the Rift

[PRIVATE] !! The Hanging Tree

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
RASTA

hey sister, do you still believe in love, i wonder?

It was my name that jolted me just enough to begin to pay attention to the world. As my limbs folded, sweet lyrics hit my ears. Lie still. Rest. I could do that. A gentle, weakened snort escaped from my maw in agreement with the commands that had been given as my mind wrapped around the different vibrations near me.

So it seemed that Africa was dropping down next to me, her own legs folding as I felt the ground begin to shift and sprout. I had been healed this way once prior, but at that time I could see - just not speak. Lakota had healed me, with Alleo by my side. So, as I lay here I forced myself to concentrate upon these vibrations. Vines beginning to wrap me into a cocoon. It seemed to pulse, blooming and squeezing mud across my body as I felt my flesh begin to stitch itself back together. The swelling decreasing, throbbing ceasing, and even my spine beginning to realign into the necessary position. It was only once all of the pain had disappeared that these vines began to recoil into the soil below me.

Then, Africa was at my side, more words beginning to slip from her lips. Asking me who had done this, who had caused the pain. A tender touch was nuzzled against my neck. Now, to figure out how to explain this to her without causing concern. "I got lost… on my way back from the Throat… I don't know exactly how long I was lost before someone offered to help. Except his help… it was not help. He kept me in a cave for… too long. I truly don’t know if it was days, weeks, or months because I could never feel the heat of the sun. When I tried to leave he attacked me…" I paused, shaking my head a little in uncertainty. "I finally got free, and went to the east by judging the heat of the sun throughout the day, and then… when I hit the wall of vibrations in the Threshold… I went North." A gentle, shaky breath escaped my mouth. "I don't know him… There is no way to go after him. There is no need to go after him. I'm fine," I tried to reassure the mare who had been there for me in the Throat.

"But, Africa… when did you come to the Falls? Why are you not leading in the Throat? Don't they need you there? Don't they need their leader?" I was so confused. There was no logical explanation for Africa being here in the Falls and able to heal when she hadn't been able to before. Yet, here she was and I couldn't be more grateful for a familiar face at this moment.

Image Creds | Coding by Schwartze

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Messages In This Thread
!! The Hanging Tree - by Rasta - 12-15-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Africa - 12-16-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Rasta - 12-21-2014, 07:42 PM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Africa - 12-23-2014, 01:43 PM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Rasta - 12-26-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Africa - 12-29-2014, 01:19 AM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Rasta - 12-29-2014, 02:45 AM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Africa - 12-31-2014, 05:21 PM