recover from what has happened to me she thought. Just thinking about it was awful. Of course the past popped into her head, she swallowed hard trying to fight back the tears.

Melody got it back together and focused on the present time.

OOC: Sorry that it is quite short

Unregistered
[Melody, please respect the posting order and don't forget the minimum 100 words rule =)]

"Ladies Mel and Kanti, it’s nice to meet you both." Breeze said politely. He’d never been ambushed by mares like this before and just until recently he hadn’t even understood the difference between the company of a mare or a stallion. Now however, thanks to Kiara, he’d learnt that he could feel quite differently about mares. He was surprised though to notice that neither of these two ladies affected him in quite the same way as the roaned filly had done.

He listened to Kanti talk. ”I have simply been exploring this land, as I have only just recently come to call it home.”
"Oh, so there is a herd in this region?" Breeze asked when she had finished. His thoughts were abruptly diverted though, when a familiar scent and then a voice he would know anywhere rang out in the night. Kiara!

A suffocating wave of emotions washed over the silvery little knight when he turned and saw her coming towards him. Her blond mane brushed her two colored neck in a way he found breathtaking and her eyes, her beautiful emerald eyes, made his legs shake. But his heart was filled with sorrow and regret, the taste of failure lay on his tongue and he contemplating taking to the sky and flee. Just like he’d done a few days ago when they got turned down by the Earth God. A coward. You’re a coward Breeze! his mind spoke to him and he tucked his wings tight to his body to prove himself wrong.

"Lady Kiara," he whispered with a thin voice as she stopped in front of them all. "this is Mel and Kanti." he gestured halfheartedly towards the two mares by his side. He was aware of how rude he was, directing his whole attention to the roan femme. But he could not concentrate on anything else but Kiara, her compact body and her silky mane and tail.

He gazed at her from under his forelock and his heart pounded in his chest at the sight of her beautiful face. "How… how have you been?"

As he spoke to her the young roan's body shook. Not in fear, but in something else she just did not understand. She was excited to of found him again.... But he was ating to much different.. Was it because of the other two mares there as well. Slowly she moved forward coming to stand at Breeze's right side. Gently as lipped at his wings, kind of jealous that he had been able to fly away from the God of the Earth so easily. Both had been embarressed that day, but it had been a sweet gesture all the same. However her mind was made up. If she had friends like Breeze, who needed a companion? It was only then she realized he had introduced the others present to her. Softly she spoke "Pleasure to meet you both." Her green eyes then looked to him gently, wishing she had a way of telling him it was alright. She knew he had been dissapointed just as she had.

His voice was calming to her, even if the tone was all wrong. Softly she spoke, trying to keep her voice low not really careing if she was rude to the other two. "I've been ok.... Wondered where you took off to so fast. I wanted to thank you for trying, but if I have friends like you, who need a companion?" She smiled, her green eyes sparkling as her attention turned back to the other ladies present. "So are either of you members of the Foothills or the Qian?" Mirage's herd didn't seem to be such a secret anymore, and as the Foothills was allied with the Qian Kiara had no issue asking flat out if these ladies belonged here. In her mind, Breeze belonged here because well she wanted him there and that was that. The other two.... Well one couldn't be to careful now could you?

Permission granted to use magic or physical force with Kiara at any time for any reason to any degree, with the exception of killing her.

Unregistered
[OOC | Should I go ahead or wait for Mel? o.o]

Unregistered
" Nice to meet you to Breeze and Kanti! It seems like ya'll have met before, all of you." Mel felt a bit left out. " So I have been trying to find a home. Is their anywhere around here for me?" Mel had been lonely lately.

Mel's eye were gleaming in the light of the moon, and her forelock alway covered her right eye. " Is somethig wrong Breeze?" she naticed he looked uncomfortable all of the sudden. " You look tense all of the sudden." Melody was concerned even though she hadn't known Breeze for an hour.

" Am I butting in on anything, I feel like I have intruded." Mel felt stupid, like she had been rude.

Unregistered

Suddenly she felt as though she were an intruder on a very private matter. Had she and Mel's appearance interrupted some sort of lover's meeting? Oh, dear. But then Breeze introduced the newcomer, and though his discomfort did not go unnoticed, Kanti took this as an invitation to stay. A smile appeared; a kind word of greeting followed. "Lovely to meet you, Kiara. In fact, it's quite lovely to meet you all." Her smile turned to Mel. It was a bit chaotic, this moment. Breeze seemed to be a bit infatuated with Kiara, and the pair started up their own conversation; Mel looked a bit concerned - by Breeze's discomfort? - and then, as she voiced Kanti's own thoughts of intruding, a bit sheepish.

