the Rift

[OPEN] Answer me this

Africa the Starry-Eyed Posts: 727
Deceased
Mare :: Pegasus :: 16 :: 6 (Tallsun) Buff: NOVICE
Silas :: Common Zephyr :: Roc Riven

From his post in a tall tree, the tallest in fact and the nearest straggler to the cells beyond the meadow, lilac eyes narrowed incredulously as two figures passed from the tree line beneath en route to the shelter of his resting beloved. An apprehensive snarl slipped from Silas’ cold hooked beak and he made no secret of their coming.

Company... he told his bonded with rising contempt in his tone. Leather-wing approaches. Feathers ruffled as warm sunlight spilled down across them, soaking beneath to warm both skin and soul, igniting adrenaline and fuelling disgruntlement. Glossy black wings flared abruptly and with star-shine spilling in his wake, the zephyr dropped to glide by the rear of the travelling duo and a strident cry pierced the atmosphere.

Africa lifted quickly to trembling knees and stepped from the cover of the cave towards the water’s edge nearby. Opposite, on the other side of the worn track that spilled down towards her, was still the cloak that she had lain across branches to wash in the rain and then dry, velvet rim rippling in the slow Birdsong breeze. She passed it barely a glance; shunning the memories hidden beneath its light weight, of times that she feared facing. Clean, chipped tan hooves found the grassed bank with no time to spare, and as the scuff and click of the stallion’s stride tumbled ahead of their arrival, the Starry-Eyed found neither time to neither freshen nor wet a suddenly parched throat.

She turned towards them and stunned eyes slipped from the Gallant’s gold-inscribed face, meek smile melting rapidly, towards Silas who swept then in from the rear with larynx rumbling fiercely. Africa had not expected to see Satanic Silk here, and her lips twitched with mounting disquiet. She did quell quickly the surprise from her expression as pale eyes fell hesitantly upon the silvery maned stallion, and something of a forced smile etched its way across her maw. Still, her body stood quite ridged, flames reeled angrily above the slouch of her neck, and the rippling reflection beneath quavered.

Africa

Messages In This Thread
Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 12-16-2014, 12:10 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Midas - 12-16-2014, 10:16 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 12-18-2014, 01:29 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Midas - 12-18-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Africa - 12-19-2014, 01:41 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 12-20-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Midas - 12-21-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Africa - 12-26-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 01-01-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Africa - 01-04-2015, 03:04 PM