the Rift

[OPEN] Answer me this

Satanic Silk Posts: 153
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6.0
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 5 (Tallsun) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
I wonder what Midas is feeling. Of course he is willing to help, but there seems to be an emotion that he quickly buries beneath the surface.. and I don't recognize it. I chalk it up to sadness and grieving as he relays the information that he has regarding my love. The important part is that she's alright. Despite what she's gone through, she's safe and she's going to be healthy in time. My heart aches at the thought of Africa starving and weak. Why wasn't I there to help her? What could I possibly have been wrapped up in that would keep me from her? I trusted that she would never leave me. That was my mistake. I should have stayed with her every moment of every day, to make sure that nothing would separate us. But then... I'd never thought she would want to leave me. Surely that's not why she disappeared?

I'm not sure I understand why she didn't come back to the Throat. Sure, Gaucho reappeared within the herd, and I can understand that she might have felt some pressure. Gaucho can be intimidating and Africa is, well, rather timid. And she knew Midas was here in the Falls - does it not make sense that she would go looking for someone she fully trusted and knew could care for her? Of course it did....

But why wasn't I included in that category? Why wasn't I her someone?

Midas turns and leads me in the direction of Africa. Fina has a permanent scowl on her face, but I take no heed. His other companion hovers around me, fluttering with excitement - she is clearly fascinated by my wings. I don't mind her restlessness, and let her explore what is clearly a first for her. Before we can get far though, I hear a familiar cry, and Silas comes into view. My head slices through the air, ears perked forward. I whinny to him. He is not fond of my either, but I know him and I know that where he is, his bonded will not be far behind.

The dapple grey mare arrives soon after, looking to be in good health. I'm ready to rush toward her, to check her over from head to toe and make sure that Midas has done a good job taking care of her, of which I have no doubt. But before I can move even a step forward, I can see there's something different. Much different about her. Not markings, not injuries, not anything she says. It's.. her body language. She greets Midas with a small smile, but the look she gives me is... I can't put a name to it. She's tense, her smile that appears is forced.

She says not a single word, and doesn't move a muscle toward me.

I don't know what to feel. Fear. Fear is what starts to creep through my own muscles, replacing the anxiety that had practically been swallowing me whole. Why does she hesitate? Why doesn't she speak? Why.. why is her body like that? Where is the open, embracing love that we had what seems like such a short time ago? Recognition is in her eyes - it can't be amnesia... What has happened to the woman I love? Tears begin to fill my ruby eyes and I blink them back fiercely. My lips tremble, and my voice is uneven as I will myself to speak.

"Africa..."

@[Midas] @[Africa]

image credit
[Image: silkicon2_by_lainey_lou-d73bsek.png]
Thread Tracker
Plot Thread

*You may do anything you wish with Silk excluding dismemberment and death.

Messages In This Thread
Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 12-16-2014, 12:10 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Midas - 12-16-2014, 10:16 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 12-18-2014, 01:29 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Midas - 12-18-2014, 09:55 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Africa - 12-19-2014, 01:41 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 12-20-2014, 01:56 AM
RE: Answer me this - by Midas - 12-21-2014, 08:51 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Africa - 12-26-2014, 07:00 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 01-01-2015, 10:57 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Africa - 01-04-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: Answer me this - by Satanic Silk - 01-05-2015, 01:34 AM