[PRIVATE] !! The Hanging Tree

Rasta Posts: 305
Hidden Account atk: 7 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1hh :: six (ages in Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Ettore :: Red-Tailed Hawk :: None Abba
give me your eyes for just one second,
give me your eyes so i can see
everything that i keep missing

Two words left her mouth. I knew she meant the best, but what I had been through was nothing in comparison to her. I'd had a few bumps, bruises, cuts - yes - but she had lost a wing to something. I didn't know what, exactly, but the way that the vibrations placed the muscle around her had scarring - awkward scarring - and I doubted that she had decided to that getting rid of her wing was an intelligent idea.

I sighed a little, at the end, blind eyes searching for the sweet mare's as I felt her began to rock toward her knees. "It is nothing compared to what others have been through. I am used to torture - my body has been built off of abuse, Africa. Do not worry for me," there is a pause, "The strongest find their wings just as they are about to hit the sharpest of rocks. There is very little that can shred my spirit - it has been well protected for years far, far longer than your ancestors had breathed…" Oh, how I hoped that these words would help her, would ease her pain just a little. There was no need to worry for me. The gift she had been given had healed me, and I was physically well now. That was all I could ask for at the moment, it really was.

However, Africa spoke of Gaucho coming back to the Dragon's Throat, saying he was the rightful one and that she had taken her place in the Falls. I don't think she understands. A snort escaped my maw as blind eyes lingered upon her form. "Gaucho will bring them to unnecessary war. I did not trust him, then. You - You and Midas - you kept him from going off on a mistake. The Throat won't be the same…" I whisper, my mind reeling at the thought of Cera getting stuck in a mess, having to fight and not being completely able. "Is Cera still there? Is Cera okay?" Oh, how everything was slowly breaking.

A breath. It would be okay. It would be okay because Africa, Alleo, and Midas were here and I wouldn't allow my life to fall to shambles - not when I thought I was beginning to find the place that allowed me to fit in. She asked if I could use anything at all from the ripening fruit that was beginning to sprout across the herd land. Laughter. How she could laugh I wasn't sure, but I was glad that she was beginning to ease up, to hopefully not feel as much pain as she was before. Carefully, I rocked myself back up onto my feet, uncertain limbs shuffling forward until I was closer to Africa. "Water… and anything else, really, would be lovely…" I said, shifting my head a little as I attempted to concentrate on the land through the shaking vibrations of the Falls which muddled with my perception. "I can walk - everything's just… hazy. The waterfalls make it difficult.." I explain, looking back toward her and waiting for the one-winged mare to move. We could do this together. We would get through whatever this pain was together.

Image Credits

Mystified, just spinning 'round in circles
Drowning in the silent screaming with nothing left to say

Messages In This Thread
!! The Hanging Tree - by Rasta - 12-15-2014, 10:47 PM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Africa - 12-16-2014, 02:25 PM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Rasta - 12-21-2014, 07:42 PM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Africa - 12-23-2014, 01:43 PM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Rasta - 12-26-2014, 11:04 PM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Africa - 12-29-2014, 01:19 AM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Rasta - 12-29-2014, 02:45 AM
RE: !! The Hanging Tree - by Africa - 12-31-2014, 05:21 PM