The painted fae felt that she should come to Mel's rescue. "Mel, if you've not got a home yet, I'm sure that my herd would welcome you with open arms." A few steps towards her, hoping to appear welcoming. And then Kiara, at least, seemed to remember their presence, inquiring as to the Foothills herd and the Qian. Kanti frowned slightly. She had heard of the equalist group called the Qian, but she had not joined their ranks. She was a peaceful soul, and there had been whispers of a war approaching. Shaking her head, her smile returned. "I am a member of the Foothills herd. These lands are ours." A pause as she considered how to respond. "I have heard of the Qian, Kiara, and while I admire their cause greatly, I have not chosen to join their ranks."

Unregistered
A happy sigh left the stallion’s maw at Kiara’s words. She wasn’t disappointed in him and it seemed she had never been. A smile spread on his face and his dark eyes glittered with relief. But then the situation crashed down on him and he felt terribly bad for being so rude to Malody and Kanti.

"I am so sorry, Lady Kanti and Lady Mel, I was kind of taken off guard by Lady Kiara here. I assure you both that you’re not intruding on anything private." He smiled, hoping that would make the two of them feel better. Then he listened to the soft voice of the roan femme by his side. Her nearness made him hot in strange places and he pondered again why she affected him so when the other to mares didn’t. Sure he liked them and wanted very much to be friends with them, but what did he want to do with Kiara? And not to mention, what did his body want to do with her?

Shaking the questions from his mid Breeze followed the mares’ conversation. He’d never heard about the Qian, he never asked Kiara where she hailed from that night they first met. Neither had Breeze heard the whispers of war, but he sensed something grave over the painted filly when she spoke of the Qian. He could have been imagining it, but he also felt like Kiara was about to join something that was important to her.

"Excuse my ignorance, but what is the Qian?" he asked and studied Kiara’s face hoping to be able to read her expression.

The young roan nodded as each of the other mares spoke in turn. She to felt badly when the other two felt like they were intruding. "Sorry about all that. I wasn't expecting to run into Breeze tonight" When the others spoke of not knowing about the Qian, she smiled and gladly filled them in. "The Qian is a herd of equality, lead by Mirage and Vikram. Currently we live pretty much anywhere, and Paladin has allowed us to take refuge among the Foothills as has Kri the leader of Dragon's Throat." She knew of the on coming battle.... It was why she was out running tonight. However Kiara felt it best not to speak of it that night. With a side glance to Breeze she spoke "The Golden Dragon you saw with me the night we met, she is the bonded companion to Mirage. Akaith checks on the members just as much as the other leads do."

Softly while standing next to Breeze, Kiara allowed her own rump to touch his. She could not explain the feelings in both her body and mind that he created, but she also knew he was the only stallion outside the stallions of the Qian she trusted. She fought the urge every time they met to press up against him. To let him see just how weak she really was sometimes. She could only wonder if it was magic or if it was something more...

Madyrn Maskan Posts: 87
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 16
Whit

War was coming, and the brothers, were fighting fit. They never stopped moving, their training was endless, constant, every step always had a purpose. Bruises sometimes afflicted their hides, scrapes, scratches, all superficial, temporary conditions that would heal swiftly in the chilly rivers that flowed through the Foothills, in preparation for the oncoming battle. It would be fierce, but they were undeniably, openly excited. They lived on war, breathed it. For years they had travelled as mercenaries, fighting for different causes, each one they believed in as much as the last. The Qian, however, their family, was the last cause they would fight for, however. Helovia had captured their passionate attentions, they were quite certain that their dying days would be spent here, protecting their loved ones from harm.

So when the brothers, who were patrolling the borders of their homeland, detected the scent of the young Kiara, they followed it, needing only to see the other nod in order to agree upon the synchronised action. Knights of shadow and flame crept through the lands, sharp ears lifting from their grave of matted mane to hear snippets of conversation ahead. The brothers smiled to each other, but soon after their expressions were unreadable.

A grulla pegasus, inquiring of a home, a young mare, golden painted in hue, another pegasus, a creamy stallion, and the strawberry roan Kiara stood huddled before them. The brothers gave a low wuffle each in greeting to Kiara, aware of her usual wariness and so curiously absorbing the fact that she so easily accepted the company of this young buck. Inwardly they grinned, wondering if this was the reason Akaith had pestered their sister a few days ago, chittering something about Kiara finding a companion and friend in one, behaving both happy and angry at what had happened that day the little golden queen had adventured with the pair.

"Home is where the heart is." Madyrn's deep, rough voice punched the air as the brothers entered the clearing, orange eyes roaming over each of those present. They walked, side-by-side, their gaits matched step-for-step. A lop-sided grin was offered to Kiara from each of them, they liked the mare, and knew that as she grew more confident, she would be quite capable.
"If you would like to call the Foothills your home, you are more than welcome to." Maskan's slightly smoother, subtler voice offered to the winged grulla mare. The Foothills welcomed all, that law at least, had not changed since the new leadership of Paladin rose to the throne. "The Qian calls no land their home, though we are working our way towards earning one." Maskan continued, happy to explain further if the young creatures before them cared to ask.

They knew war was not their sister's normal way, they knew how much it killed her to have to physically turn against another being, and use brute force, and magic, to prove a point, to earn a title. But at the same time, it was the way the laws of the land was structured, and so they figured they may as well find some enjoyment out of it. "We are Madyrn and Maskan, Protectors of the Qian, Warriors of the Foothills, and brothers to Mirage." Madyrn spoke, gesturing to his brother as he named him, while Maskan nodded his head at the time, accepting the name. The warriors stopped squarely before the gathered, swiftly turning the intimate gathering of four into more of a meeting of six. They eyed the nearness of the pale stallion to Kiara, openly criticising, judging. Silently communicating, put a step wrong, and you have us to deal with.

Were they over-protective?

You bet your life they were.

Unregistered
" Really, they will let me join your herd?" Mel was overjoyed. " Okay. Breeze I was just being sure I wasn't barging in on anything. So Kanti when can I meet the rest of your herd?" Mel glanced at her.

All of the sudden two new voices entered the conversation. " Oh, hi I am Melody. I would like to meet the rest of you before I decide to stay." She said. Mel looked at the stallion, they looked so strong and muscled. " Oh, you may call me Mel. I prefer that over Melody."

Mel felt like an outcast she knew no one that was here.

OOC: Sorry my reply took a while.

Unregistered

The painted fae had seen the newcomers around the herd. They were large, imposing, and they made her a little nervous. It wasn't anything against them, they just had a bit of a commanding air about them. She was, however, relieved when they seconded her offering of a home. Thank the gods, she thought, I didn't overstep my boundaries! She offered a small smile, still a bit spooked by the pair. She looked friendly enough, though, and as they introduced themselves, she relaxed a bit. They were warriors in her herd, after all, and they'd be bound to protect her.

The talk of the Qian made the flicka a bit uncomfortable. Of those gathered, half were members, and Kanti was almost sure that Breeze would be soon, the way he was looking at Kiara. That only left she and Mel out. The golden girl was afraid that she'd be pressured into joining - not pressured, really. It wasn't as though she ever needed pressuring. Someone asked her for something, and she said yes, the silly thing. No was not a word that she was familiar with, particularly in situations like this. She didn't want to join the Qian. Their views were admirable, and sure, Kanti thought that all should get along in peace. But she wasn't sure what lengths the group would go to to get their point across, and she didn't want to fight for anyone.

But would it be so bad, to be a part of such a group? She was glad to have a herd and a home, but she hadn't really had much time to meet them all, so it was hard even still. She hadn't anyone that she was close to. Would the Qian be able to provide a family more than the Foothills herd would? "You're in the Qian and the Foothills herd? How can you be a part of both?" The femme couldn't help her curiosity.

Unregistered
[I don't usually change tables in the middle of a thread, but I am so excited about this new table. I made it with inspiration from Mad Mask's table actually :D]

”The Golden Dragon you saw with me the night we met, she is the bonded companion to Mirage. Akaith checks on the members just as much as the other leads do.”

Her words added a few pieces to Breeze’s Qian puzzle and he smiled towards Kiara, she seemed much attached to this Mirage and he had seen why she liked Akaith. Even Breeze had found the dragon pleasant to be around.

The warmth from the girl’s side enveloped him for a moment and he stood quietly, enjoying her presence. But then two others joined their little group.

Breeze jumped when they appeared; the dark stallions, they led his thoughts to fire and shadow and he had trouble understanding that they were standing on the side of an equalist herd. If there was good and bad in the world he would have guessed that the two of them were bad. But he knew better than to judge people on their exterior. Besides they hadn’t really said anything mean. Maybe, he thought as he remembered the pale pegasi twins in the Dragons Throat. maybe I just don’t like twins.

The gathering was growing uncomfortably large and Breeze wondered why it always happened that he ended up in big groups. He wanted to move closer to the roan girl by his side, to take comfort in the fact that he knew her a little better than all the rest, but the gazes of the brothers forced him to do the opposite. He swallowed, smiled carefully at them and lowered his head respectfully.

"The Qian calls no land their home, though we are working our way towards earning one."

Somehow the words sent a chill down Breeze’s spine and he looked to Kiara. What could that mean? The worst possible explanation hit him without him thinking about it; war! Dread washed over him and he gazed into Kiara’s emerald orbs. No! He would not consider that possibility with so few facts.

For a second he glanced at Kanti and Melody. The latter seemed very excited and wanted to meet more of the Foothills herd, but Kanti had adopted a more cautious face and Breeze wondered if she knew more than him about the Qian situation. However he had no idea what she was thinking about him and about the pressure of the group.

While they spoke of the Foothills herd the silvery little stallion found himself feeling a bit patriotic towards the Throat and that was a feeling he hadn’t been expecting. It was true what he had told Lady Kri though; he did like the herd at the Throat. Maybe they could arrange a job for him which he could carry out outside the desert? He would gladly be an errand-boy. But that was thoughts and words better placed with Lady Kri and not this crowd. But what would he say to their offer about joining the Foothills? He decided quickly.

"Mandryn. Maskan. Thank you for the offer to stay, I will think about it." he smiled. "But as a pegasus I am prone to the feeling of not wanting to be tied down. I am a creature of freedom after all." Had Breeze been an older or wiser stallion he may have considered that these were not good words to speak to overprotective stallions who considered your love-interest a sister. But how could he figure that out when he didn’t even know that he had romantic feelings for the roan flicka by his side? Hell he didn’t even know what romantic feelings were… his father hadn’t really come around to sit him down and talk about the birds and the bees.

It seemed tonight she was not the only member of the Qian that was awake and moving about. At first the young roan was startled by the sound of approching hoofbeats and side stepped closer to Breeze. It was strange he seemed to be the shy girl's comfort now. However at the sight of the twin brothers of fire and shadow she whinnied a friendly greeting, the only other stallions other than Breeze that got greeted in such a way before. At the sight of the lop-sided grin from each she shyly niped as Breeze's mane before shifting. She was becoming more accepting of the stallions of the Qian, and these to particularly were becoming brothers to the young girl. Playfully she trotted over to where they stood as they spoke to the others stopping in front of them.

Her ears however were alert, listening to the conversation at hand. She frowned slightly as they spoke of earning a home, knowing what that would hint to Breeze. Quickly she pushed her front legs off the ground but did not strike out at the pair. Instead playfully she lipped at each of thier forelocks before letting her hooves hit the ground again and moving back to stand near Breeze almost as if to say No hurting him, off limits. This time however as he glanced her way she knew he knew what they meant. Softly she spoke for Breeze's ears alone. "I'll be fine, don't worry." Sure she was confident, more than she should be when going into war but it would be handled in time.

It was then her full attention returned to the other two mares she barely knew. Melody seemed excited about the fact of joining the Foothills herd, while Kanti wanted to know how the brothers were in both herds. "As they said, home is where the heart is.." She paused for a few seconds almost as if she was trying to figure out what next to say. Her body however leaned closer to Breeze, allowing her side to touch his gently and hoping he would not step away. He was her calming presence, and there was just something about him that well the girl could not understand. Quickly she began to speak again "Many of both the Foothills and the Throat are members of the Qian as well... A few of us for our own reasons choose to take up the Deep Forest as home until we gain land of our own." A sideways glance to Breeze was given, wishing she could tell hm of her past and of why she was so shy. In time she hoped that she could as well.... she did not want to be away from her calming presence to long. It felt well... strange when he wasn't near.

However at Breeze's words her body tensed and she pulled away slightly. If he did not like to be tied down.... Then was she tying him down with her friendship? Quickly she pushed the thought from her head. Why should she care so much as to what he thought of her? They were just friends right? She did not understand the feelings she had for the creamy white boy at her side. Her mother had not exactly been focused on teaching the girl about love after all, only about making sure her daughter did not get raped and trapped into the life she was now in.

"Speak speak"